Pick a team of 5 comic book chars; not celestials, gods, thanos; who would you pick?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

teddygreen17
I am new and with limited comics powers but here goes

1. New Sun
2. Exodus
3. Carnage
4. Dr Doom
5. Cable

whirlysplat
Krona (At JLA/Avengers level)
Gog(At Kingdom level)
Antimoniter
The Doctor (Authority)
Jonny Bates (The Enemy from Miracleman)

Bialaska
Does Eternals and Asgardians count as Gods in this thread?

teddygreen17
yes, just your average marvel peeps, no high powers;

Obviosly, GOG is a high power!

whirlysplat
big grin The high powers I picked are not any of those big grinOriginally posted by teddygreen17

teddygreen17
OK what I meant was no one above the power level above Thanos, not including Thanos himself. For example, a good pick would be Darkseid.

whirlysplat
Your very young aren't you big grinOriginally posted by teddygreen17
OK what I meant was no one above the power level above Thanos, not including Thanos himself. For example, a good pick would be Darkseid.

IRTMU-Dragon
Uhh? No one above Thanos and you said except thanos, then said darkseid is fine?

whirlysplat
Gog is the third strongest in that list teddy, Two are as powerful as Galactus at least.

Originally posted by whirlysplat
Your very young aren't you big grin

armandovalles
Mine would be:
1) Captain Marvel (Shazam) at Kingdom Come level.
2) Hyperion at Exiles: Timebreakers level.
3) The Thing at Exiles: Fantastic Voyage level.
4) Apocalypse at Ultimate X-Men: The Tempest level.
5) Kryptonian at Superman/FF Crossover level.

BENITO
SPAWN
Silver SURFER
GOHAN
IRON MAN
Ghost rider

Bialaska
Originally posted by teddygreen17

I seriously think you should have limited it some more than that. Exodus is definitely not one of the average Marvel peeps.

As for my own list, it would probably look something like this:

Elixir (Healer)
Binary or Sersi (Energy Manipulators)
Professor X (Telepath)
Quicksilver or Makkari (Speedster)
She-Hulk or Thor (Brute force)

Sersi and Makkari are both Eternals and Thor is an Asgardian, so therefore they have others replacements, should those three be outlawed.

The team leader is Professor Xavier. He makes sure to keep opposing telepaths busy and he coordinates the actions of the others in the team. He has a little low level telekinesis, which he may be using on Elixir.

Thor (or the She-Hulk) is the strong guy/girl. Sure Thor has some other abilities, but his primary function is to beat things up with his hammer. She-Hulk doesn't have anything else than her strength. Hulk was also considered here, but he just is too unpredictable at times.

Binary or Sersi are both manipulators of virtually any energy and they can both deliver one punch if needed. Their primary purpose is to deal out some serious ranged damage in energy forms that others are vulnerable to. If Sersi's on the team, then she can transform people to pigs and several other sweet tricks.

Quicksilver or Makkari are on the team for the purpose of being speedster. He'll prevent all attacks from other speedsters to the best of his capability and if there are no other speedsters, he will of course take advantage of this.

The last part of the team is Elixir. I guess other people would perhaps have taken others, but Elixir does have this nifty power that he can resurrect dead people and even himself. So the rest of the team simply stays near him and he'll get them up when they go down. And if any take him out, the others on his team just has to put his hands on himself and he'll bounce up, ready for more action.

A note about this team is that it's a team based more on versatility than the actual power of the characters, as we're talking about a team. 5 characters with the same type of powers may dominate in one area, but there's always weaknesses to exploit.

Kento
Michaelangelo
Nightwing
Deadpool
Impulse
Superboy

Never said they had to be able to beat any high level beings.

kgkg
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Krona (At JLA/Avengers level)
Gog(At Kingdom level)
Antimoniter
The Doctor (Authority)
Jonny Bates (The Enemy from Miracleman)
Anti MOniter > Celestials etc wink

whirlysplat
Originally posted by kgkg
Anti MOniter > Celestials etc wink

smile

Tony Stark
cool

1. Silver Surfer 616
2. Spikey THING
3. Dr. Strange 616
4. Iron Man 616
5. Gladiator 616

cool

GalacticStorm
Silver Surfer
Phoenix
Dr Strange
Gladiator
Darkseid

Ok is that better KG lol

kgkg
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Silver Surfer
Phoenix
Dr Strange
Gladiator
Iron Man
good team except for Iron Man

Tony Stark
good team except for Iron Man

cool Brains (Technologies, Inventions), Money (Straight CASH homie) , and Power (Secretary of Defense) along w/THOR Buster (Odin stone), HULK Buster...

What else do you want?

kgkg
Originally posted by Tony Stark
cool Brains (Technologies, Inventions), Money (Straight CASH homie) , and Power (Secretary of Defense) along w/THOR Buster (Odin stone), HULK Buster...

What else do you want?
I take that back Tony Stark big grin , I rather have Thor tho

No disrespect to Iron Man

IRTMU-Dragon
UHMMM... Is... Batman an option, because sometimes he has god powers... ive seen it!

