Bishop vs. Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
In a recent post someone stated that Batman beat Bishop in a fight. Can anyone tell me if and how this happened?

I can't see it. If I understand right Bishop can absorb kinetic energy directed toward him and then redirect it fom his hands in concussive blasts. He also has weaponry that fires laser beams and plasma charges not to mention that he's not too shabby at hand to hand combat and has a pretty badass attitude.

Khellendros
Basically, it would come to tear gas/knockout gas for Batman to be able to win. Bishop may not be the fighter Batman is, but he's damn good, add tot hat the fact that he can use stored energy to amp up his strength and he puts up a damn good fight. I'd say Bishop could take the win 5-6/10 fights.

jinzin
bishop got his ass handed to him cause he kept getting up close with an attitude towards bats....the pics are in the batman vs. cyclops thread I posted them about a page or so back from where it is now....give it a look.

Khellendros
Yeah, I saw those scans. Bishop was really fighting pretty stupidly. Bishop fighting like he did in Xtreme Xmen, using his powers and fighting skills together would take about half of ten against Batman, that idiot version of Bishop gets beaten down every time.

WindDancer
Bishop is a great weapons master. But just like Punisher he rellies to much on fire power. Batman on the other hand can best defeat Bishop by utilizing his stealth skills. A few of Batman martial arts kicks and the element of surprise and Bishop loses.

Khellendros
Originally posted by WindDancer
Bishop is a great weapons master. But just like Punisher he rellies to much on fire power. Batman on the other hand can best defeat Bishop by utilizing his stealth skills. A few of Batman martial arts kicks and the element of surprise and Bishop loses.
So, take away his weapons. Make it clear this is a hand-to-hand battle. He probably does rely on his weapons too much, but when he sets them down, or they get taken away he really is a kick ass fighter. Martial arts kicks won't do it against a smart fighting Bishop, he's got the whole kinetic absorption thing going on. Batman's best options are soft nerve strikes and gases.

jinzin
dude batman would put him down so quick in hand to hand....that's not even debateable....

Khellendros
Originally posted by jinzin
dude batman would put him down so quick in hand to hand....that's not even debateable....
I meant Bishop without his guns, using only power and body, versus Batman and whatever he's got with him at the time.

shadow12
bishop

Ming Tea!
I say Bishop, the only way Batman can win this is with assaults on his olfactory sense, via vomit gas, nerve gas and whatever else Batman has in that extra-dimensional belt of his.

jinzin
then the fight ends even faster after bats kills him...

brainchild81
Wow, jinzin. Who DO you think could beat Batman?Originally posted by Khellendros
Yeah, I saw those scans. Bishop was really fighting pretty stupidly. Bishop fighting like he did in Xtreme Xmen, using his powers and fighting skills together would take about half of ten against Batman, that idiot version of Bishop gets beaten down every time. Yeah. I've noticed they often dumb other characters down to give Bats a chance in crossovers. Non-dumb Bishop blasts Batman back to the stone age. Batman's only winning this one w/prep-time.

jinzin
KO gas....bishops out cold.....

jinzin
not bishop or spidey that's for sure....

brainchild81
Wow, that really didn't answer my question @ all. Are you a Batfanboy?

jinzin
no.......I just seem to be more aware about his actual feats and abilities than a lot of people on this board........you wanna take a guess at who I'm a fanboy of though? I'll give you 6 guesses.....

Cosmic Cube

Bishop would absorb every one of Batman's blows completely unharmed. If he can absorb a punch from Juggernaut with no sweat, nothing Batman could muster would effect him. Unless Batman has preptime, and he knows that he'll need knockout gas, or some other form of non-kinetic weaponry, he'll go down in moments.

jinzin
dude can bishop's kenetic powers keep him from having his carpels seperated from his meta carpels? or having his arm snapped in two? or having his blood stuck at the top of his head from pressure points? or helping him out whatsoever from a touch of death technique.....even if batman was using simple brute force he'd only take a moment to figure out what was happening...and then it's either KO gas or acid spray in the face...either will suffice...

Dizzle
Doesn't he carry at least something capable of taking out Bishop with him all the time though? Bruce is paranoid like that. Once a dude stands up to a punch to the face or something without any effect, he isn't stupid enough to try it again... Also, taking away Bishop's weapons and letting Batman keep his belt seems a tad unfair.

