My views on Star Wars changed forever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hegemon875
I've always been interested in Star Wars but not really a huge fan. After seeing EP III I am a huge fan and plan to get into the extended universe. This movie is by far the most emotionally powerful star wars installment and for me at least any movie in general. I can never see EP IV-VI the same way again. The tragedy is really overwhelming and I have to admit I got a little teary-eyed. So just wanted say all you semi-hardcore to hardcore fans out there you have a new member.

DeVi| D0do
The EU ruins everything.

astrofan428
Welcome friend.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
The EU ruins everything.

I sure hope not.

Texansfan05
You've joined the dark side thumb up

mephistodesigns
not all of it. you just have to pick and choose. some of it is TOTAL crap, but some is really good and interesting.

Red Superfly
*slap*

What took you so long?

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
not all of it. you just have to pick and choose. some of it is TOTAL crap, but some is really good and interesting. that's true.

astrofan428
Originally posted by Hegemon875
I sure hope not.

Not usually, but there is some crazy stuff. Like the fact that there are like a million Palpatine clones. sick

mephistodesigns
yeah, when that first came out I was like "cool" (I was in middle school I believe). Now....yeah its crap.

Ken Kenobi
Welcome to the Dark Side Hegemon. Sure took you long enough.

Also, I say that most of the EU is pretty good. But don't think of it on terms that it is part of the movies. Only some of it has relevance to the true Star Wars.

Lazerlike42
Palpatine is DEAD. Lol I hate the whole clone thing.... that's just as bad as the people that just have to have Captain Kirk survive just because he's classic and will come up with any ridiculous story to make it so. Palpatine is DEAD mad

Hegemon875
Originally posted by astrofan428
Not usually, but there is some crazy stuff. Like the fact that there are like a million Palpatine clones. sick

whaaa What the f**k? so did they like kill each other trying to take over the universe? laughing

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
Palpatine is DEAD. Lol I hate the whole clone thing.... that's just as bad as the people that just have to have Captain Kirk survive just because he's classic and will come up with any ridiculous story to make it so. Palpatine is DEAD mad

He's dead? you guys have to fill me in.

star22
Welcome to the fandom.
Start with Timothy Zhan's stuff. Also, try X-Wing books. Avoid the New Jedi Order. It ruined everything.

Lazerlike42
whaaa What the f**k? so did they like kill each other trying to take over the universe? laughing

From what I understand the principle is that Palpatine can never die because every time he is about to die (a la falling down the shaft in ROTJ) he transfers his conciousness to some clone somewhere. doh

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
From what I understand the principle is that Palpatine can never die because every time he is about to die (a la falling down the shaft in ROTJ) he transfers his conciousness to some clone somewhere. doh
wow so I guess he can live forever.

Lazerlike42
Idk I guess in some EU book somewhere he finally dies for good somehow lol

DarkYoda
Yeah... I didn't think it was possible, but it has seriously changed my view of the Old Trilogy. It seems much more dark and sad to me now.

Lazerlike42
Also the way Vader acts in some of the OT that seemed out of place seems perfect now

Hegemon875
OT?

astrofan428
OT?

Man you are new. big grin

Original Trilogy

jainasolo55
WOOT! STAR WARS KICKS SUN! big grin I can never watch star wars the same way again either after seening EP III now everytime i see vader on the screen i just picture anakin. I was really amazed at how EPIII tied everything together i didnt think it would be able to connect everthing with the original trilogy and it did. so all u have to do is wait a few years until ANH happens smile

Hegemon875
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Yeah... I didn't think it was possible, but it has seriously changed my view of the Old Trilogy. It seems much more dark and sad to me now.

Yeah, it used to be pretty clear cut good v evil but now its full of grays. A vast imrpovment if you ask me.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by astrofan428
Man you are new. big grin

Original Trilogy

lol hey I said it myself, thx.

astrofan428
I guess you can figure out what PT stands for now.

Hegemon875
post trilogy? iono oh wait pre trilgoy

astrofan428
Prequel

Red Superfly
Pants Trilogy.

Oooh burn!

Hegemon875
I was kinda disappointed by the Jedi assassinations. by the descriptions in the OT(im learning cool ) I always thought vader himself killed the jedi one by one but I guess he's not that powerful *sigh*

Lazerlike42
Well he killed quite a few at the temple, they just chose not to show us this unfortunately

koolruningz
Now that would be a good scene for the dvd. Seeing Vader in full flight laying waste to the Jedi's in the temple. I liked that cut scene in the game where he pulls the library woman (cant remember her name) onto his lightsaber. evil face

ApolloX
The movie was awesome!

Lana
Welcome to the dark side.

However, I'd suggest rewatching all of the movies before touching the EU, and be warned -- a lot of EU is crap. And also remember that EU for the most part has no relevance to the movies yes

But hey, it's never too late to become a SW fan big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.