Ikaris vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Ikaris
(Prime Eternal)

vs.

Superman

Bialaska
I've never seen just how strong Ikaris is, but if he's anywhere near close to Sersi, then I'll have to put my money on him.

Superman beats him up, then reduces him to molecules and lastly starts imploding universe, only to watch Ikaris reform, smile, restore the universe to what it was before and lastly create a block of kryptonite around the man of steel.

whirlysplat
Look at the bio, I can't even be bothered t o argue this

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-ikaris.html

Originally posted by Bialaska
I've never seen just how strong Ikaris is, but if he's anywhere near close to Sersi, then I'll have to put my money on him.

Superman beats him up, then reduces him to molecules and lastly starts imploding universe, only to watch Ikaris reform, smile, restore the universe to what it was before and lastly create a block of kryptonite around the man of steel.

the Darkone
Ikaris is a prime eternal so his strength is up their with superman,thor, hulk also ikaris can increase his other abilities at will like thanos can. Also ikaris can rearrange his molecules make superman body weak enough to f**k him up. Don't sleep on the eternals is not always about strength.

GODSCRIBE
Ikaris as the Prime Eternal wins this one fairly easily. What's going on here? lol

golem370
He took over the powers of Zuras and here is his Bio http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-zuras.html

Diunic
Ikaris is Zuras level, almost Zeus level. He wins easily.

MattDay
he sounds like a pansy! c'mon! supes dude!

Diunic
WHAAAAAAAATTTT???????????????????

MattDay
sorry man, i matched up their profiles, superman looks meaner than this guy, blonde surfer dude with a stupid hair cut really, na not a cool hero i reckon

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Ikaris as the Prime Eternal wins this one fairly easily. What's going on here? lol

Bumping old threads laughing out loud to look clever because you've found the search function, does that mean no more repeat threads. For how weak Zuras was check out Thor 298 - 299 he really was no match for Zeus and in 297 Thor and he throw down and he can't drive Thor back. Ikaris laughing out loud

GODSCRIBE
He beats Supes.

Sir Whirlysplat
He beats Supes.

He couldn't beat Thor so it's unlikely and had a heart attack trying to match lightning bolts with Zeus. He really wasn't much. He had no superspeed and his durability was typical Eternal, I can be scattered etc, confused funny how easily he died!

the Darkone
A weaken zuras fought zeus to a stalemate. Ikaris has the same abilitieas as zuras but his wisdom yet. Ikaris with his other powers crumb stomps superman.

the Darkone
Zuras was killed by a Celestail samething would have happen to Superman.

Diunic
Yeah! I guess I will have to admit to be wrong. The Eternals are not that powerful. I use to think as they were inferior but close to the Olympians.

MattDay
do we agree? superman beats this guy?

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Bumping old threads laughing out loud to look clever because you've found the search function, does that mean no more repeat threads. For how weak Zuras was check out Thor 298 - 299 he really was no match for Zeus and in 297 Thor and he throw down and he can't drive Thor back. Ikaris laughing out loud

Nice try..

He became a Prime Eternal in Eternals #2. That's long after he fought Thor. Good try though. As a Prime Eternal, Supes is a gnat to him. He either murder Superman himself or summon the Uni-Mind to do it.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by MattDay
do we agree? superman beats this guy?
Of course not. This guy could easily take the entire JLA. Thor only beat him when he wasnt a Prime Eternal. Prime Eternals are Skyfather level.

MattDay
hmm i here superman at times can stand up with skyfathers, but im hazy into when he did, anyone elaborate, im trying to find evidence but im pretty sure superman has more than enough to take him

the Darkone
Check out the new eternals later 2006 written by Neil Gaimen and drawn by John Romita Jr 12 issues.

GODSCRIBE
Okay which Skyfather level beings has Superman taken? He doesnt even need to fight like I said. Hed just summon Uni-Mind and **** Superman.

the Darkone
Well written skyfahters or low Skyfathers no plot device or jobber will kill superman with ease. Eternals can f**k with your moelcules turning you into sh** or worse, Ikaris is (PE) he is more powerful than any other eternal on earth may be except for seris who is the most dangerous out of the group even she will kill superman and she kock out immortak hercules with one punch and destroyed a kree sentry robot with one punch.

the Darkone
Uni-mind will kill him with a pisonic bolt.

