Best PT film!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Naredhel
So, what do you think having seen 1,2,3?

Morning_Glory
who voted for the Phantom Menace!!!!!! confused

TheForceSupreme
I am to confused at the moment to vote. I still have no idea how I feel about ROTS.

astrofan428
Sith, no doubt, for me anyways.

But to each his/her own.

Morning_Glory
Revenge of the Sith.. for sure!!! I just loved every minute of it..

but I did want to see Jar Jar die and that didnt happen sad erm

Lazerlike42
you know what would have made me happy? If Jar Jar came out at the end lightsabers blazing and just slaughtered everyone. I'm so sick of people ragging on him! lol disgust

Red Superfly
A part of me would actually liked to have seen that.

Morning_Glory
Jar Jar was annoying... he made Phantom Menace unbearable!

Lazerlike42
He is one of my least favorite characters but it drives me nuts when people say he made the entire TPM bad... some people (nobody here lol) actually act like he is the worst thing to happen since Hitler

TheForceSupreme
Jar Jar really wasn't all that bad. TPM is a great movie.

DarkYoda
One day in the distant future we may learn to appreciate Jar Jar as he is a character from simpler... goofier... happier times... times that were not so dark and unbearably sad. cry Man I feel sorry for Obi-Wan and Yoda right now.

Morning_Glory
right now? but they are far far away... so they are ok...

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by DarkYoda
One day in the distant future we may learn to appreciate Jar Jar as he is a character from simpler... goofier... happier times... times that were not so dark and unbearably sad. cry Man I feel sorry for Obi-Wan and Yoda right now.

I love Obi-wan, BUT

he suffered the same attachment problems as Anakin did. Anakin was too attached to Padme, and Obi-wan to Anakin. If he'd just swallowed his feelings and actually made sure Anakin died, stabbed him or something, then he and Yoda could have gone and finished off Palpatine together. By the end of the duel Yoda by himself had Sidious beat, he just had bad luck and fell giving Palpatine time enough to hide/escape....

astrofan428
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
By the end of the duel Yoda by himself had Sidious beat, he just had bad luck and fell giving Palpatine time enough to hide/escape....

Palpatine didnt escape, he stayed in the senate.

But yeah he should have killed him, though he probably thought he was giong to die anyway.

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by astrofan428
Palpatine didnt escape, he stayed in the senate.

Yeah that's why I said hides/escapes I was not sure. I could still be wrong but I think he at least hid or gave Yoda the impression he was gone by throwing his cloak; I believe Yoda left after seeing the cloak.

astrofan428
That was Yoda's

Red Superfly
Seriously, about Jar Jar for a sec.

I don't see what the big controversy is about him. He was intended to be a goofy, stupid, useless excuse for a creature. He was intended to be annoying. People who don't like Jar Jar because he's annoying make me feel as though they've missed the point somewhere.

I didn't mind it when Jar Jar is the bumbling buffoon who does good in the end. He had his place in Episode I, and I admit I chuckled at his stupid antics during the battles, or when he jumps down from a balcony with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, only to get cold feet and dangle from the ledge. He was no funnier and no more annoying than C3PO in the originals.

The only trouble I had with Jar Jar was in Episode II. Under no circumstances would you give that idiot any sort of say in a Galactic freaking Republic. He shouldn't have been in II at all. That's why I consider Episode II to be the weakest. Episode II was just Lucas trying to please every slobberring fanboy by having Yoda needlessly fight, have Boba Fett in it somewhere, and gve Jar Jar a smaller role, or make him less stupid, when NONE of these elemnets should have been in Episode II, because they serve literally no purpose, only to confuse many a fan as to why they even exist in the movie. Apart from the midichlorians and questionable ship design, Episode I was far superior.

Jar Jars an idiot, but at least in Episode I his intended stupidity and annoyingness made sense. In Episode II he's the tool who starts the freakin Clone War. Who is to blame there anyway?

Would you blame a child for setting off a Nuke if he was left alone in the Oval Office next to the Big Red Button? Or would you blame whoever let him in there in the first place? I feel there's some sort of conspiracy against Jar Jar, and to be honest, a part of me actually likes him because I love the fact he is a successfully annoying character.

Texansfan05
1st place ROTS
2nd place AOTC
3rd place TPM

I still like them all.

Lazerlike42
I stand corrected on the point of the cloak, I'll watch for it next time I see it lol....

I agree pretty much completely on Jar Jar.

astrofan428
I think Yoda simply believes he cant win, he took a beating in that fight. The lightning literally knocked him out for a moment, and the numerous things he was slammed against.

Lazerlike42
At the very end right before he loses his balance he collects all Palpatine's energy and throws it back at him. I really believe if Yoda hadn't fallen because of the kickback that he was about to defeat Palpatine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.