Question about Anakin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Weirdo
Was anyone surprised how quickly Anakin turned to the Dark side?
Secondly, did anyone else think that Mace Windu seemed more powerful than Yoda?

Mist
was anyone surprised how quickly KMC became a dumping ground for crap?

Darth Weirdo
Why is it crap?

Lazerlike42
Mist is probably just upset you started a thread instead of finding the one already talking about it.

Actually, the second question has tons of threads talking about it, but the first one.... I can't think of any threads talking about the first one so (unless I'm wrong) it's a good question to start one with.

And no I wasn't

Darth Weirdo
One minute he is trying to arrest him the next minute he bows down and calls him master.

Lazerlike42
well he loses control and let's his need to save Padme overtake him and he attacks Windu and then Palpatine kills him. He's basically a teenager who at this point has gotten in too deep and doesn't know where to go or what to do so he just does the easiest thing and submits to Palpatine.

Darth Weirdo

Mist
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
Mist is probably just upset you started a thread instead of finding the one already talking about it.

indeedcry

Bubbapilot
First, I agree with mist, do some research before posting.

Second, I wasn't suprised by how fast Anakin turned. He had been struggling with the emotions for the whole movie. He finally has the answers he needs, and is about to give up the man that can help him. When he finds that Palpy is about to die, his heart takes over and he instantly regrets his actions. That much emotional crap is enough to make anyone give up, which is basically what he did. He has done one of the worst things he can think of, and he finally gives up and accepts his dark nature.

Lazerlike42
Well what else is he gonna do? There's no Jedi order to return to, Palpatine rules the galaxy, not to mention the guy just saved his life. He has nowhere to run or hide, he's not powerful enough to overthrow him, and he betreayed all his friends for this guy.

Just picture a teenager who's in too deep for whatever reason. What do most teenagers do in this case? Do they ask their parents' help? Lol of course not, because they feel trapped, and they just feel trapped to continue doing whatever they are doing. It's not quite the same thing, but a bad teenage pregnancy serves as an ok example.... First the girl gets pregnant, doesn't know what to do so she tries to hide it with bulky clothes and stuff. Next she has the kid and doesn't know what to do so she leaves the kid in a dumpster somewhere sad.... now she's just in way over her head. Does she just accept the music she'll have to face for this and try to shape up? No now she realizes she has to kill her boy friend or he'll squeal.... it's just an endless cycle. It's an extreme example, yes, but then again so is Anakin's turn to the dark side and slaughter of the entire Jedi order along with children...

Darth Weirdo

Bubbapilot
I believe that Palpatine promised Dooku that Anakin would be Dooku's apprentice. That's why he looks so suprised when Palpy tells Anakin to kill him.

Darth Weirdo
Who trained the Emperor in the Dark side he tells the story but does not mention the name. That would make a great movie the start of the Council and the Sith.

Darth Weirdo
Bubbapilot
I thought there could only be two, 1 appetence and 1 master.

Lazerlike42
1) Anakin is too filled with anger and rage to think clearly and Obi-Wan takes advantage of this. Anakin makes a stupid move fueld only by his aggression in jumping at Obi-Wan that way; that's why Obi-Wan warns him, "I've got the high ground.... don't try it Anakin."

2) The way the Sith work is, the instant a person becomes an apprentice he is forever plotting to overthrow his master, and his master is forever seeking a more worthy apprentice. It's the facts of life for the Sith. When you become a Sith, you take all that comes with it, including the risk you'll be overthrown. Dooku didn't so much know the plan was to turn Anakin, all he knew is that he had to keep an eye out for any dark-side leaning folk who may seek to kill him. He didn't LET Anakin kill him, if he had killed Anakin he'd still be the apprentice.

Lazerlike42
Darth Plagiues trained Palpatine.

Darth Weirdo

Bubbapilot
I know it is not considered canon, but at the end of the book Labyrinth of Evil, Palpatine tells Dooku to kill Anakin, and if he can't then they will get him to join the dark side and would be more like a minion (like grevous) than an apprentice.

Put all that aside and the only other conclusion is that Dooku thought he could defeat Anakin and the Papatine would protect him if he couldn't.

jon84
Originally posted by Darth Weirdo
Who trained the Emperor in the Dark side he tells the story but does not mention the name. That would make a great movie the start of the Council and the Sith.

opps... edit!

sorry

Lazerlike42
He doesn't care. If Dooku kills Anakin, Dooku is stronger and a better ally. That's all that matters to him. Furthermore, what choice did he have? While they were fighting all it took was a fraction of a second, one thrust of the saber and Anakin would be toast. If he was that concerned about keeping Anakin alive, he would't be letting the battle go on in the first place.

Obi-wan2005
Mace is not as strong as yoda....He wanted to get anikan on his side so he had anikin kill mace so he would turn....if anikin never cut off mace's hand sideous would of just blown him to hell

Lazerlike42
Sidious tried to blow him away and found that that did not quite work.... I can't believe people are still arguing about this I can't believe it!

Darth Weirdo
Lazerlike42
I agree thats what it looked like to me. Mace killed his butt.

mtryder
Exactly. Sidious DID try to blow the hell out of Mace. However, a minor complication arose in the formof Windu's lightsaber. Dunno what movie you were watching, but in the theatrical release of revenge of the sith, Mace not only blocked the lightning with his saber, but redirected it back into Sidious' face. It took Anakin disarming Mace to allow for the opening the Palpatine needed. It was blatantly obvious.

Darth Weirdo
I do not get the master sith and the appetence thing. In Revenge of the Sith and now it complicates Return of the Jedi for me. Why was Vader helping turn Luke to the dark side. If there can only be two?

DeVi| D0do
Vader says the Emperor had foreseen Luke overthrowing him... Vader wanted Luke to become his apprentice and overthrow the Emperor. Then they would 'rule the galaxy as Father and Son'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.