We Were Lied To On Many Things

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
If you guys have been totally following on spoilers for the last three years, there may have been some things that GL and CO, have stated that would happen and did'nt

2 I can think of:

Rick Macullem stated: that we will find out what Darth Vader's name means.

GL said that the mystery of sifo dyas would be revealed.

Any others you can think of.

The more I think of it, this movie must have gone through some major overhauls.

Darth_Duffy
get over it will you. They had enough to cram into 2 and a half hours as it was!

OB1-adobe
I'm not complaining, I am just remembering some things thats all.

I thought it was great

amity75
Lucas has got a lot of explaining to do on the DVD commentary.

DarkYoda
I think Lucas wanted Vader's name to be mysterious. You don't want to ruin every good topic for debate in Star Wars. Leave some stuff up to the viewers imaginations. In fact, truth be told... there probably is no other reason except that it sounds cool.

ickeris2003
Good point dark yoda beer

yerssot
that'll teach you to believe McCallum stick out tongue

queeq
McCallum is full of it, but GL did promsie us quite a few things, including an explanation the Jedi disappearing act.

yerssot
and he touched upon it stick out tongue

queeq
Only just.

AzOkIdD
Hey OB1-adobe,
do you want to know the mystery about Jedi Master Sifo Dyas... or do you know it???

TheElectricFox
Galliard said we would see a lady jedi fight, and someone would be using two sabers "effectively"

DenKi
it really ****ing pissed me and others off.

they better put all this stuff on the DVD

Old Ben Kenobi
Well...

1) When Palpatine calls him "you now will be named Darth Vader", he did it rigth after talking him about saving his pregnant wife, so i believe it just wasnt needed to reiterate the fact that Vader is a direct relation to Father...

2) Master Sifo Dyas was the Lord Sith known as "The Wise"... Palpatine talks about how his former master was the most powerfull sith ever, he was the one responsible for the pregnancy and birth of Anakin, Palpatine also tells us how he killed him about 10 years ago, and it was rigth then when he started training Darth Maul and Count Dooku the Dark side of the Force.... Bottom line is, Sifo Dyas planned the Galactic Empire with Sidious as his lerner, he went behind the back of the Jedi Council, requested the clone army...

Then Sidious killed him in his sleep, and that is why the jedi knew Master Sifo Dyas was killed 10 years ago...

That is why Palpatine knew all along that Ani was the Chosen one...

Jedi Priestess
Look lets face it, we all agree it should have been a 3 hour movie, but the simple fact of the matter is that it wasnt. B!tching about it wont help trust me. We just have to hope that it all comes out on the DVD.

tlbauerle
I hear you JP...but it really busts my hump to be told some things are going to be in it and then not deliver...

And if GL wants "VADER" to be mysterious...then he shouldn't have chosen the arbitrary route. Lamer.

kremzike
Originally posted by Old Ben Kenobi

2) Master Sifo Dyas was the Lord Sith known as "The Wise"... Palpatine talks about how his former master was the most powerfull sith ever, he was the one responsible for the pregnancy and birth of Anakin, Palpatine also tells us how he killed him about 10 years ago, and it was rigth then when he started training Darth Maul and Count Dooku the Dark side of the Force.... Bottom line is, Sifo Dyas planned the Galactic Empire with Sidious as his lerner, he went behind the back of the Jedi Council, requested the clone army...

Then Sidious killed him in his sleep, and that is why the jedi knew Master Sifo Dyas was killed 10 years ago...

WTF?!?! Where did you pull this out of? I'm not a follower of EU material at all, but the Labyrinth Of Evil book's plot points that directly lead from Episode 2 to Episode 3 were approved by GL, so I take that one book to have canonical facts in it. The explanation of who Sifo Dyas is is there. He was a Jedi, and friend of Count Dooku, but he never left the Jedi order and never joined the Sith. He was not Darth Plagueis The Wise as you claim.

Mist
hes reading too much SS...

Sparks
One thing I remember is that we were supposed to finally find out what the name of Yoda's race is.

mtryder
Sidious and Vader are both adjectives with the "in" taken out of the beginning. Both adjectives aptly describe the people that take them as names, which I don't believe is a coincidence.

Lazerlike42
I tried arguing that and people jumped all over me

theshakl
"every trick in the book will be used"

there was another one.............

mtryder
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
I tried arguing that and people jumped all over me

Seriously? It doesn't exactly leave much room for argument. Simple patterns in the English language that mesh WAY too much to be coincidence. Considering that, in the OT, they were the only Sith, I have little doubt that Lucas used this mechanism to create their names.

Darth Jello
we were also promised an EU character and an unmasked grievous-actually, that may have been cut to prevent an R rating

mtryder
Obi-Wan did mention Quinlan Vos in passing, if that counts. Which is, to say, if you're willing to overlook the fact that he had no screentime and that he technically isn't EU.

