Dr. Steven Strange VS....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
http://members.tripod.com/~ttjh/spower.gif
BIO

He is allowed a day of prep, name anyone under skyfather who could single handedly take him out?

I don't think there is one.

Maestro
Thanos

long pig
How?
And Thanos is on par with Skyfathers, but how would be win?

Thanos has NO defense against magic.

Remember now, Steve has the "light of nirvalon", so if you're evil, this will basically drive you insane, by making you feel the pain of everyone you've ever killed.

Worked on Galactus, G' ran off when Strange used it against him.

It's compairable to GR's penance stare.

Cosmic Cube
Maybe Adam Warlock, or possibly the Silver Surfer. Strange is the most powerful magician in the mulltiverse. It's hard to find a match for him that's anything less than a Skyfather in Marvel or DC.

long pig
Strange would easily take SS out, seeing SS' main weakness is magic.
I actually think he's already beaten SS before.

What could Adam Warlock do?

Telepathy is 100% negated by Agamotto.

Wickerman
Easy as pie. Either Margali or Jirmaine using the Soulsword. I mean....Strange gets all the nice goodies and gadgets, all i want for one of those two is the Soulsword. thumb up (if you don't know what it is and does, lemme know and i'll post )

~wickerman~

long pig
What is the soul sword capable of?

Are those two characters immune to telepathy, because strange is the most powerful telepath on earth via Agamotto.

Wickerman
Originally posted by long pig
What is the soul sword capable of?

Are those two characters immune to telepathy, because strange is the most powerful telepath on earth via Agamotto.

thumb up

~wickerman~

whirlysplat
Mordru

http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=mordru

http://members.tripod.com/~ttjh/spower.gif
BIO

He is allowed a day of prep, name anyone under skyfather who could single handedly take him out?

I don't think there is one.

long pig
Being evil makes Mordru vulnerable to the lights, which will either drive him insane or make him a veggie.

whirlysplat
I think if he beats fate, he beats strangebig grin

Cosmic Flame
If he's vulnerable to light, then I doubt he'd be able to stand in the presence of the Eye of Agamotto.

Strange was able to stand up to Warlock using the infinity gems, and that was with momentary preparation. With a day of prep? I think just about anyone will go down hard.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Strange is the most powerful magician in the mulltiverse.

The Multiverse? Oh c'mon. He's EARTH'S Sorcercer Supreme. Not the Multiverse's or even the Universe's Sorcerer Supreme. wink

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
If he's vulnerable to light, then I doubt he'd be able to stand in the presence of the Eye of Agamotto.

Strange was able to stand up to Warlock using the infinity gems, and that was with momentary preparation. With a day of prep? I think just about anyone will go down hard.

Do you even know who Mordru is? I thought not. I suspect you don't know who Steve Ditko is either big grin

Do you who what the helmet of nabu is? big grin now were talking magic big grin

By the way read the new Strange mini its very good big grin

long pig
No, he is the universe's sorcerer supreme.

Helmet of nabu is very powerful, but thats all Fate has, and he barely knows how to do anything without the helmet.
Strange takes him, especially with prep time.

Agamatto>nabu
as are most of the other Gods who back Strange.

Whirley, stop being a dick.
Don't respond to this, just stop.

kgkg

Helmet of nabu is very powerful, but thats all Fate has, and he barely knows how to do anything without the helmet.

Agamatto>nabu

well done long pig smile

i agree with that A++ you pass

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by K Von Doom
The Multiverse? Oh c'mon. He's EARTH'S Sorcercer Supreme. Not the Multiverse's or even the Universe's Sorcerer Supreme. wink

Not according to the Ancient One. He specifically said that Stephen was one of the most powerful warriors in this realm or any other. He is certainly the Sorcerer Supreme of the Universe, and the Multiverse.

kgkg
Not according to the Ancient One. He specifically said that Stephen was one of the most powerful warriors in this realm or any other. He is certainly the Sorcerer Supreme of the Universe, and the Multiverse.
Multiverse , which universes are you talking about? Lol

Who are top 3 CC you know?

Cosmic Cube

Agamatto>nabu

Allow me to add to that list.

Agamotto, Vishanti, Watoomb, Haggoth, Cyttorak, Raggador, Denak, Valtorr, Ragadorr, Munoporr, Krakkan, Ikonn, and Dormammu < Nabu.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
Multiverse , which universes are you talking about? Lol

Who are top 3 CC you know?

Who are the top three magicians?

kgkg
Who are the top three magicians?
yep big grin

long pig
Aren't there an unlimited number of multiverses?

I know for sure he's the universes greatest master of magic.
Agamotto, while looking like a cattipiller smoking a hookah, said he was the greatest magician this universe has ever known.

kgkg
Aren't there an unlimited number of multiverses?

I know for sure he's the universes greatest master of magic.
Agamotto, while looking like a cattipiller smoking a hookah, said he was the greatest magician this universe has ever known.
No there is only one multiverse

multiverse: all universes , realms , dimensions etc.

There is also beyond realm but that's all I know

long pig
top three.

doctor strange

karnilla

clea

Right? wrong?

Loki is in there somewhere too.