Cosmic Cube
dude can bishop's kenetic powers keep him from having his carpels seperated from his meta carpels? or having his arm snapped in two? or having his blood stuck at the top of his head from pressure points? or helping him out whatsoever from a touch of death technique.....even if batman was using simple brute force he'd only take a moment to figure out what was happening...and then it's either KO gas or acid spray in the face...either will suffice...

Do you understand what kinetic energy is? It is simply motion. ANY motion that Batman makes can be absorbed, with no injury, whether it be a slam, a submission hold, a pressure point strike, etc. Batman is doing nothing to him physically.

Cosmic Cube
What's to stop Bishop from blasting Batman unconcious at the beginning of the fight? You assume Bishop will be standing defenseless. He isn't a stationary target.

One blast from Bishop is all it takes.

jinzin
his damn muscles and tendons can't take being over stretched! wtf?

all batman has to use is his high freq output device and bishops on the ground....

jinzin
I agree.....assuming he can hit the guy.....which would be a big accomplishment in itself...

Cosmic Cube
his damn muscles and tendons can't take being over stretched! wtf?

all batman has to use is his high freq output device and bishops on the ground....

The kinetic energy required to stretch his arm would be absorbed.

Sound is kinetic energy.

Cosmic Cube
I agree.....assuming he can hit the guy.....which would be a big accomplishment in itself...

Hitting Batman?

jinzin
with the blast.....

jinzin
dude...bishop's been stunned by hits before....batman can adapt to a style to use his own momentum against him......and some of those styles go in accordance with breaking his arm etc etc....

okay....so do you think bishop would beat hulk in a slugfest?

brainchild81
KO gas....bishops out cold..... A good shot and Batman's out cold or worse.

jinzin
good luck getting that shot in....

brainchild81
Like Cyclops did?

Cosmic Cube
good luck getting that shot in....

Of course. No one with speed lesser than Superman has succeeded at attacking Batman. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Batman is agile, for a human. Bishop has superhuman reflexes. Let's put two and two together. It's only a matter of seconds before the Bat gets plastered.

jinzin
oh you mean in the crossover fight.....where we didn't even see what happened? where superheroes where interveining left and right in eachother's fights? yeah lets use that fight.....the same one where batman was kicking bishops ass all over the place....

jinzin
"Batman is agile, for a human."

apparently someone doesn't read batman comics....or the shadow warrior post for that matter...

Cosmic Cube
"Batman is agile, for a human."

apparently someone doesn't read batman comics....or the shadow warrior post for that matter...

I apologize, when did Batman acquire Superhuman agility?

jinzin
whoops sorry....haven't slept...my logics getting worse....it's not really superhuman....but it's definitely superior to even olympic level agility.....the way you made it sound.....batman's just agile........but he's far more than that.....

Cosmic Cube
whoops sorry....haven't slept...my logics getting worse....it's not really superhuman....but it's definitely superior to even olympic level agility.....the way you made it sound.....batman's just agile........but he's far more than that.....

I said, Batman is agile, for a human. That would indicate that his agility is not superhuman. His agility certainly isn't good enough to make him utterly intangible. There is no reason why Bishop wouldn't be able to blast him. That's just silly.

brainchild81
oh you mean in the crossover fight.....where we didn't even see what happened? where superheroes where interveining left and right in eachother's fights? yeah lets use that fight.....the same one where batman was kicking bishops ass all over the place.... Cyclops didn't seem to what to fight. By the time it was him VS. Batman, it seemed like it was only him Vs. Batman. And Slim reluctantly took him down.

jinzin
how is bishops energy blast any faster than automatic gunfire? or any more dangerous than automatic gunfire coming from multiple opponents...

batman's not just some average human....his agility is extremely impressive....has he's constantly displayed over his 60 some years of service....

jinzin
"Cyclops didn't seem to what to fight. By the time it was him VS. Batman, it seemed like it was only him Vs. Batman. And Slim reluctantly took him down"

have you read the comic....batman didn't want anything to do with any of them he was trying to leave with dr. strange when the x-men attacked him......if batman "wanted" to kill cyk he would have just snapped his neck...

