Did The Legnth Of Obiwan Vs Gievous Lightsaber Battle Too Short?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eddy Urquia
I waited three years or more for the four armed lightsaber action brought to us by general grievous was TOo SHORT for such a long wait. It was grafically incredible and non believable, but it was short!! Too short for too much time. Also, the cartoon network battles of Greivous were over glorified having him climbing walls and battling multiple Jedi. the movie action was short. But sweet!

ArthasKnight
Yes much too short. I was majorly disappointed by Grievous's role in general.

tlbauerle
Gosh...I didn't know about the four arms for three years. Wasn't that leaked under two years ago??

Eddy Urquia
Originally posted by tlbauerle
Gosh...I didn't know about the four arms for three years. Wasn't that leaked under two years ago??
Yeah, was it two years and a half ago, or was it 236578 minutes ago. U are a retared contributor to this forum. Sorry pal. Three yrs, two yrs, its all the same papito rico!!! It was short, and not satifying. Grievous sucked actually. U like that one. Grevois was a sucky character after all, this 3, 2 1 yrs in the making . wat a piece of shit. Lucas always messes something up!!

Ben-Kenobi
We can all hope that GL Will edit ROTS for the dvd and put in all of the good parts he cut.

SithKiller
what i expected from comics and even novel!

GCG
Originally posted by Eddy Urquia
Yeah, was it two years and a half ago, or was it 236578 minutes ago. U are a retared contributor to this forum. Sorry pal. Three yrs, two yrs, its all the same papito rico!!! It was short, and not satifying. Grievous sucked actually. U like that one. Grevois was a sucky character after all, this 3, 2 1 yrs in the making . wat a piece of shit. Lucas always messes something up!!

http://img273.echo.cx/img273/6186/ca6745wt2av.png

Lord S
IMO, it wasn't short enough. I couldn't stand Grievous...what a forgettable character. thumb down

I would have preferred to see more of Count Dooku.

Eddy Urquia
Originally posted by GCG
http://img273.echo.cx/img273/6186/ca6745wt2av.png

Sorry about grammer , but as for manners i feel good.lol about treating you badly. I hope I make you feel insignificant!

SithKiller
ouch...LMAO!!!!lol

Myth
Grievous sucked anyways. His comments were corny. A bad guy like him shouldn't have stupid comments.

Darth_Nefarus
I liked Grievous, and I liked their fight, but I feel we should have at least seen him kill some other Jedi to make the way Obi-Wan smokes him look better.
Although he did take it to Obi-Wan quite well.

Crusher
I was hoping Grievous would of been a soul surviver, and not be trashed by Ob1.

I also NOTICED!!... That the TIPS of every saber in this , looked like actual SWORDS!!! eek!

HateWork
grevious was a one note character with a stupid voice. i was glad to see him go, though the duel was kinda cool.

like stated above, it needed more dooku without a doubt. between the trailers, the webdoc, the trivial pursuit game, almost the entire dooku fight was already out.

The Last Son
Dooku sucks. He is an old man who has to be digitally enhanced because he can't move like that. Grevious was awesome using four lightsabers and in the clone wars, his feet. That is wicked and we should have seen more of him and a better duel with obi-wan.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Eddy Urquia
Sorry about grammer , but as for manners i feel good.lol about treating you badly. I hope I make you feel insignificant!

Please be quiet, Eddy. This is what I was talking about.

Carry on...

Of course he had to be digitized, Last Son! He's OLD! In his 70's! You try doing backflips at 70 and see how YOU feel! stick out tongue

StinkFist462
and Greivious isnt digitalized at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

NoFate007
When you think about it Grievous and Kashyyyk were two basically pointless parts. They could have made Grievous die in the beginning or something, and then they would have had more time to throw in Qui-Gon's scene or more with Anakin.

Captain REX
Nope, Grievous is an actor in a very high-tech costume...? stick out tongue

The Last Son
Of course he's digitalized. Thats not the point. Someone was saying Dooku was better. He was not. Remember, this is fantasy not reality. I think some of you guys confuse the two. I wanted to see something I have never seen before. Old guy one lightsaber. It's been done. Half Droid half alien with multiple lightsabers. Thats new.

