Did anyone notice this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ken Kenobi
During the opening space battle if you look closely at Anakin's starfighter. The Galactic Republic symbol on his ship only has 6 prongs, like the Imperial symbol.

Obi-Wan's had the 8 prong, which is how it is supposed to look. Do you think it was a mistake, or something the film makers threw in their as a little visual easter egg? A foreshadowing of events to come.

Soda
why did those craft look like tie-fighters?

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Soda
why did those craft look like tie-fighters?

They are the predecessors to the TIE's.

Lazerlike42
I didn't see anything... where is it located on the ship and I will look my next viewing.

Ken Kenobi
It's located on the right wing.

When viewing the movie the logo is seen on the left side of the screen.

DCLXVI
Hmm, I just checked, and if you look close enough, you can see this in the VD as well....

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by DCLXVI
Hmm, I just checked, and if you look close enough, you can see this in the VD as well....

See?! It's awesome I think.

Hegemon875
I think I read in some EU comic that vader designed the TIE's is that true?

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by Hegemon875
I think I read in some EU comic that vader designed the TIE's is that true?

lol not anymore!

Hegemon875
exactly what I was thinking.

DCLXVI
I don't think it ever said Vader designed the TIEs....confused

Ken> It is cool.

astrofan428
I think Vader merely designed his tie fighter, just as how his starfighter always looked different.

Darth Plagueis
I have both of the jedi starfighter toys and on Anakins AND Obi Wans are the 6-pronged symbols, but I didn't notice it until Ken pointed it out!!

DCLXVI
Oh, wait, I understand now....
EU material has always stated that Vader designed his TIE Advanced x/1 Fighter, (seen in ANH)....I thought that Hegemon875 meant the normal TIEs....

Ewoksaredumb
I saw it...def an "Imperial" insignia...

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Ewoksaredumb
I saw it...def an "Imperial" insignia...

It's not the Imperial per say, the outer circle of the insignia is still the Galactic Republic outer circle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.