Killzone 2!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason420
This is the HALO KILLER the graphics are amazing and just looks all around good

dark1365
How is it a Halo killer? Nothing about Halo 3 visually or specific in-game info has been released to the public, so don't bother trying to tell everyone that Killzone 2's better than Halo 3. It's a next generation consle game too, so it would be foolish to compare it to the old generation Halo 2.

JToTheP
Not everybody is obsessed with Halo buddy.

dark1365
Originally posted by JToTheP
Not everybody is obsessed with Halo buddy.
Obviously. Was I implying that or something?

Smasandian
How could you say its the Halo Killer.

First, the trailer is prerendered, so the gameplay will probalby not look exactly likt that.
Second, just because is good, wont make it fun to play. Killzone played like shit and had good graphics.
Third, Dark1365 is right, there is no news about Halo 3 and you cant compare a next gen game to XBOX.
Fourth, Halo isnt even that good, so who cares if it better than it. You should say, its the Half Life killer. Hahaha.

DanZeke25
^^ no... in e3 lasgt night they talked to some guy who made it.. i forget who he was.. and they asked him if it was prerendered... he said some was and some wasn't, then they showed a little bit of it.. and the gorl asked "So.. will i be playing "THIS" in my house when i get this game." HE saids yes cbecause that part wasnt prerendered.

Smasandian
Ok. but Ill believe it when I see it.

hotsauce6548
The trailer seemed a bit pre-rendered to me. Anyway, just like Smasandian said, the first Killzone looked good as well, but it was a horrible game. sick

IcePunk
w00t? Guess it's bump time

general-pain
Its pre-rendered.

Superboy Prime
If it was such a Halo killer how come none of it appeared in this year's E3?

Right.

It's good to dream.

PS - If it does turn out to be a lot better than Halo 3 I will be the first in line to get it.

H. S. 6
Anybody notice how Killzone 2 was suspiciously absent from E3?

Jedi Shmedi
As was Resident Evil 5 sad Two of the games I was most looking forward to.

Marcellus
Killzone one was flawed, but had an awsome atmosphere, hopefully this one improves upon it

DarkC
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Anybody notice how Killzone 2 was suspiciously absent from E3?
Very interesting indeed.

@st
This should surprise absolutely nobody.....

Killzone 2 delayed till 2009 http://ps3.ign.com/articles/871/871834p1.html

ragesRemorse
I liked the first Killzone. I thought it had more style and more organic characters than Halo. I also thought the action was more visceral and i also thought the controls performed well, but alas, i am one alone in thinking this. As for Killzone 2. I would like to play it, but i do not have a PS3 and this game, in no way would convince me to pay for one. That, and i do not believe Sony when they said the trailer is all in game gameplay. I doubt this game, like the original, will be anything other than a moderate success.

Blax_Hydralisk
hm...

I thought Killzone 1 sucked. mmm

High Priest
Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!

Blax_Hydralisk
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/facepalm.jpg

High Priest
Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!Xbox 360 sucks !!!!!!!!!!

EvilTyrant
I just saw a new trailer today, it looks damn amazing!!! Dear Sony, take all the time you need to make quality products, Do not rush out trash.

jaden101
Originally posted by EvilTyrant
I just saw a new trailer today, it looks damn amazing!!! Dear Sony, take all the time you need to make quality products, Do not rush out trash.

something tells me they're not listening

S_D_J
Originally posted by jaden101
something tells me they're not listening

May I ask why?

Menetnashté
Originally posted by S_D_J
May I ask why?
Killzone 1 says it all doesn't it?

S_D_J

Menetnashté
Originally posted by S_D_J
I guess... but it'll sure be the longest dump they ever take... If it turns out to be crap, I mean...
I refuse to believe they can make a good game unless they got a completely different group taking on the project. The first one had horrid gameplay, they had the right idea but they failed to make it work, the only aspect of the game I found good was the story, which was decent.

S_D_J

id369
Damn so close yet so far away. First Day buy.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by High Priest

http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/?p=522 much?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by High Priest

You suck!

jinXed by JaNx
I can't wait for PS4 to come out so i can play Killzone 2. This game is never releasing.

id369
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I can't wait for PS4 to come out so i can play Killzone 2. This game is never releasing.

Its coming out next month on the 27 for the US confused

Nemesis X
I'd wait to buy Killzone 2 but first I'm buying Godfather 2. You wouldn't want to make the family unhappy now would you?

