What is the ideal age to begin Jedi training?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Asajj's Finger
Yoda felt that Anakin was too old at age 10 to begin the training. The Jedi Younglings looked to be about 5 or 6.

Darth_Janus
Well, I'd say as young as just over a year or two, since lightsaber training as depicted in AOTC doesn't start until after Jedi learn the basics of Force kinesis.

((The_Anomaly))
I believe that jedi take children at the age of about a year, sometimes even 6 months old...

green dude
I think 5 when they still belive they think outside the box and will belive anything so it would be able for them to obsorb knoledge and would be eaiser for them to learn i fyou ask me and it makes sence check movie II and what ever one Luke is in for his training

green dude
Yonger the better like four or 5 10-11-12 max

If you watched ROTJ (return of the Jedi) then you would see that when Yoda was training Luke he told him to pull the x-wing out of the swam Luke:"i'll try Yoda really inoyed "no try eitheir you can or can't and he pulls x-wing out of swam.

Luke failed in beliveing in that you can do anything if you know you can do it or you do it can if you belive you can.

And thats another thing why Yoda didn't want to train Luke he was to old when your young you have open mind and belive in what your told to so thats why younglings were trained so young but Luke was old and had lost all his child likeness so it was harder for him to learn he lost trust and hope of what a little/kid have so thats why.

Plus he thought luke would be like Ani has fear and gets to attached to things he tests him he tries to make him discourage and angry to see if he will be the same. But Luke shows detemination ,will but no fear
in the end Yoda agrees to train him Lukes says he's not afraid Yoda: says you will be you will be and hopes he will if he fears dark than he will not join like his dad.

b-dan
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Well, I'd say as young as just over a year or two, since lightsaber training as depicted in AOTC doesn't start until after Jedi learn the basics of Force kinesis. i agree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.