Captain REX
Ah, very true.

But hey, we've already seen half droid folks... stick out tongue

Darth MoonPIE
GG is overrated. sad

Im glad he got manhandled by the 2nd greatest jedi ever.

EHmasterJedi
I thought all the lightsaber duels were to short, with the exception of the last two i supose.

Master Mawi
Grievous sucked compared to the clone wars cartoon series.
He looked liked an amateur in the movie.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Lord S
IMO, it wasn't short enough. I couldn't stand Grievous...what a forgettable character. thumb down

I would have preferred to see more of Count Dooku.

I agree with this guy. Dooku was such a kick ass character. He had some witty sarcastic remarks on him that made him cool. And his lightsaber? Dude. Grievous was an Overly Asthmatic Cybernetic Alien who should have just died when he first got chopped up.

meets of evil
yeah why the **** DID he have that "lung" problem.

koolruningz
Mace force crushed his chest in the last episode of the Clone Wars cartoon set just before the start of the movie.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Crusher
I was hoping Grievous would of been a soul surviver, and not be trashed by Ob1.

I also NOTICED!!... That the TIPS of every saber in this , looked like actual SWORDS!!! eek!

Yea, i kinda thought it looked cool, the sabers being like that...

meets of evil
ah damn i completely forgot about the clone wars. great series

chilled monkey
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Yea, i kinda thought it looked cool, the sabers being like that...

That is interesting, yes. It does look pretty cool.

ShadowKing
Unfortunately, the Clone Wars cartoon series II spoiled me for Grievous to be this kick-a$$ bad guy who could take on four - five Jedi at once without a problem. Also, in the cartoon, his dialogue was short and made sense. He was going to kill Jedi...period. There is no reason why, in the opening scene, he didn't take it to Obi and Anakin and then escape through the observation panel. On Utapau, he could have taken on Obi and a squadron of Clone troops before escaping...that would have been sweet.

Darth Travizzle
Ya, they should've made a longer lightsaber battle betwen them. And Grievous should not have gotten his arms cut off so easily. Obi-Wan isn't that good. He's good, but not that good.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by LordSorgo
I agree with this guy. Dooku was such a kick ass character. He had some witty sarcastic remarks on him that made him cool. And his lightsaber? Dude. Grievous was an Overly Asthmatic Cybernetic Alien who should have just died when he first got chopped up.
He was always coughing because in the star wars cartoon on cartoon network, Mace Windu had crushed his robotic chest, or like part of it anyways.

master luminara
have you seen GG lightsaber in movie he has anakin and a Obi 1 lightsaber? yes

ickeris2003
I dont know why everyone is complaining about. The only reason the fight seen was to short is because he had is chest crushed by mace and couldnt breathe well anymore. You cant fight good and breathe well at the same time. I thought the fight sceen was great and GG got his screen time well deserved.

Ogami Itto
Clone Wars Is EU!!!!

The Last Son
Originally posted by ickeris2003
I dont know why everyone is complaining about. The only reason the fight seen was to short is because he had is chest crushed by mace and couldnt breathe well anymore. You cant fight good and breathe well at the same time. I thought the fight sceen was great and GG got his screen time well deserved.

That is a good point. I still would have liked to see Grevious on his A game in live action. He is/was kick ass.

Darth_Rankkor
Since you talk about clone wars ...... GG was a good character in there. In the movie he shows up like a little coward rat (something that he isn't in the cartoon). And Dooku DOES RULES. He has classic fencing style. Of course if you prefer brutes waving "trees" in the air, you would prefer anakin or luke (like father like son).

matreid
I was expecting Obi Wan to really struggle against Grevious. Obi didnt have much of a hard time at all.... sad

RayIsGay
Grevious coulda been soo much cooler if he killed a couple jedi, maybe some clones, and if he would have been on Kashyyyk fighting in the battle, then yoda and Obi Wan could have takin him on, that would have been sweet!

Dresta
maybe GG was weakened after Mace crushed his chest and it also probobly made him more fearful because someone had permanantly damaged him.

Swanky-Tuna
He probably should of just stolen new lungs.

Darth_Rankkor
hahahah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.