alpha flight vs x men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dominic/wolf
alpha flight
gaurdian
vindicator
sasqutach
shaman
northstar
aurora
puck
snowbird

x men
cyclops
jean grey
collosus
gambit
wolverine
nightcrawler

who will win

LordFear
If I recall. When Logan defected from them. AF weren't please at all especially Vindicator and he had the team track and attempt to apprehend Logan for assimilation. Logan ripped through the entire team without much sweat and still was holding back.
Xmen would piss on their canadian counterparts.

stormfront13
the teams are uneven, the x-men are down a couple players, but they have jean grey who manifests the phoenix force so the x-men win.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by LordFear
If I recall. When Logan defected from them. AF weren't please at all especially Vindicator and he had the team track and attempt to apprehend Logan for assimilation. Logan ripped through the entire team without much sweat and still was holding back.
Xmen would piss on their canadian counterparts.

Once again wolverine is written above his abilities and Alpha Flight are written below their abilities in order to appeal to the masses.

I hate when Marvel takes the time to come up with characters, backsotries and powers only to have it all be irrelivant in order to put forth a popular storyline or pad a characters win/loss record.

Alpha Flight are a great team, they'll never be written that way when they have to face the X-men or any other team because that is not what the public wants to see. I doubt Wolverine could take out Guardian or Vindicator so easily never mind the whole team (Now the wolvie fans will flame me, but who cares). Alpha flight fought alongside wolverine for years plus they have tonnes of background info on them. Any intelligent writer would have thought that out.
As for the fight proposed, it would be a whole lot closer than most people think, especially since you've included shaman and you've given a numbers advantage to alpha flight.

And does anyone have the info behind this issue:

GalacticStorm
yeah. basically alpha flight attempted to capture wolverine because the canandian government were angry at how he'd joined the xmen after theyd invested so much money into training him. Shaman summoned a mystical storm which contnually cut off the xmens jet and eventually forced them to land in calgary. In the issue the xmen faced off against AF team and were losing at first because AF had superior team work. The Xmen got it together in the end and started winning. However the battle was cut short when the storm shaman had summoned blew out of control and went crazy because of shamans amateur tamperings. Storm had to save the day by dispersing the weather pattern over the atlantic. The storm was huge so the effort exhausted her. Northstar saw this as an oppurtunity to attack who he saw was clearly the most powerful xman. He knocked her out from behind. Cyclops angered by this especially after storm had just saved everyones lives shot him down and was about to lay into him, when wolverine not wanting any casualties on either side gave himself in. AF took him away, however wolverine escaped from the back of the truck as they were driving off and rejoined the xmen.

In my opinion the Xmen take this. Especially with Jean on the team. I assume you mean without her manifesting the phoenix, but even minus the phoenix she was still extremely powerful.

KharmaDog
Thanx.

JRW
x-men

dominic/wolf
my bad i ment to add rouge and storm to x

mr.smiley
xmen!

BENITO
The X-men Jean telepathy big advantage

LordFear
Sorry but almost unanimous decision here.
AF they still have some issues and they are not developed as a character stand alone or team.Maybe if you said Excalibur or Xfactor team

FieryBalrog
x-men.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.