Cosmic Cube
how is bishops energy blast any faster than automatic gunfire? or any more dangerous than automatic gunfire coming from multiple opponents...

batman's not just some average human....his agility is extremely impressive....has he's constantly displayed over his 60 some years of service....

Because it is kinetic energy, perhaps?

If Batman could effortlessly dodge bullets, why would he wear a bulletproof leotard? I know he's not an average human; he's far from one. But he is a human, with human level strength, speed, and durability. Batman's great, and all, but he gets way too much credit.

brainchild81
His agility is extremely impressive, but it's not like he hasn't been shot or hit before. I've seen him get shot and punched before. Why would he wear any type of armor otherwise?I can't think of any hero who dodges absolutely everything. They'd have to be the most boring hero ever. It seems like Batman's fans tend to think that he can beat everybody and that if he's ever loses to someone he's less of a great, cool character. This is false. Spidey is great because he's interesting as hell. Not because he whoops everybody's a$$. He can't. I don't think I'd like him too much if he could. Batman'd lose to Bishop, but it wouldn't make him any less of a hero.

Creshosk
bishop got his ass handed to him cause he kept getting up close with an attitude towards bats....the pics are in the batman vs. cyclops thread I posted them about a page or so back from where it is now....give it a look. That was some shitty writing actually. . . I would have bought the story premise if they hadn't had batman freaking punching canonball out of his blast mode. . . That's just ridiculous.

jinzin
"If Batman could effortlessly dodge bullets,"

what the hell do you mean IF? he does i all the time!

jinzin
"That was some shitty writing actually. . . I would have bought the story premise if they hadn't had batman freaking punching canonball out of his blast mode. . . That's just ridiculous."

he didn't punch him...if you can read the captions it said he used cannonballs own momentum against him.....just shifted the angle of his momentum......he wasn't punching anything.....and cannonballs knocked himself out too many times for that to be unbelievable....

Cosmic Cube
"That was some shitty writing actually. . . I would have bought the story premise if they hadn't had batman freaking punching canonball out of his blast mode. . . That's just ridiculous."

he didn't punch him...if you can read the captions it said he used cannonballs own momentum against him.....just shifted the angle of his momentum......he wasn't punching anything.....and cannonballs knocked himself out too many times for that to be unbelievable....

When has Cannonball EVER knocked himself out is blast mode? Changing his momentum is incredible as well; how would Batman dispel the blast field? He should have been crushed. That was even crappier than Hulk actually feeling an attack from Batman.

jinzin
both times he ran into juggy off the top of my head....

Cosmic Cube
"If Batman could effortlessly dodge bullets,"

what the hell do you mean IF? he does i all the time!

Can you recall any instances?

Cosmic Cube
both times he ran into juggy off the top of my head....

What issue?

Comparing Batman to Juggernaut is a bit of a stretch, though.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
When has Cannonball EVER knocked himself out is blast mode? Changing his momentum is incredible as well; how would Batman dispel the blast field? He should have been crushed. That was even crappier than Hulk actually feeling an attack from Batman. Let me guess that was in a DC comic as well?

both times he ran into juggy off the top of my head.... Okay . . How did cyclops know he'd do that?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Creshosk
Let me guess that was in a DC comic as well?

Yes, it was a crossover.

Creshosk
What issue?

Comparing Batman to Juggernaut is a bit of a stretch, though. Canonball didn't run into bat man, he went over batman's head and then batman struck at him to change his angle. . .

But I doubt batman would have been able to. . doesn't mean that Canonball didn't miss and hit the wall (without going through it?)

Creshosk
Yes, it was a crossover. laughing out loud obviously it was a crossover.

What did Batman hit him with?

jinzin
Can you recall any instances

batman year two...the whole stroy arch
batman detective comic 701 off the top of my head...

What issue?

Comparing Batman to Juggernaut is a bit of a stretch, though

spiderman 16 and wolverine 93

Cosmic Cube
laughing out loud obviously it was a crossover.

What did Batman hit him with?

He kicked him in the stomache.

jinzin
and I'm not comparing bats to juggs........but you asked EVER so I told...

Cosmic Cube
Can you recall any instances

batman year two...the whole stroy arch
batman detective comic 701 off the top of my head...

What issue?

Comparing Batman to Juggernaut is a bit of a stretch, though

spiderman 16 and wolverine 93

DC 701? Bane had a gun? What the f**k?

kgkg
Batman is way overrated few good punches and his done.