Y-chromo kid
Originally posted by yerssot
that'll teach you to believe McCallum stick out tongue

Lies, deceipt, spreading mistrust; those are McCallum's ways.

Bubbapilot
Originally posted by TheElectricFox
Galliard said we would see a lady jedi fight,

Was the kid jedi that attacked the clones while Bail Organa was trying to enter the temple a girl?

Originally posted by TheElectricFox
and someone would be using two sabers "effectively"

Grevous perhaps?

Mist
Originally posted by Darth Jello
we were also promised an EU character and an unmasked grievous-actually, that may have been cut to prevent an R rating

yeah...i was waiting for grievous's face...then no go...and i was like wtf?

but it was cool how obiwan pulled open grievous's chest platesbig grin

the duel would be 12mins long...and the longest fight ever.....

didnt seem like it to me.....

Echuu
Originally posted by Bubbapilot
Was the kid jedi that attacked the clones while Bail Organa was trying to enter the temple a girl?

Looked like a boy to me

Gord
uh, chopping off someones head with dual sabers? not effective at all

yerssot
that was GL's adoptive son blink

GCG
ah yes ; and GL made sure to be there as well. his cameo right outside that theatre where the Aqualish performed as Anakin scurried by .

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by mtryder
Seriously? It doesn't exactly leave much room for argument. Simple patterns in the English language that mesh WAY too much to be coincidence. Considering that, in the OT, they were the only Sith, I have little doubt that Lucas used this mechanism to create their names.

Your theory has two very LARGE holes.

1. Maul. Hmmmm no "in" removed there.

2. Tyranous- Tyrant, so again, no "in" there either.

That means nothing. Its just silly. You know how GL picks Sith (and most bad guy) names? he takes a "mean and scary" word and makes it sound like a name. And sometimes he skips that second part in the case of Grievous.

GCG
There is a latin term VADE RETRO that means to go back. It could mean the Sith go back to power after a long time.....just my nickel

Darth Halo
Hey ob1-adobe vader actually means father in german. you can find that information in entertainment weekly. The one with the movies quiz and yoda on the cover

Delta51VE
Originally posted by Old Ben Kenobi
Well...

1) When Palpatine calls him "you now will be named Darth Vader", he did it rigth after talking him about saving his pregnant wife, so i believe it just wasnt needed to reiterate the fact that Vader is a direct relation to Father...

1. Padme's pregnancy was never discussed between Anakin and Palpatine.

2. Darth Plagius was "The Wise", not Sifo-Dyas. Sifo-Dyas has been revealed to be the name Dooku used to order the clones. There's really nothing else to the story.

Delta51VE
Originally posted by Sparks
One thing I remember is that we were supposed to finally find out what the name of Yoda's race is.

I'm pretty sure that when asked that question, the answer was "no, that will always be an unknown" (or something to that effect)

Delta51VE

No, that was Zett, played by Jett Lucas, George's son.

Delta51VE
We were also told that Leia's ROTJ comments would make sense. To me, they didn't. There's no reason that Leia should have any memory of her mother where Luke wouldn't, especially since Padme touched Luke and not Leia.

ab2421
Originally posted by Mist
yeah...i was waiting for grievous's face...then no go...and i was like wtf?

but it was cool how obiwan pulled open grievous's chest platesbig grin

the duel would be 12mins long...and the longest fight ever.....

didnt seem like it to me.....

Nick Gillard or Hayden may have actually said that it would be twenty minutes......... but definitely I remember Hayden saying it would be the "longest fight ever committed to film" ... As far as we know it may have been before it got to the cutting room floor... But in the film, minus the Yoda/Sidious interruptions, from the time Anakin and Obi-Wan ignited their lightsabers until someone's legs went on spring break, there were 6.5 minutes of fighting.... I timed it surprise

ab2421
What do you think?

Sith Master X
I'm almost positive we heard a while back that there was going to be a scene of Grievous with his mask off.

And as mentioned, the duel was definitely not 12 minutes, but oh well, it was really good nonetheless.

JediStang
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
We just have to hope that it all comes out on the DVD.

Yeah let's all complain about that stick out tongue

But really I would think that Lucas will make it a 3 Disk set. PETITION!!!

bib_fortuna
Originally posted by Darth Halo
Hey ob1-adobe vader actually means father in german. you can find that information in entertainment weekly. The one with the movies quiz and yoda on the cover

but we germans do not pronounce it like they do it the movie ... in Vader, as in Darth, it is a long "A," in german, it is a soft "ah" and the "v" has more of an "f" sound than an actual "v," so if he used germanic roots, it is a little of a stretch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.