Articles of Leak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MarioX
So publicized, the leak of ROTS is on the news everywhere. Are they really cracking down on downloaders? Are they going for the sources? Those on IRC? Bittorrent? Or are they advertising it to scare people into NOT downloading it? With it all over the news, people would know that Lucas and the MPAA know all about it, which would lead them to rethink downloading it. Thoughts?

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=31&art_id=vn20050520091013211C777767

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/nation/11691236.htm

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Film/Star-Wars-pirates-warned/2005/05/20/1116533530279.html

http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment/Abroad/0,,2-1225-1243_1708208,00.html

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by MarioX
So publicized, the leak of ROTS is on the news everywhere. Are they really cracking down on downloaders? Are they going for the sources? Those on IRC? Bittorrent? Or are they advertising it to scare people into NOT downloading it? With it all over the news, people would know that Lucas and the MPAA know all about it, which would lead them to rethink downloading it. Thoughts?

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=31&art_id=vn20050520091013211C777767

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/nation/11691236.htm

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Film/Star-Wars-pirates-warned/2005/05/20/1116533530279.html

http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment/Abroad/0,,2-1225-1243_1708208,00.html

ur links suck ass
only the first & last one can be accessed without registering.

heres a copy of the last link that MARIO couldn't be botherd to paste

"Los Angeles - Hollywood's chief lobbyist warned on Thursday that pirates peddling bootlegged copies of the just-released Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith will be tracked down and caught.

The stern words from Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) president Dan Glickman came as the final instalment of the 28-year-old Star Wars franchise opened on screens in countries across the world.

Even as US cinemas played the film around the clock for the legions of fans who have been anxiously awaiting its release, some file-swapping websites claimed to already have copies of the film.

"Fans have been lined up for days to see Revenge of the Sith," Gilckman said.

"To preserve the quality of movies for fans like these and so many others, we must stop these internet thieves from illegally trading valuable copyrighted materials online.

"My message to illegal file-swappers everywhere is plain and simple: You are stealing, it is wrong and you are not anonymous," said Glickman.

Pirating movies, such as George Lucas's final Star Wars offering, hits the cinema industry hard, costing jobs and thwarting innovation and creativity.

Glickman said that an average movie cost $98m to make and market and that fewer than one in 10 films managed to recoup their investment from ticket sales, while six in 10 never manage to cover their costs.

"If piracy and those who profit from it are allowed to flourish, they will erode an engine of economic growth and job creation; undermine legitimate businesses that strive to unite technology and content in innovative and legal ways and limit quality and consumer choice," Glickan said.
"

bILLYgOAT
btw
let the MPAA have a go

MARIO
u might buy that scare tactic sh!t
but me & the rest of the FREE - WORLD don't.

VIVA BITTORRENT

Fishy
If its true it sucks for the people in the US... I really don't care however let them track me all they want my ISP won't give them information. The Dutch government won't allow it for something like this

vader519
This is why ROTS will not break Titianc's record, and that is very sad.

Lazerlike42
I just can't feel even the slightest bit bad for the MPAA until they start charging less for movies than it costs to have major surgery

DarkYoda
Every single downloader is now an enemy of the industry... do what must be done!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

vader519
Well prices for movies would not be so high if people would not download movies. They havee to make their money some how, so they raise the prices on tickets. I do agree that ticket prices are high, and I don't like either, but it is not going to go down unless people stop downloading movies off the internet.

bILLYgOAT
did any of u watch an illegal web doc
or listen to an unauthorized soundtrack

then by Christ almighty, according to the wanchers/hypocrites above
you had better drop to your knees and confess

BTW
while your at it
open Ur wallets and donate to saint George
he's skint after all laughing out loud

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by vader519
Well prices for movies would not be so high if people would not download movies. They havee to make their money some how, so they raise the prices on tickets. I do agree that ticket prices are high, and I don't like either, but it is not going to go down unless people stop downloading movies off the internet.

You think just the way the industry wants you to. The movie prices were ridiculous BEFORE downloading technology was availible. Do you really think that if everybody stopped dling, the industry would suddenly lower their prices? Heck no! The prices are high because the industry is greedy and it knows there are people that think this way, that will buy the industry line that bootleggers are raising prices.

The industry has high prices because they know they can. Furthermore, they continue to produce films that are 90% garbage because they know they can. If they want to recoup the cost of production, all that is required is to make a movie worth seeing. What would help a lot is to cut down on the internal corruption and make films based on merit, not as favors to people. That, for one, would cut down on the garbage ten fold.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
You think just the way the industry wants you to. The movie prices were ridiculous BEFORE downloading technology was availible. Do you really think that if everybody stopped dling, the industry would suddenly lower their prices? Heck no! The prices are high because the industry is greedy and it knows there are people that think this way, that will buy the industry line that bootleggers are raising prices.

The industry has high prices because they know they can. Furthermore, they continue to produce films that are 90% garbage because they know they can. If they want to recoup the cost of production, all that is required is to make a movie worth seeing. What would help a lot is to cut down on the internal corruption and make films based on merit, not as favors to people. That, for one, would cut down on the garbage ten fold.

ding ding ding ding... we have a winner!! yes yes I'm going to laugh when they are proclaiming the internet piracy as costing them money when ROTS has a record breaking weekend. laughing

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by Lazerlike42

amen

DarkYoda
And the industry (out of greed) is really releasing too many movies in general. People can't afford to go out to see EVERY movie.

SithKiller
My opinion is that simply if a movie is good enough you will pay to go and see it at the theatre anyways.....Nothing like seeing a GOOD movie on the big screen....If I had high speed many movies I would probably preview first...Star Wars noone would have the need its Star Wars.....but really movies in general...i would like the opportunity to see if its worth a $40 trip to the theatre(family and food)...I dont want to be cheated out of my money...and i have been on certain movies....thats why i rarely go to the theatre anymore....so screw u MPAA...and I would like to have a copy of each Star Wars movie on my pc.....wife doesnt like most of them so if I wanted to watch it I could on my pc....whats wrong with that?.....I will believe me I WILL buy the entire set of star wars on DVD.....I already own most of them...but old vhs ones...lol...but I dont have the room for DVD files on my pc...and every time Ive tried to convert to AVI my pc locks up.....plus it takes 8 hours to convert...wtf....let us have a pc version of movies!.....and also the DVDs on my pc will not play smoothly off the rom reader only smooth off harddrive is real pain...I dont know I just hate MPAA the more I hear anything they have to say...and i really miss drive-in theatres...lol...i say they shouldnt be able to touch internet sharing....Lars is to blame for all this attention to sharing...he sucks...metallica got the ball rolling......"oh you can video tape my concert but you cant have backups of our songs" what a retard.....people have been copying cassettes vhs etc for a long time...only thing is in the privacy of your own home nothing can be done about it and noone seriously cared as long as you were not making money off it(and they werent getting a share...lol..)....sharing networks should be treated as private property....999 out of 1000 people d/l ing are not going to be selling what they download.....they should only go after people selling not those sharing.... anyway ill shut up now.....were you going to say thank you that I shut up ...your welcome...lol...I need a drink beer

JKozzy
I saw it twice, once yesterday and once today. Worth every penny, but I wouldn't have minded paying less stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.