EPIII Novel or Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman316
Basically I haven't read the book yet but I hear it is WAY better than the movie I was wondering who else felt this, and why

Also what are the key scenes in the book that were either cut from the movie or never written into the script

Phyzzx
I enjoyed the audio book a great deal more than the movie. I'm not saying the movie sucked, but the audiobook kept two things intact that the movie was missing, and elements I feel that should have been kept in the movie- these being the seduction of Anakin, and the political climate, especially after the the end of the war.

The seduction of Anakin in far more sinister than portrayed in the movie. Palpatine offers Anakin everything, including his life to end the war and return peace.

Members of the senate, known simply as "The 2000" signed a petition asking the chancellor to return his powers to the senate, and to step down. There were a few key meetings regarding this "2000" that should have been kept in the movie.

Oh yeah, one more thing- The best line in the book that should have been in the movie, but wasn't occurred between Grievous and Obi-Wan:

Grievous: "Unfortunately for you, Kenobi, I have been trained in the Jedi
arts by Count Dooku."

Kenobi: "How unfortunate for you, I trained the man that killed Dooku."

Ultimately, we can debate this forever, but in the end nothing will change. Books are often better than the movie. I would encourage everyone to pick up the book or audio book and give them a try. There is much more to the story than people have seen.

Batman316
Originally posted by Phyzzx

Grievous: "Unfortunately for you, Kenobi, I have been trained in the Jedi
arts by Count Dooku."

Kenobi: "How unfortunate for you, I trained the man that killed Dooku."

now that line would have been cool

Jedi Priestess
Book was way better and there are too many things to mention Batman. But Phy is right, the seduction of Anakin to the dark side was alot more involved and sinister than what the movie showed. Alot of this could have been recitfied if Lucas had made ROTS a 3 hour movie IMHO.

jango fatt
Hey, JP i tought you were leaving,

Grand Moff Gav
JF your on!!!!!!!!

jango fatt
Gav didn't ya got ma PM?

Grand Moff Gav
about what? and your on mmy buddie list but it says your offline

jango fatt
Well i ain't
And it was a PM about joining your Trade federation

Grand Moff Gav
oh yeah your the droid commander its on my profile sorry i havent PM'ed you alot i mostly talk to JM and Mist

Grand Moff Gav
oh yeah your the droid commander its on my profile sorry i havent PM'ed you alot i mostly talk to JM and Mist

Grand Moff Gav

Grand Moff Gav
erm sorry dont know what happened there

jango fatt
Threedouble post man!
Crazy!!!!
And now back on topic

Grand Moff Gav
the book was really good

jango fatt
Hahahaha
didn't read the book

Grand Moff Gav
you should

New_Born_Pyro
Not out in Belgium yet. Next week.

Grand Moff Gav
i have 3 hours till i see it

SithKiller
The book was cool but the movie gave life to my imaginations of the book they both rock! rock

Grand Moff Gav
yes its all true

jango fatt
Pyro ya can order the english version
Go to
www.proxis.be

Grand Moff Gav
its in belgian

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by jango fatt
Hey, JP i tought you were leaving,

Oh look kids, it's the a$$hole who did the happy dance after I posted I wouldnt be on much because my father is dying. What a class act. roll eyes (sarcastic)

New_Born_Pyro
Pyro ya can order the english version
Go to
www.proxis.be
Thanks but I'll buy it in Dutch. Just like I did with the LOTR books. It's easier to understand it all. My English isn't that good and I'll probably enjoy it more to read it in my own language. And the title sounds cool: De wraak van de Sith. stick out tongue

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Oh look kids, it's the a$$hole who did the happy dance after I posted I wouldnt be on much because my father is dying. What a class act. roll eyes (sarcastic)

youur father's dying or was that a joke

ArynCrinn
let's hope Mr lcuas will give us an extended edition DVD box set of the whole saga with all the deleted scenes (the good ones) put in to the films them self...

jango fatt
Sorry JP
I'm sorry for your father

jango fatt
Thanks

Grand Moff Gav
jango if you wherent bigger than me i'd slap you

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
youur father's dying or was that a joke

Unfortunately it was not a joke. Wish it was. sad

SithKiller
Priestess since the new millenium Ive lost over 5 of direct family...mother grandparents etc... my heart and prayers with you and family...God and Force Bless...and not to be rude mean or off subject but I love your double blue saber

adamrubin

New_Born_Pyro
Sorry to hear that, JP.

I was wrong, I went to a book store and they had the dutch version of the book, so I bought it. I'm going to start reading it tonight.

LandoSpeeder2
I haven't read the novel but I did listen to the audio novel (same thing just some reads it out to you). I was disappointed with the novel actually. I like the movie 100 times better. AOTC's novel was much better written.

LandoSpeeder2
Unfortunately it was not a joke. Wish it was. sad sorry to here that JP. sad

Grand Moff Gav
Unfortunately it was not a joke. Wish it was. sad

i am sorry loss is hard to deal with but im afraid i wont miss my dad when he dies he's not really a dad he's let me down too many times and im truely sorry for your loss and not wanting too seem insensitve but perhaps it wouuld be better if we went back on topic.

jango fatt
Originally posted by New_Born_Pyro
Sorry to hear that, JP.

I was wrong, I went to a book store and they had the dutch version of the book, so I bought it. I'm going to start reading it tonight. Cool
How much did ya pay?
16.95?

jango fatt
Why are ya all collaborating with that selfproclaimed moderator
altough it's sorry to hear that about your father

jango fatt
huh?

New_Born_Pyro
Cool
How much did ya pay?
16.95?
Yup, in Standaard Boekhandel.

jango fatt
Interessant
Moet ik eens naar toe gaan

New_Born_Pyro
Ja ze ebben ook Labyrint Of Evil vo de zelfste prijs.

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
I haven't read the novel but I did listen to the audio novel (same thing just some reads it out to you). I was disappointed with the novel actually. I like the movie 100 times better. AOTC's novel was much better written.

I'm about mid way through it and I agree, AOTC's novel was much better. I read an interview on starwars.com with the author when they previewed the book, he said he didn't like Anakin. And he's also a huge Mace fan since he also wrote Shatterpoint, which explains his depiction of Mace during the fight with Palps. In general I still like the book, but I'm mainly just reading it for the cut scenes from the film so I get a better idea of what was going on than a two hour movie could show. I do really like how in the begining, he shows how the galaxy at large views the Jedi and how Ani and Obi are heroes to little kids.

jango fatt
Cool ik koop dan liever labyrinth of evil

Grand Moff Gav
Interessant
Moet ik eens naar toe gaan Originally posted by New_Born_Pyro
Ja ze ebben ook Labyrint Of Evil vo de zelfste prijs.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh belgian burns but sounds like german

New_Born_Pyro
mja kga mss LOE later kopen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.