GODSCRIBE
Or he'd simply turn Superman into a watermelon or pink toddler booties.

Pepito
Superman would win in a straight fight because he's beaten Darkseid who has far more molecular powers than Ikaris. If Ikaris can, he could mind control him however.

Sir Whirlysplat
Okay which Skyfather level beings has Superman taken? He doesnt even need to fight like I said. Hed just summon Uni-Mind and **** Superman.

Sathanus, Darkseid, Blaze, are all on that kind of level. Show me Zuras destroying a planet smile or travelling 17 x the speed of light or surviving a million nuke level explosion like Callaton, show me any Eternal doing anything like that. smile Didn't think so and over the Unimind wouldn't be Ikaris would it. smile It only took one Celestial blast to disperse it in Thor 300 and they were out of the game. Not a planet destroying blast. Supes took the Maggedon Warhead enough to destroy the Solar System. Actually tell me when a Skyfather has taken a Solar System destroying blast? I'd like to see that. Until you can show me something on that durability, I'm not impressed!

GODSCRIBE
Sathanus, Darkseid, Blaze, are all on that kind of level. Show me Zuras destroying a planet smile or travelling 17 x the speed of light or surviving a million nuke level explosion like Callaton, show me any Eternal doing anything like that. smile Didn't think so and over the Unimind wouldn't be Ikaris would it. smile It only took one Celestial blast to disperse it in Thor 300 and they were out of the game. Not a planet destroying blast. Supes took the Maggedon Warhead enough to destroy the Solar System. Actually tell me when a Skyfather has taken a Solar System destroying blast? I'd like to see that. Until you can show me something on that durability, I'm not impressed!

The Uni-Mind has been initiated to battle the likes of Celestials smile

Unless Superman can battle Celestials as well?

Sir Whirlysplat
The Uni-Mind has been initiated to battle the likes of Celestials smile

Unless Superman can battle Celestials as well?

Mageddon destroys Solar Systems not Planets. It's Celestial level and No! the Eternals were created by the Celestials, the Uni mind was actually not created to battle anyone, it's a joining. Check out The Eternals mini about 1988.

GODSCRIBE
, the Uni mind was actually not created to battle anyone, it's a joining. .

uh yeah...and zuras has initiated it to battle the likes of the celestials. so now superman can battle any solar system destroying being laughing

got to love that logic thumb up

Diunic
Zeus is a Skyfather he has created entire constellations which is a lot more than a little solar system plus all of that was just to honor mere mortals. King Thor also stated that he could manipulate stars to honor Iron Man and Cap. and I believe every single word he said.

GODSCRIBE
I guess Dr. Strange is also on par with the Living Tribunal now, since he has encountered him. Thanos is also on the level of Death. This is interesting.

Diunic
But Ikaris is not on their level I know.

leonidas
unimind needs to be initiated by a host of eternals. ikaris by himself, in a 1on1 battle couldn't summon it anyway.

supes pulls him into torquasm vo and beats him on the mental plane.

GODSCRIBE
Ikaris is on Zuras level. He is Skyfather level. He will just turn Superman into pink toddler booties like I said.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by leonidas
unimind needs to be initiated by a host of eternals. ikaris by himself, in a 1on1 battle couldn't summon it anyway.

supes pulls him into torquasm vo and beats him on the mental plane.

Ikaris turns him into a shelless turtle.

Sir Whirlysplat
uh yeah...and the zuras has initiated it to battle the likes of the celestials. so now superman can battle any solar system destroying being laughing

got to love that logic thumb up

No Zuras tried to use it to battle Celestials it did nothing except get blasted. Yes Superman battled Maggedon. A doomsday machine which ended the last Universal Cycle and was beyond the DC Universe, it came from the other side of the Source Wall. Thats why I kind of laugh reading some posts here they obviously only read Marvel or DC not both!

Diunic
Even though maybe Ikaris could win just by absorving Supes energy.

