Kashyyyk, good or bad?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jango_Fett_A
I havn't seen the movie yet, my local theater is solld out for a while as are all the theaters in my area. I'm just wondering, how was the battle of Kashyyyk?
a) How long is it? (approx.)
b) do you get to see any clone walkers or tanks?
c) Does Yoda fight?
d) Was it actually a battle or just... (look at the next two sentances)

From what i know, there isn't even a battle of Kashyyyk, just the Corperate Alliance droids advancing up the bach and it's over. Am i wrong (I hope so, i was looking forward to the battle of Kashyyyk

Thanks-
~Jango

Lazerlike42
nah it's pretty much what you said....

Idk how long it is, but Yoda doesn't fight and you get to see those things yes

SixOfTwelve
a) About one or two minutes, tops. At least it felt like it - have to watch it again to make sure...
b) Yes. Can't remember if during the battle, but definitely in the aftermath (cool night shot there).
c) Yes, briefly. Very briefly. But not battle-related but Order 66-related.
d) Pretty much like you said. IMHO, the whole thing was a bit unneccessary.

ickeris2003
I thought it could have been longer. I love the wookies a lot. big grin

bilb
Totally pointless.. the whole Kashyyk thing. Was nothing more than a way to get Yoda off Coruscnt while making some fanboys happy by showing Chewie.. It does ABSOLUTELY nothing to further the plot or expand any characters..

torcus
short

sneeky_ninja
there was a lot of stuff that should have been longer but was cut for some damn reason. mon mothma mas no where in the film, battles were shortened by a big amount. and so much other random crap that a lot of people were looking forward to seeing in the movie and then are dissapointed cause it was cut from the movie. over all though the movie kicked ass.

starkilla
not what i expected after seeing it in KOTOR

DarkYoda
Did we see any wookiees pull arms out of sockets like was said in A New Hope by Han Solo? I don't remember. I will be studying that scene many times during repeat viewings.

WindDancer
I was excited to see Chewie again! big grin

But the whole Yoda and Chewie friendship didn't sell me. It just didn't work for me.

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Did we see any wookiees pull arms out of sockets like was said in A New Hope by Han Solo?

I thought Wookiees only do that when they lose. wink

wozzy_the_dark
waaay to short, might have done the film good to have a scene similar to geonosis, but from what we see it was pretty spectacular

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by bilb
Totally pointless.. the whole Kashyyk thing. Was nothing more than a way to get Yoda off Coruscnt while making some fanboys happy by showing Chewie.. It does ABSOLUTELY nothing to further the plot or expand any characters..

word yes

Sans_Fi
I liked how Kashyyk and Grievous was made in some way... ok, both of them are really stupid ways to save ObiWan and Yoda... but how short they where, and how they are done... i liked them... it gives the feel that Separatist arent the real danger in this movie.

jaden101
the best thing about the kashyyyk battle was the wookie doing the tarzan impression

bILLYgOAT
Kashyyk ..........a pointless waste of time & money

stingray005
it was short, but it was awesome......while it lasted.

Sith Master X
Kashyyyk was awesome, even though it was quite short, I enjoyed the parts there.

bILLYgOAT
YODA
"CHEWBACCA I WILL MISS YOU"

wtf was there a wookie-yoda 1on1a'thon happen?

maybe in webdoc 22

Jango_Fett_A
Thanks to everyone who posted, it seems that the Kashyyyk scene isn't going to meet my expectations. I thought it would be longer, i hope that what is shown is good. I think that there should be more of Kashyyyk on the DVD in deleated scenes, that would make up for the missing parts in ROTS cool

Superfly4000
I wish i could re-edit episodes I, II, and III. I loved the fact that Jar Jar didn't talk. What was up with that qiant flower planet, it was weird.

Morning_Glory
dont ask questions just go see it.. why would you want to know any of this stuff.. just wait

bILLYgOAT
it's a pity that Lucas gave Binks more screen time than the wookies
during the PT

ragesRemorse
Kashyyyk? ??? Oh, you mean that five minute scene on that one planet? Kashyyyk was just a minute blurb in the film. which is sad, there could have been alot of emotion and action gained from kashyyyk, but we got about five minutes of screaming wookies, and shit blowin up.

12345qwert
The green clone troopers on Kashyyyk looked cool.

ab2421
From when Yoda ordered the Wookies to start jumping up and down, the action on the planet lasted FORTY SECONDS>>>> I timed it.

Robin Darkside
The battle on the planet Kashyyk did not seen very relevant to the actual storyline. There was a battle with wookies with some new design looking imperial scouts, but what was the really point of that battle? All that is said is that "Oh the wookie world is under attack, we can not afford to lose that system" . There were attacks everywhere, so what was so important. maybe perhaps the book explained more which I have not read. Yoda was sent there which kept him busy, and said goodbye to Chewbacca, Yoda will always remember him. I get the feeling that there was no real point, but only to have wookies in the movie. Any comments?

Bardock42
Hmm personally I like Kashykk although it is nothing like in the EU...very nice anyways

Obi-wan2005
dont even read anything on here your ruining the movie for you!

nazgūl-lord
i thought it was pretty good but waay to short

Spectr4L
I looked at Kashyyyk as being yet another planet that was in the midst of the war. I liked how it gave Yoda some "field time" of his own...I feel it gave his role as a leader more resonance.

I also though it was pretty cool seeing Scout Troopers in action once again. It wasn't all about seeing Chewbacca.

ragesRemorse
having the scene that short did send mixed signals, as to what the hell the relevance of that scene was. Of course it was included for fans, but it would have been better off not even being included for how short it was.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.