Palpatine Steals The Show!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sparks
I thought Ian McDirmid was amazingly good in RotS. He creeped me the hell out! I felt Palpatine's pure evil eminating from the screen.

Captain REX
I always knew he would. He is pure evil, and I'm not talking about the character... whistle

bILLYgOAT
Palps was as camp as christmas

Captain REX
Depends on how camp you think Christmas was, I suppose, or what your definition of camp is. wink

Delta 62
Palpatine was great. Very intense. Especially after the duel with Master Windu.

Morning_Glory
Ian was great, Hayden was ok, Ewan was awesome! James Earl Jones gave me the willys

Captain REX
JEJ always gives the willies. He's awesome.

He's in Dr. Strangelove, I noticed that not too long ago...

Morning_Glory
doesnt James Earl Jones do a phone commercial right now??

Captain REX
Yup, and it gives me the willies.

Morning_Glory
the phone commercial gives your the willies? okkk

astrofan428
Ian was amzing for most of the time he was on screen, except for the Windu duel and the following dialogue till he put his hood up.

During the duel he was so out of place, he looked like an old man doing something no old man should do. Atleast Christopher Lee looked confortable in his duel closeups.

And the transition mask he has on when he speaks to Anakin look terrible, and for some reason he played the character differently in that scene.

But before and after those scenes he was on, I especially loved the scene where Anakin figures out he is a Sith Lord.

Morning_Glory
uh huh...

WindDancer
Indeed, Palpatine stole the whole show. I was far more impress with his figthing skills than with his evilness. He defeated Mace and kick Yoda's ass! Palptine is cool!

Darth_Sidious01
my fave scene as of yet is the opera house scene where he tells the legend of Darth Plagueis The Wise....that little reminiscent grin that he had as he said Plagueis was killed in his sleep by the apprentice...Then it got me thinking....wait..this is a Sith LEGEND..meaning this happened a looooong time ago...ages ago maybe....Either Palpatine lied to Anakin about it being a legend just to catch his interest..or Palps is older than he seems..i have no idea this line just confused me..i'm thinking the first....
But yes Ian McDiarmid gave me chills with every single one of his lines...all his dialogue was gold thanks to him..that's not good directing..that's good acting...cheers Ian...a job very well done....

"I can feeel your anger...." That line by itself gave me chills when they did the closeup

Also impressed with his saber technique..i nearlly freaked when he did that evil howl as he spun over his desk and to the jedi cool

Sparks
Originally posted by WindDancer
Indeed, Palpatine stole the whole show. I was far more impress with his figthing skills than with his evilness. He defeated Mace and kick Yoda's ass! Palptine is cool!

Did we see the same movie? Mace had Palpatine beaten and was about to finish him when anakin interveined.

astrofan428
I thought it was cool on this weeks Ebert and Roeper(since last week was early they reviewed it again) that Roeper called Ian's performance as Oscar worthy.

Good to hear that from someone other thana fan.

Batman316
WindDancer is talking about the Special Edition Sparks

Crusher
Whats next? Between Ep. IV and maybe to celebrate his victory, I think Palp ought to hire abunch of outlaws...maybe that one in the Cantina that throws luke down, and spray paint 'nGo' on the backs of everyone against the Sith and his newly formed 'Galatic Emprie'.

Would rock if he payed a visit to the W.W.E. big grin big grin Oh? nGo= 'New Galaxy Order'

jediwilldaddy
i think nick gilliard had said that he wanted palpatine to look kind of cheesy in his fighting style.. and why should he not because he doesn't really use much of the saber now since we have all agreed that he uses his apprentices as the muscle.. palps is actualy better off without the saber in my book. either way mace might as well walked in there alone for all the help he got once he pissed palps off it was like bam 3 dead jedi.. also even thought palps lost the lightsaber battle he nearly caught mace with his pants down at one point with his saber in mace's chest about to strike...

astrofan428
I thought Palpatine was terrible during the Mace duel, though he was cool in the Yoda fight, though that was easier to fake.

EPIIIBITES
Sidious was scary. Ian has probably been the best actor going back to Empire.

astrofan428
I thought it was cool to hear whatever Roeper deem his performance oscar worthy, not that I care what he says, but hearing someone in his position say that is a good sign.

DarkAge
He wasn't in Empire. That was some other guy. IMO though McDiarmaid's performance was the most impressive in the movie, definitely.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by DarkAge
He wasn't in Empire. That was some other guy. IMO though McDiarmaid's performance was the most impressive in the movie, definitely.

Did look like him. Thought it might not have been. Well he rocked in Jedi.

DeVi| D0do
It is Ian on the Empire DVD... but in the original it was some lady who looked like a monkey.

Red Superfly
lol

I loved the Emperor. I loved the bit where he goes "No...NO....NO! You will die!".

That was the moment where I became a kid again and was seeing Emperor Palpatine, the evil dude from ROTJ, as opposed to Ian McDairmid.

I thought Mace vs Palpatine was also a huge surprise and was actually better than Yodas fight later.

I loved Palpatine's snake-like fighting style, and the way he was like a spectre during the Yoda fight. Greatness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.