GODSCRIBE
No Zuras tried to use it to battle Celestials it did nothing except get blasted. Yes Superman battled Maggedon. A doomsday machine which ended the last Universal Cycle and was beyond the DC Universe, it came from the other side of the Source Wall. Thats why I kind of laugh reading some posts here they obviously only read Marvel or DC not both!

Okay, and like I said Dr. Strange has battle Living Tribunal before. He is on par with Phoenix now. And Aquaman has also knocked Supes clean on his ass. He is therefore on Supermans level. LOLLLL

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Diunic
Zeus is a Skyfather he has created entire constellations which is a lot more than a little solar system plus all of that was just to honor mere mortals. King Thor also stated that he could manipulate stars to honor Iron Man and Cap. and I believe every single word he said.

Actually it's unlikely he did any of this Diunic as Zeus was only worshipped on Earth and if you read Thor 301 after Odin and Asgard die the first time. We find it's the belief of man that animates Earths Gods. We also learn mother earth is Thors mum in this issue!

Sir Whirlysplat
Okay, and like I said Dr. Strange has battle Living Tribunal before. He is on par with Phoenix now. And Aquaman has also knocked Supes clean on his ass. He is therefore on Supermans level. LOLLLL

Well Supes defeated the Mageddon Warhead which was a leftover doomsday device from the old Universe. Read some DC. PIS happens to all. Take Cap holdong his own with Thor and Hercules on seperate occasions.

dvampire
Ikaris is on Zuras level. He is Skyfather level. He will just turn Superman into pink toddler booties like I said.

Can you post scans of some of his feats?

Diunic
I strongly disagree one thing has nothing to do with the other.

GODSCRIBE
PIS happens to all.

Indeed.

Sir Whirlysplat
Actually it's unlikely he did any of this Diunic as Zeus was only worshipped on Earth and if you read Thor 301 after Odin and Asgard die the first time. We find it's the belief of man that animates Earths Gods. We also learn mother earth is Thors mum in this issue!

Well if he only exists because people believe in him or actually believd Vishnu said Asgard were waning gods.

Diunic
Ikaris wins by stealing Supes energy

Sir Whirlysplat
Ikaris wins by stealing Supes energy

Its never been successfully done.

Diunic
Whoever wrote that about the gods was misinformed. If that was so Olympians would be dead cause they have no worshipers, also Zeus stated that he didn't even pay attention on earth.

Diunic
It was done before by tech, please!!!!

Diunic
Replikon did it.

Sir Whirlysplat
Whoever wrote that about the gods was misinformed. If that was so Olympians would be dead cause they have no worshipers, also Zeus stated that he didn't even pay attention on earth.

They left Earth because of it as did the Asgardians etc, they exist because they are remembered. Mark Gruenwald wrote it, it's one of the most famous Thor stories of all, for those who have been reading comics a long time.

Gaea, cradling Thor, recalls the past events which led to the death of Zuras, and all the Asgardians. Gaea then heals Thor, and when he awakens, he looks on his birth mother for the first time, and she reveals herself as Mother Earth. She reveals the truths of Thor's birth, and how the Sky-Mother's conspired to create the Young Gods to appease the Celestials. She then reveals that all the other Asgardians are dead, but if he can gain a portion of life-force from the other pantheons, he may be able to revive them. The pantheons gladly give up a portion of their power, except for Shiva. Thor battles him for it. Thor defeats him and then uses the granted power to revive Odin and the Asgardians.

Sir Whirlysplat
Replikon did it.

Nope tried to unsuccesfully in Supes 628.

leonidas

no aquaman didn't. it was manhunter in disguise, and he was intentionally goading aquaman. second, the difference between strange and lt and supes and megaddon is that supes actually WON his battle, as opposed to simply 'battled him'. and thirdly, i'd LOVE to see any evidence of any kind showing zuras transmuting ANYONE into . . . anything. oh, and btw, while we're at it, anyone have any evidence at all showing zuras really IS a skyfather . . .? i've always considered him below them, myself . . .

soleran30
I have always considered SM below Skyfather as well so whatsmile DC hates mythological gods as compared to Marvel but they do love their high end metassmile

Diunic
I don't think Zuras is on SkyFathers level. But he is enough powerful to defeat Supes.