He is not the flash, and he is no superman

But he is Batman good not overrated

jinzin
DC 701? Bane had a gun?

you haven't read the comic....obviously....no but the 10-20 some odd henchmen did....

Cosmic Cube
DC 701? Bane had a gun?

you haven't read the comic....obviously....no but the 10-20 some odd henchmen did....

I haven't. Bane has henchmen now?

jinzin
guess you didn't read bane of the beast arch either than......no...but raz does.....and bane was acting as raz's student at the time....

Cosmic Cube
What exactly does Batman do?

Creshosk
He kicked him in the stomache. scared

Batman can kick with the force of. . . greater than any explosion I've seen the Hulk take?

Yeah that was some piss poor writing as well. . . Why would Batman even attempt to kick a mountain of muscles?

Out of character for Batman and poor understanding of the guests powers. . .

Cosmic Cube
scared

Batman can kick with the force of. . . greater than any explosion I've seen the Hulk take?

Yeah that was some piss poor writing as well. . . Why would Batman even attempt to kick a mountain of muscles?

Out of character for Batman and poor understanding of the guests powers. . .

He should have tried that against Bane. It would have worked a million times better.

Creshosk
He should have tried that against Bane. It would have worked a million times better. No kidding. . .

jinzin
lol...in all fairness....he didn't hurt hulk...just made him react....

Creshosk
lol...in all fairness....he didn't hurt hulk...just made him react.... But still. . . Hulk who shrugs off such things . . . . to notice even a peak level human's kick . . . is absurd. . .

jinzin
batman has enough power to kick through tress and enough chi to send that power through mountains......that wasn't an enraged savage hulk or anything even close for that matter.......he's well within the limits of reacting...

Creshosk
batman has enough power to kick through tress and enough chi to send that power through mountains......that wasn't an enraged savage hulk or anything even close for that matter.......he's well within the limits of reacting... Hmm . . . well that would explain tbeing ab;e to alter canonball's course.

But I'd still like to know how cyke knew batman could do that. wink

Cosmic Cube
batman has enough power to kick through tress and enough chi to send that power through mountains......that wasn't an enraged savage hulk or anything even close for that matter.......he's well within the limits of reacting...

Enough chi to send his power through a mountain?! eek! When?

Is this Batman or Goku?

jinzin
"Enough chi to send his power through a mountain?! When"

it was in one of his annuals/handbook thingies......

Cosmic Cube
So, did Batman destroy the said mountain?

jinzin
no just sent the power of his punch through it....

jinzin
he's obviously not strong enouh to destroy a mountain completely....he's not akuma...

brainchild81
no.......I just seem to be more aware about his actual feats and abilities than a lot of people on this board........you wanna take a guess at who I'm a fanboy of though? I'll give you 6 guesses..... Superman? Robin? Bane? Doomsday clones? Deathstroke? AL Ghul?

jinzin
lol....you fail...misirabley....I'll give you six more.....hint-he's in another universe alltogether...

brainchild81
Which universe?

jinzin
marvel....

Creshosk
no.......I just seem to be more aware about his actual feats and abilities than a lot of people on this board........you wanna take a guess at who I'm a fanboy of though? I'll give you 6 guesses..... You. . a fanboy? What the f**k?

lol....you fail...misirabley....I'll give you six more.....hint-he's in another universe alltogether... Thats actually two hints. smile

jinzin
You. . a fanboy?

I am! it's true....sadwalk

jinzin
"Thats actually two hints. "

lol...i guess it is...

Creshosk
You. . a fanboy?

I am! it's true....sadwalk You just don't seem the type. laughing out loud You're too calm and logical.

jinzin
"You just don't seem the type. You're too calm and logical"

lol...well thankyou.............I try to be.........but when this certain character is brought up..............i lose it...

brainchild81
marvel.... Wolverine? Cap?

jinzin
no no ....but they're pretty close

brainchild81
Cage? IronMan? Iron Fist? Sentry?

jinzin
not even close....

long pig
Wolverine? Hulk? spiderman?

brainchild81
Shang Chi? Sabretooth?

jinzin
no...no...no....(waits for the who's jinzin a fanboy of? thread)

jinzin
no...no

but those are ALL cool guys...

