Killed by the Clone Troopers.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
did i miss something here or what? why didnt the jedi sense the danger when the clone troopers were issued directive 66?

astrofan428
Their ability to use the force had diminished, only Yoda was still so connected to feel it.

My excuse anyway.

Lana
Plus they were all in battle when it happened and probably were distracted.

Darth Plagueis
Yoda did...but it happened pretty damn quick, and in the middle of what were already warzones...

astrofan428
True, they where sensing danger already.

ShadowKing
"...the shroud of the Dark Side is fallen...hard to see the future is..."

AOTC

ShadowKing
"...our ability to see the future is diminished..."

Lazerlike42
Probably they were all too busy concentrating on their battles. Yoda was not doing this, and additionally he was already aware of what had happened because he felt the other deaths. The clone troopers did not attempt to kill Yoda until slightly after the clone troopers had killed everyone else (it seems), so he had this chance. Further, he is just an incredible Jedi, far superior to the rest.

Rogue Jedi
i was hoping to see kit fisto and plo koon go out with sabers blazing. fisto fought for like 3 seconds, and plo koon was shot down.

Lana
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
Probably they were all too busy concentrating on their battles. Yoda was not doing this, and additionally he was already aware of what had happened because he felt the other deaths. The clone troopers did not attempt to kill Yoda until slightly after the clone troopers had killed everyone else (it seems), so he had this chance. Further, he is just an incredible Jedi, far superior to the rest.

Exactly what I said, except elaborated yes Yoda wasn't in battle then, all the other Jedi were.

Gladiuus
Explained in the novelization. The clones act without malice, and so thier intent is not detetected by the Jedi.

smoker4
Originally posted by Gladiuus
Explained in the novelization. The clones act without malice, and so thier intent is not detetected by the Jedi.

yes

Crusher
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i was hoping to see kit fisto and plo koon go out with sabers blazing. fisto fought for like 3 seconds, and plo koon was shot down.

I cant believe how FAST PIG Sidious took them out!! eek! eek!

Un-Believeable!!

eleveninches
If their loyalty is without question, who is that loyalty to? Is it to the republic or to palpy?

Ushgarak
I think it is also important to recognise concept here. Yoda basically survives because he has a non-Clone army with him as well; all the Jedi who are only with Clones die except Obi-Wan (in theory).

They can't exactly spend five minutes exploring this in detail on film so that montage did it all. But Ki-Adi sensed something up, so we can assume others did too.

As for sensing it before it happened- well, as we know, stuff Sidious does seems to be future-sense proof.

queeq
The Dark Side clouds everything.

bilb
Boy that one line just covers up all kinds of problems doesnt it?? stick out tongue

snehin
Originally posted by Ushgarak

As for sensing it before it happened- well, as we know, stuff Sidious does seems to be future-sense proof.

could be tht or they sensed bigger trouble cmin their way after all all of em exept Yoda were in battle and Yoda did sense their revolt my question is if yoda is alive wont sidius hav seen tht cmin after all he did sense anakin in trouble and isnt it safer fr luke to be protected by yoda instead of bein sent to his family??

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by snehin
could be tht or they sensed bigger trouble cmin their way after all all of em exept Yoda were in battle and Yoda did sense their revolt my question is if yoda is alive wont sidius hav seen tht cmin after all he did sense anakin in trouble and isnt it safer fr luke to be protected by yoda instead of bein sent to his family??

As we see in ROTJ, the emperor's WAY overconfident in his "forseeing" things. It's mostly bogus actually. lol like the part where Vader says, "my son is there" and the Emperor says "I don't think so are you sure?" and Vader says "yeah" so Palpatine basically says, "oh yeah, yeah.... um... yeah I forsaw that yeah he'll show up soon... I.... forsaw it...."

Basically, if he was so good at foreseeing everything, why didn't he see his embarassing defeat coming? He is just arrogant and overconfident. He wouldn't have sensed Luke on some random out of the way planet. Furthermore, it'd be much more likely he'd sense Yoda, a conciousness he knew, and that would put Luke at more risk.

Rogue Jedi
it looked like they all sensed it, or most of them, but it was too late. ayala secura barely managed to draw her saber before she was cut down. plo koon didnt know what hit him until it was too late.

shadow225588
Hahaha kinda like how he said that the Anakin would kill him. The aprentice always kills the master hahaha. I forget how it went but i really liked the line.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I think it is also important to recognise concept here. Yoda basically survives because he has a non-Clone army with him as well; all the Jedi who are only with Clones die except Obi-Wan (in theory).

They can't exactly spend five minutes exploring this in detail on film so that montage did it all. But Ki-Adi sensed something up, so we can assume others did too.

a non clone army? then who were those guys in the white armor?

MJT127
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
a non clone army? then who were those guys in the white armor?

I beleive he's talking about the wookies.

Rogue Jedi
i know, but the guys who tried to kill yoda were clone troopers, were they not?

RogueGambitdare
since the darkside was so strong their senses were clouded

Rogue Jedi
this is what i am saying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.