Sir Whirlysplat
no aquaman didn't. it was manhunter in disguise, and he was intentionally goading aquaman. second, the difference between strange and lt and supes and megaddon is that supes actually WON his battle, as opposed to simply 'battled him'. and thirdly, i'd LOVE to see any evidence of any kind showing zuras transmuting ANYONE into . . . anything. oh, and btw, while we're at it, anyone have any evidence at all showing zuras really IS a skyfather . . .? i've always considered him below them, myself . . .

Well below class 90 strength smile

ZURAS

First Appearance: Eternals #5
Origin Issue: Captain Marvel #29, What If #25

Aliases: Zeus

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 300 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red
Distinguishing Features: A full beard

Occupation at time of death: Leader of the Eternals of Earth
Citizenship: Olympia, city of the Eternals
Place of Creation/Birth: Titanos, first city of the Eternals, location unrevealed
Place of Death: Peru

Known Relatives: Kronos (father, deceased), Mentor (alias Alars, brother), Thena (daughter), Eros (alias Starfox, nephew), Thanos (nephew), wife's name unrevealed
Known Allies: Major Domo, Thena, The Gods of Asgard
Known Enemies: Warlord Kro, the Deviant Empire, Dromedan

Intelligence: Above Normal
Strength: Superhuman Class 90
Speed: Superhuman
Flight Speed: Subsonic
Stamina: Immeasurable
Durability: Godlike
Agility: Enhanced human
Reflexes: Enhanced human
Fighting Skills: Due to his vast powers, Zuras never needed to develop hand-to-hand combat techniques
Special Skills/Abilities: Extensive knowledge of ancient and arcane wisdom
Superhuman physical powers: Besides his physical attributes above, Zuras possessed the ability to manipulate cosmic energy to augment his life force granting him great longevity and regenerative abilities, the projection of concussive force, heat and electrical energy up to a maximum range of 300 feet. He could also use cosmic energy to create force shields around himself, to levitate himself and/or others, and to psionically manipulate molecules so as to transform an object's shape. During his lifetime, Zuras was the only Eternal known capable of initiating the creation of the Uni-Mind (the collective life-form resulting from the physical and mental merging of a significant number of Eternals) by himself
Superhuman Mental Powers: Telepathy, illusion-casting, limited teleportation
Special Limitations: None
Source of Superhuman Powers: Above average development of the normal attributes of the race of Eternals through great discipline
Personal Weaponry: none
Other Accessories: None

Diunic
Also I can't believe the gods to exist just because they're remembered.

Sir Whirlysplat
Heat projection as far as 300 feet Supes can reach the Moon smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Also I can't believe the gods to exist just because they're remembered.

Tell Mark Gruenwald it's cannon by the way smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Well below class 90 strength smile

ZURAS

First Appearance: Eternals #5
Origin Issue: Captain Marvel #29, What If #25

Aliases: Zeus

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 300 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red
Distinguishing Features: A full beard

Occupation at time of death: Leader of the Eternals of Earth
Citizenship: Olympia, city of the Eternals
Place of Creation/Birth: Titanos, first city of the Eternals, location unrevealed
Place of Death: Peru

Known Relatives: Kronos (father, deceased), Mentor (alias Alars, brother), Thena (daughter), Eros (alias Starfox, nephew), Thanos (nephew), wife's name unrevealed
Known Allies: Major Domo, Thena, The Gods of Asgard
Known Enemies: Warlord Kro, the Deviant Empire, Dromedan