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by brainchild81
Wow, jinzin. Who DO you think could beat Batman?

God.

jinzin
and maaaaaaybe superman prime.....but it would be close....smile

Creshosk
Silver Samurai?

jinzin
fanboy of samurai? no...beat batman? no.

Creshosk
fanboy of samurai? no...beat batman? no. Fanboy, obviously not beat. laughing out loud

I was just guessing him based on your responses. . . you responded more positively to the uh. . . "fighter" hero types. . .

Who ARE you a fan boy of?

jinzin
keep guessing....there's actually two to be quite....

Creshosk
Another hint maybe?

jinzin
ummmmm their above street level.....

MrHeavySilence
Wolverine?

Creshosk
ummmmm their above street level..... That narrows it down. . . roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hmm . . not a Morlock. . .

Creshosk
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Wolverine? Long pig guessed him.

jinzin
"Wolverine?"

no...but I like the guy a lot..........I was a fanboy of his when I was little.......2 years ago..........and he's my favorite hero.....but I can admit when he's beaten...................these other two guys......well I have a problem with them losing.....lol

jinzin
"not a Morlock."

nope smile

Creshosk
"Wolverine?"

no...but I like the guy a lot..........I was a fanboy of his when I was little.......2 years ago..........and he's my favorite hero.....but I can admit when he's beaten...................these other two guys......well I have a problem with them losing.....lol So they're villans then? wink

jinzin
yeah.......i guess so....more or less....

seaapple
bishop takes (dark) knight. checkmate.

jinzin
clever.....but bishops just a pawn in the batman game of mental chess...

seaapple
Bishops and pawns are totally different pieces. Shows that your metaphor bears the mark of a rook(ie).

wink

jinzin
lol....i know that...i've played chess......but batman's the king....lol

LordFear
Do you understand what kinetic energy is? It is simply motion. ANY motion that Batman makes can be absorbed, with no injury, whether it be a slam, a submission hold, a pressure point strike, etc. Batman is doing nothing to him physically.

I disagree with the pressure point statement. That is not a kinetic motion application but moreso a thorough knowledge of the body and it's holistic effects. Applying pressure at a particular nerve bundle or muscle in the vertebrae has nothing to do with kinetic energy or brute force which is the main reason why that technic was devised as an alternate means to using brute force. Also if Bat's uses judo style, he is only redirecting and using Bishop's strength against him. I don't see how Bishop can use that style to his advantage.
This fight is Bat's. Bishop will not be able to power up sufficiently to redirect any kind of blast or concussion force because Bat's doesn't utilize firearms or any form of projectile weapons at all. This is a close combat fight and Bruce has the definite upper hand.

Creshosk
Originally posted by LordFear
Bat's doesn't utilize any form of projectile weapons at all. Yes he does. . .

LordFear
Yes he does. . .

Nothing that Bishop can absorb as energy.
Yes his batarangs and that's it.
How much energy can Bishop absorb from that, that would really tip this fight in his favor?
I mean lasers, guns, cannons, bombs(not smoke or gas). Bat's don't use these things cuz he abhors them.
So where is Bishop gonna suck up enough juice to go apeshit on him?

Creshosk
Originally posted by LordFear
Nothing that Bishop can absorb as energy.
Yes his batarangs and that's it.
How much energy can Bishop absorb from that, that would really tip this fight in his favor?
I mean lasers, guns, cannons, bombs(not smoke or gas). Bat's don't use these things cuz he abhors them.
So where is Bishop gonna suck up enough juice to go apeshit on him?

Technically he could store up a little bit from physical impacts. . . but he still feels the impacts. . .

Cosmic Cube
Technically he could store up a little bit from physical impacts. . . but he still feels the impacts. . .

Actually, he doesn't. If he did, Juggernaut would kill him. Bishop absorbed a fully powered blast from Onslaught with no sweat. After the kinetic energy is absorbed, he doesn't take any damage.

brainchild81
"Wolverine?"

no...but I like the guy a lot..........I was a fanboy of his when I was little.......2 years ago..........and he's my favorite hero.....but I can admit when he's beaten...................these other two guys......well I have a problem with them losing.....lol Doom? Galactus?

jinzin
nope nope......more.......generic...i'd guess you'd say.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.