-edit- There is only one MULTIverse?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
yep big grin

Probably Strange, Mordo, and Enchantress.

long pig
Baron Mordo
Morgan Le Fey
Dr. Doom(yeah, but....yeah)
Jennifer Kale
Dr. Druid
Dormammu

kgkg
top three.

doctor strange

karnilla

clea

Right? wrong?

Loki is in there somewhere too.

yes , am sure of it

But there are beyond realms smile

Cosmic Cube
Baron Mordo
Morgan Le Fey
Dr. Doom(yeah, but....yeah)
Jennifer Kale
Dr. Druid
Dormammu

Dormammu isn't a magician. He's a powerful demon.

long pig
big grin He's cool though, I try to squeeze him into everything.

Strange w/1day prep VS Loki?

Cosmic Cube
Strange, with ease.

K Von Doom
I'm still going to have to disagree, Dr Strange is only Earth's Sorcerer Supreme. Unless you'd have me believe that in the contest to find THE Sorcerer Supreme, the Vishanti invited only Earth Sorcerers? Where are the magicians from the other parts of the universe?

To find the fastest being in the universe, the Runner invited speedsters from different worlds and species, hence he found the fastest in existence. Protectors of the Universe have come from all planets in the universe, appointed by Eon. But the Vishanti appoint a UNIVERSAL Sorcerer Supreme and the only participants are from Earth?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by K Von Doom
I'm still going to have to disagree, Dr Strange is only Earth's Sorcerer Supreme. Unless you'd have me believe that in the contest to find THE Sorcerer Supreme, the Vishanti invited only Earth Sorcerers? Where are the magicians from the other parts of the universe?

To find the fastest being in the universe, the Runner invited speedsters from different worlds and species, hence he found the fastest in existence. Protectors of the Universe have come from all planets in the universe, appointed by Eon. But the Vishanti appoint a UNIVERSAL Sorcerer Supreme and the only participants are from Earth?

You're right. Pretty stupid. But, he has the title. Maybe the other magicians weren't good enough? confused

long pig
If you go by taglines and Gods, Strange is the universes most powerful magician.

Other beings tried to be like Steve, Urthona did, and failed.

Wickerman
I see nobody's even commented about the soulsword yet sad

~wickerman~

whirlysplat
back in the 60's Ditko art, Strange lost, can't remember it very well but Thor had to save him. however the, "that was then" argument holds here.Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Strange, with ease.

whirlysplat
Well back in the day and we always use full power fate was eqaul to a lord of order with the helmet. Mordru in Legion of Superheroes waged war with the entire United Fed of Planets, including taking all the power from Sorcerers world. Hope that helps. Dread D is more powerful than Strange.Originally posted by long pig

Agamatto>nabu

whirlysplat
I also think the Doctor has greater power

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://pc59te.dte.uma.es/cdb/series/wildstorm/bitmaps/doctor.jpg&imgrefurl=http://pc59te.dte.uma.es/cdb/series/wildstorm/doctor.htm&h=218&w=250&sz=16&tbnid=WU1nbnqHPfUJ:&tbnh=92&tbnw=106&hl=en&start=28&prev=/ images%3Fq%3Dwildstorm%2B%2522The%2BAuthority%2B%2
522%26start%3D20%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26
sa%3DN%26as_qdr%3Dall

whirlysplat
big grinOriginally posted by Cosmic Cube
Probably Strange, Mordo, and Enchantress.

whirlysplat
http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/HERORPG/Kent.html

With Fate its which one you choose! I choose full helmet Fate big grin almost Spectre levelbig grin Nuff Said!

Synchro
Ive already said this before on another thread, Phantom Stranger should be able to beat Strange.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Synchro
Ive already said this before on another thread, Phantom Stranger should be able to beat Strange.

Tony Stark
Don't forget about Doom.

long pig
Originally posted by whirlysplat
back in the 60's Ditko art, Strange lost, can't remember it very well but Thor had to save him. however the, "that was then" argument holds here.

Yeah, I have the re-prints.
A pre-sorcerer supreme strange stalemated Loki for a while, then Loki finally won.

This was Strange before his thousands of years experience, his many artifacts and the power-up of Sorcerer Supreme.
Strange is many times more powerful now.

FieryBalrog

thats the whole point of it being a multiverse, or so i would think.

long pig
I just got thrown off by it being named Multiverse.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I also think the Doctor has greater power

I would agree...hehe...But he's probably above Skyfather when he fully uses his power. In fact, I'd go so far as to take out the 'probably'. He IS above Skyfather. So he wouldn't be allowed in this thread as a possible Sub-Skyfather match for Strange.

Loki would also be a formidable adversary for Earth's Sorceror Supreme. But there's another thread for that...

What about Mephisto?? I'd put him below Skyfather, and he should be able to take Strange. Genis and Surfer would also be good fights, but I don't know exactly where Genis would fit power-wise and most people here seem convinced Strange would beat Surfer.

-DM

stormfront13
talisman from alpha flight probably could, she could absorb magic

long pig
He's faught Mephisto and won, a few times.
Hell, he's dragged Mephisto from his own realm, binded him with the Bands, and talked down to him like a child.

The first time was in Doctor Strange & Doctor Doom: Triumph & Torment GN, 1989, Strange kept Mephisto busy while doom looked for his mother's soul.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.