Tony Stark
I take that back Tony Stark big grin , I rather have Thor tho

No disrespect to Iron Man

No disrespect taken but thread is without Gods...

cool

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Tony Stark
cool

1. Silver Surfer 616
2. Spikey THING
3. Dr. Strange 616
4. Iron Man 616
5. Gladiator 616

cool

cool I'm sorry But, I've got to make an adjustment to my 5 characters. Ben's my boy and all but...

1. Silver Surfer 616
2. Sentry 616
3. Dr. Strange 616
4. Iron Man 616
5. Gladiator 616

Happy Dance

JRW
1. Darkstar (Ummm.... i just like her power soft of like sue mixed with jean)
2. Juggernaut (Strength)
3. Magneto (leader and way powerful)
4. Silver Surfer (Power)
5. Psi-Lord (Mind Powers)

teddygreen17
Thank you for your replies; sorry I may have been a little vague but I am new and trying to get my size 13 in the door. By the way kgkg has a very good team.

Now, of all these teams who's would win?
kgkg, teddygreen17, kento, etc.

Quick Freeze
1. Dark Claw (Amalgam)
2. Superman w/ the Power Cosmic (as seen in the Fantastic Four/ Superman crossover)
3. Spawn
4. Hellboy
5. Dr. Strange

Quick Freeze
Thank you for your replies; sorry I may have been a little vague but I am new and trying to get my size 13 in the door. By the way kgkg has a very good team.

kgkg, teddygreen17, kento, etc.

i'd say, hmmmm, yes--my team owns all

armandovalles
1) Ion (Kyle Rayner)
2) King Hyperion (from the Exiles)
3) Gladiator
4) Apocalypse (616)
5) Quasar

armandovalles
and Superman by the way when he had the power cosmic he was called the KRYPTONIAN.

Quick Freeze
are you sure? i think that's just the nickname we gave him. . .

Cosmic Cube
Reed Richards
Benjamin Grimm
Johnny Storm
Sue Richards
Jennifer Walters

The Fantastic Five

Is this a fight thread?

Kento

kgkg, teddygreen17, kento, etc. shifty My martial art team owns them all... big grin I mean its not as if I'm bias for my own team or anything.

armandovalles
Originally posted by Quick Freeze

no that's the actual name Galactus gave him when he gave him the power cosmic. I have the book.

Quick Freeze
i think that's just how he refers to him. you know, instead of saying "the white guy" or "the american" he just refers to him as the kryptonian. . .

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Quick Freeze

No, it is a nickname we gave him. Galactus only called him the Kryptonian because he doesn't address people by their names, just their race.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by armandovalles
no that's the actual name Galactus gave him when he gave him the power cosmic. I have the book.

Galactus never says, "You shall be called the Kryptonian," or anything to that effect. He calls him a Kryptonian because he is one.

Quick Freeze
yeah that's what i thought! he doesnt have an official name that im aware of, he's just freakin sweet.

seaapple
-Silver Surfer (cold alien being with a noble heart and ill-fated love)

-Moon Knight (a cool mysterious costume and good writing and art in his first series)

-Black Manta (one of the most cold hearted villains with a socially conscious edge + underwater is a great setting for comics)

-Cloak (another mysterious, cool looking character with interesting powers)

-Mantis (the Celestial Madonna--she is a character who makes a connection to nature and plants actually cool)

armandovalles
oh well.

Darth Macabre
Rogue
Gambit-powers unlocked
The flash- Wally West
Magneto
The Hulk

Unbeatable right there: I mean you have rogue who can brawl, and steal your powers.

Gambit who, with his powers unlocked, can kill you with just a thought.

The Flash could carry rogue close enough to anybody for her to steal there powers.

Magneto can use almost anything on earth as a weapon.

The hulk is pure muscle on this team, if they need it hes got it.

Wynndar
Man this is hard to pick a team

hoorayforpeepee
ambrose chase (planetary)
exodus (pre neutering)
the flash (wally west)
gladiator...

ah, i give up. the problem with these lists is between the eternals and the elders, you have people who can do anything better than anyone under skyfather level.

FieryBalrog
The Bayville Sirens big grin

-Phoenix (Jean Grey)
-Storm (Ororo Munroe)
-Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
-Invisible Woman (Sue Storm)
-Polaris (Lorna Dane)

BobbyD
Fun thread, but ....ahhh, confusing to the max!! Uhhhh, no...ummm...okay, okay....

Thor
Superman
SS
Dr. Doom
(and anyone who can protect Supes' vulnerability to kryptonite)...a good spellcaster/telepath would do the trick

Actually, Doom would hate this team because he's surrounded by goody-goodies, but he's just too cool...gotta have him in there.

Paola
as soon as this thread turns into a battle, let me know and I'll re-open it for you.

Of course, it will be hard 'cause nobody would be able to post in here anymore dontknow

Oh well...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.