Should Lucas allow for other directors to create single episode Star Wars movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eddy Urquia
I know he said he would close the door behind him concerning Star Wars, but I was wondering if he could consider allowing other directors such as Spielberg to take a shot at producing single stand alone SW movies that would not have his charactersin it, but where writers could create one episode FULL Feature Length movies about SW universe but with all new characters and new issues. i like that idea because it would permit directors to expand on Lucas's SW universe which he has established and permit new artist to contribute to expanding his saga. it would be neat to see a SW movie from a new perspective. Please note: these single full length SW movies from other directors would need to be single ep, in other words not be in parts or sequels but rather these movies would have to end as single ep stories. Neat huh? any ideas on this?

Lord S
From what I remember of Empire of Dreams, Lucas had pulled out of the 'Directors Guild' back in the late 70's...and was not allowed to hire Spielberg for ROTJ.

Whether he's back in it or not, (if it still exists), is unknown to me.

vader519
The directors guild still exist, and Lucas is still out of it.

Lazerlike42
no he should not

toolguy1515
Absolutely not. Although someone else might be able to find some better actors and write some better lines, the series would be forever tainted.

Jedi Priestess
roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
I think he should stop altogether making SW movies. If it takes another two bad movies to make one good one, I don't think I can survive. wink

Crusher
I think he ought to do like Disney, and hire his or a production to make MORE, and all kinds of other features and things. smile

queeq
No no no.... even that tv-series thing, it's so degrading the franchise. SW is not Star Trek, peeps.

Darth_Nefarus
I think if he gave a bunch of fans some ideas, and the fans funded it, it would be worth a shot, then we'd have no one to blame but ourselves.
screw it, we'd blame the flanneled freak of a geek anyways

queeq
INDEED!

But please, SW is done. Let us enjoy these four great films for ever.

Eddy Urquia
Originally posted by queeq
INDEED!

But please, SW is done. Let us enjoy these four great films for ever.
WE KNOW STAR WARS IS OVER!! BUT SHOULD HE ALLOW FOR SINGLE TWO AND A HALF OUR MOVIES THAT WOULD HAVE SOLID ENDINGS NOT DRAG ON IN SEQUELS TO PREQUELS AND NEW CHARACTERS THAT DO NOT CONNECT HIS SERIES.

Eddy Urquia
FOR EXAMPLE, STAR WARS " THE DARK HORIZONS" (FICTICIOUS NAME) STARTS FRIDAY DIRECTED BY --------------! THIS MOVIE WOULD START AND END IN TWO HOURS. A SINGLE STAND ALONE EPISODE.

queeq
No need to shout.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.