Intelligence: Above Normal
Strength: Superhuman Class 90
Speed: Superhuman
Flight Speed: Subsonic
Stamina: Immeasurable
Durability: Godlike
Agility: Enhanced human
Reflexes: Enhanced human
Fighting Skills: Due to his vast powers, Zuras never needed to develop hand-to-hand combat techniques
Special Skills/Abilities: Extensive knowledge of ancient and arcane wisdom
Superhuman physical powers: Besides his physical attributes above, Zuras possessed the ability to manipulate cosmic energy to augment his life force granting him great longevity and regenerative abilities, the projection of concussive force, heat and electrical energy up to a maximum range of 300 feet. He could also use cosmic energy to create force shields around himself, to levitate himself and/or others, and to psionically manipulate molecules so as to transform an object's shape. During his lifetime, Zuras was the only Eternal known capable of initiating the creation of the Uni-Mind (the collective life-form resulting from the physical and mental merging of a significant number of Eternals) by himself
Superhuman Mental Powers: Telepathy, illusion-casting, limited teleportation
Special Limitations: None
Source of Superhuman Powers: Above average development of the normal attributes of the race of Eternals through great discipline
Personal Weaponry: none
Other Accessories: None

This is what comes of bumping threads laughing

Diunic
A lot of things changed in Marvel since that was stated about the gods.

Sir Whirlysplat
A lot of things changed in Marvel since that was stated about the gods.

Yup but nothing retconned 301 Thors mum is still the Earth Goddess introduced as his mother that issue.

soleran30
also Marvel has that 100 ton category unlike DC who's if you fall under 100 ton you are a wuss clubsmile

Marvel prefers more matter manipulation and such DC loves the bruiser types except GLsmile

leonidas
laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing

wtf?? that guy doesn't sound like he could beat batman!! heheh. always a pleasure debating with you, whirly!

another myth busted courtesy of the jla!! wink

Sir Whirlysplat
laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing

wtf?? that guy doesn't sound like he could beat batman!! heheh. always a pleasure debating with you, whirly!

another myth busted courtesy of the jla!! wink

Agreed and he couldn't, he used to have a heart attack in almost every fight! smile

Its always a pleasure Leo with you Juntai, Zeph, Demi, D, Avalon etc. etc. JLA Assemble. We rocksmile

Pepito
Superman probably does win actually - if he can beat Darkseid, he can beat Ikaris (you know what would be cool - if post crisis Superman met precrisis, I think I have the makings of a sitcom, a rubbish sitcom)

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Pepito
Superman probably does win actually - if he can beat Darkseid, he can beat Ikaris (you know what would be cool - if post crisis Superman met precrisis, I think I have the makings of a sitcom, a rubbish sitcom)

He kind of is at the moment just not the Precrisis from his Earth. Check out Infinite Crisis Pepito!

the Darkone
Zuras who was weak stalemated Zeus in battle, Ikaris has Zuras added powers but not his wisdom. And stop using that damn immortalthor that thing is so outdated it's not even funny. Ikaris can increase his strength surpassing superman's strength, Ikaris reaarange molecules at a great degree it's 4 of 5 which sersi is still the highest of all eternals. Iakris does have mental powers also, prime eternals our on sky father levels in power.

MattDay
stronger than supes? i doubt that, in the end supes has ended up in some of his misadventures, lifting silly amounts, without struggling, so i doubt it, unless you can lift more than unlimited*.

*unknown (also known as that)

the Darkone
eternals strength base are around 40-100 tons without increase it, Sersi knock out Immortal Hercules with one punch and destroyed a kree sentry robot with one hit. Ikaris can increase his stregnth to class 100 and beyond depending how he is written, like Thanos who is one of the few eternals at class 100 and the other Forgotten One can increase their strengths to unknow levels. Ikaris other powers are greater only edge that superman has is speed, but like sersi, thanos Ikaris can form a unbreakable pisonic force shield.

UniOmni
Whirly, you know the the resolution to the Mageddon mess was a plot device. It was antiSunlight which superman was created to absorb. Next time mention that fact when expounding on his feats. Really sneaky. And he didn't take the true explosion, just absorbed the energy from inside the warhead. Plus that story had many head scratching moments.
Like does superman absorb all the energy given by the sun if he flies close enough to it?? Cuz if not, then the warhead absorbtion is iffy then. Seeing as how it went off in a muted blast, and Clark absorbed it all. I can see him absorbing the energy coming his way, but what about the energy going in other directions?? See?? Really iffy and logic suspending.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.