naming the twins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darkjedi132
this part realy ticked me off. it looks like she names them off the top of her head! did this bother anyone else please post your thoughts. i know i cant change it, its just that i was realy dissipointed in this part.

LandoSpeeder2
um.... well, she probably had thought about it. their was a scene in the book where Anakin and Padme discussed it, but who the heck wants to see that in a star wars movie.

adamrubin
maybe she was already planning the names if it is a boy Luke if a girl Leia

Lazerlike42
Why does everyone assume that everything that characters in a movie ever do is done on-screen?

darkjedi132
yeah i guess, but it still could have been better acting on that part

Lazerlike42
acting?

randi_jedi
Yeah, I was saying that i was dissappointed in Portmans performance. THe birthing scene just didn't ring true. Don't know if anyone here has seen a woman in labor, but, well thats not it. I thought it would have been nice in a less sterile environment, they ARE on the run. Just her giving birth and maybe looking at both of them and naming them together. Luke and Leia. Just sounds better to me. Dunno. Gotta get this outta my system.

finti
and how many births have you been too?

NoFate007
I didn't take it that she just picked them out of nowhere. The way I took it, Anakin and her had already discussed it, and if they had a girl, it would be Leia, and if they had a boy, it would be Luke, so she had decided already.

randi_jedi
I have been been to 4, watched several and am currently pregnant. My husband is a paramedic and has "caught" right about 4 babies. Any more questions?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by darkjedi132
this part realy ticked me off. it looks like she names them off the top of her head! did this bother anyone else please post your thoughts. i know i cant change it, its just that i was realy dissipointed in this part.

Aside from the action the entire movie pissed me off. George brought outside writers in for this movie. george failed miserably when trying to recreate the first two star wars, and aside from the action his writers for episode 3 failed miserably.

Darth Elmo
Lets think, she is far enought along in her pregancy for her to HAVE the kids, you honestly expect me to beleave that she hadn't thought of names for them??? I know I would have!!!
Darth Elmo

mtryder
If Anakin and Padme had already discussed it, then would it have been that hard for him to figure out that Leia was his daughter? I mean, when your wife's good friend takes on an adopted daughter that just so happens to be the same age and have the same name as your lost daughter, don't the wheels of suspicion have to start in motion?

Darth Elmo
Originally posted by mtryder
If Anakin and Padme had already discussed it, then would it have been that hard for him to figure out that Leia was his daughter? I mean, when your wife's good friend takes on an adopted daughter that just so happens to be the same age and have the same name as your lost daughter, don't the wheels of suspicion have to start in motion?
LOL, good point, I never thought of that!!

spitweety
SO thrue....I was looking forward to see Padme's demise since the Summer TPM came out, I was banned from many many many boards all over the internet for being harsh about defending that Padme's death would happen ONscreen.

But after the movie, I was sad that I did not felt ANYTHING during the scene where she dies.....Basically because she names the babies WAY too quickly for me, com'ON she's about to DIE....embarrasment

Also, what bugs me a little is the angle the camera has when Luke is born...his head is as big as Padme's..... sad

I was definatly not moved during that scene I was looking forward for 6 long years....And that's sad. I guess I had too much expectations, even though I was completely spoiled.

This makes me think : what happened to the Japor Snippet shot given to Obi-Wan when she dies ???!! mad THAT would probably have a little more impact on me if it was not cut.... mad mad

I guess for all these years I had been waiting for this kind of "Victory" over the "Padme won't die camp ", I had imagined a much more dramatic and darker scene for her death...in a less sterile environment...in a ship or something... sad
Well...I guess seeing it in English with the Actor's real voice will probably add more emotions....I saw it in French for the first time ya know.... stick out tongue

Morning_Glory
Im sure she had serious thought about .. any new mother thinks and thinks about the name of her kids.. Im sure she had a boy and girl name picked out

Batman316
so she knew she was having twins then? Cause didn't seem to me like anyone else was expecting two

Delta 62
I seriously doubt Anakin and Padme had discussed what they would name the children. Think about it: He had been gone for the past 5 months, fighting in the war. He didn't even know she was pregnant. When he finally returned, he was being hounded by the Council to monitor Palpatine. Aside from that one scene where she's planning where they'll live and whatnot, they probably didn't discuss it. Anakin wasn't exactly in the mood to take the time to discuss names, as all he was concerned with was finding a way to save her life.

Most likely she decided on her own, if it's a boy, he'll be Luke. A girl, Leia. Coincidentally it was both.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Batman316
so she knew she was having twins then? Cause didn't seem to me like anyone else was expecting two

No no no.

She didn't know whether she was going to have a boy or a girl, so she had two names picked out.

jango fatt
It was a stupid droid

adele2k5
because vader thought the child/ren died with padme he didnt know that they had been hidden. more than one person can be called luke or leia it is a large galaxy

Darkside_lover
i think the droid told her how to name the kidz...<JK>

Robin Darkside
lol, it was the droids. I really wish people wouldn't pick apart this movie

padmeamidala
Originally posted by randi_jedi
Yeah, I was saying that i was dissappointed in Portmans performance. THe birthing scene just didn't ring true. Don't know if anyone here has seen a woman in labor, but, well thats not it. I thought it would have been nice in a less sterile environment, they ARE on the run. Just her giving birth and maybe looking at both of them and naming them together. Luke and Leia. Just sounds better to me. Dunno. Gotta get this outta my system.

Yes, having given birth to two children, I concur that the birth scene was completely unrealistic. Not to mention the droid says, "we have to operate quickly if we are to save the babies," and then she ends up having a vaginal, not a surgical birth... That made no sense to me. I guess we're just supposed to assume that she came to long enough to give birth. Nevertheless, I'll forgive the unnatural lying-down position and sterility (which are total fabrications of our culture) since she was about to die, you can't expect too much I guess..

Bardock42
Actually I found that part rather disturbing to...I don't try to think aboot it to much

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.