EvilTyrant
Godfather 2??? For some reason I don't trust video games based off movies, I got fooled by the spider-man games back in the day. Killzone 2 getting some very good scores, alot of 10/10s. Cant go wrong with it, unless its not your cup of tea.

Zack Fair
TIFNMva56Wo

S_D_J
OK

IGN says it's good... as in 9.4 outstanding-good

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/949/949161p1.html

wonder what GameSpot has to say

ThunderGodEneru
Hm.

Looks good, but not good enough to get a PS3 for.

Kazenji
Originally posted by EvilTyrant
Godfather 2??? For some reason I don't trust video games based off movies, I got fooled by the spider-man games back in the day. .

erm Have'nt played many video games based off movies have we ?

Nemesis X
My eyes burned. On X-Play yesterday, some guy was playing Killzone 2 and Blair Herder interrupted by placing a Wii logo over the game.

Zack Fair
ZWMNMdRulwY

droolio

Zack Fair
biscuits

roc27ujMycs

ThunderGodEneru
Wow.

This game looks excellent.

When I eventually force myself to get a PS3, I definately shall get this.

Zack Fair
I DLed the demo and I must say it looks amazing, and the gameplay is incredibly fun. Now I can't wait.

EvilTyrant
I heard the real game looks way better then the demo

Raoul
Originally posted by Zack Fair
biscuits

roc27ujMycs

very nice.

Mairuzu
Bought this game, its ****ing amazing, so many good reviews also.

personally i give it a 9/10

would have gotten a 10 if it had multiplayer but the online is so great that i dont even give a shit

Smasandian
You mean splitscreen right?

Zack Fair
Probably

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Smasandian
You mean splitscreen right? sorry, yes.

Zack Fair
Got it and I must say this is the most beautiful game I've seen this generation(except Crysis and its inhuman specs) Fun to play to boot.

This year belongs to Sony.

EvilTyrant
This game is 10/10, best shooter I've played, I hate seeing ppl trying to find faults in it like the youtube videos about the controls, where they flick the stick, lol.

BackFire
Got this game for Christmas and just beat it last night.

Overall I thought it was very strong. Graphics obviously are absolutely amazing. But the best part is that they were used to actually create an incredible and believable world. It's one of the few FPS games I've played that really nailed the feeling of all out war. The large scale battles in this game are extremely intense, and there's so much going on at once. Really immersive.

Also, the gun models were great and satisfying to shoot. This is something that I think a lot of shooters just don't get. They have decent gameplay but shooting a weapon should feel powerful, with kick. And they should look good, since you're going to be looking at them for the entire game. I loved the default ISA assault rifle. Every good shooter needs to have at least one solid assault rifle, and this had maybe the best looking and most satisfying one.

Story wasn't too bad, either. Lot of generic grunt dialogue, but that's expected.

The only real negative I feel was the final battle. Was annoying and too long. Too much trial and error. Also the controls took some getting used to.

Zack Fair
I agree with everything you say man. Have you tried the multiplayer? It is pretty cool. Instead of just playing team slayer or an objective based game per match it alternates different playlists. It is fun because it keeps the player on his toes and ever active for whatever next he requires to win the game. Switching from Team Slayer to Flag to territory etc.

BackFire
No I haven't yet. I'm going through Uncharted 1 right now, I'll probably try Killzone's MP after that. I hear it's really good.

S_D_J
Beats MW2 in every aspect, IMO

BackFire
Just tried out the multiplayer. Really enjoyed it. Love how they kinda merge several different game types into a single match.

Morridini
Just beat this game, I felt the controsl were really clunky at start, but that's probably because I've enver played an FPS on a Playstation before. Story and graphics were great, but I did hate the frequen mini-loadings in the middle of a level. Also at times the team-mates displayed some of the most annoying and worst AI I have ever seen (like standing like a moron in a doorway doing nothing when I am trying to get past into cover, resulting in me dying), while at other times they displayed some of the best AI I've seen, I could actualy rely on these people killing enemies and distracting them!

Also, it took me 5 hours and 29 minutes to complete the game, yet at the same time it felt a lot longer then MW2's campaign which took me about 7 hours, guess Killzone's great atmosphere and story made everything simply feel more.

Smasandian
It took you 7 hours to beat MW2?

Morridini
I think so, I went straight for the highest dificulty setting (Veteran?) so certain missions took a bit longer then one would think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.