Gilgamesh vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Gilgamesh
(frogotten One)

vs.

Thanos
(Mad Titan)

Bialaska
That's a tough one.

In sheer power I think Gilgamesh is stronger, but Thanos has this whole Complete Immunity to Death thing going on. I think Gilgamesh would kill Thanos 20 times only to see him return, before Thanos delivers the lucky blow.

whirlysplat
Well Gilgamesh is blind got defeated by the lava mens pet monster. Thanos owns him.big grin

who?-kid
When Gilgamesh became a member of the Avengers years ago, I just couldn't take him seriously : he wore the stupidest helmet ever, and he always was so extremely serious : compared to him, Thor is a jive-talking and fun-loving wiseguy.

Oh, by the way : Gilgamesh => strong, tough and not the brightest candle in the Marvel universe. Very one-dimensional.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Bialaska
That's a tough one.

In sheer power I think Gilgamesh is stronger, but Thanos has this whole Complete Immunity to Death thing going on. I think Gilgamesh would kill Thanos 20 times only to see him return, before Thanos delivers the lucky blow.

I'm with you on this one Bialaska. Really Gilgamesh is thanos but on earth and just as powerful, he has been fighting longer then thanos like thanos he can increase his abilities in addition he can increase his metabolism so he can't get tired at all. It can go 50/50 only person to defeat gilgamesh in h2h combat was Thor and it took a lot out of Thor to defeat him. If Gilgamesh is in the right state of mind and focus he will f**k up thanos because at times thanos can be to arrogant for his own good.

who?-kid
Thanos > Thor > Gilgamesh

whirlysplat
they are so whack, I agree Gilgamesh was a poor mans Hercules.

Originally posted by who?-kid
Thanos > Thor > Gilgamesh

LordFear
Man I dunno. The forgotten one is the man you call upon when shit has gone to hell in a hand basket and nobody can get the job done.
But Thanos is my favorite villain of them all so thsi tips the scale solely because on fanboyism this time.
"Thanos reign"

Khellendros
Gilgamesh is a pimp. He tore apart a bomb designed to take out the fuggin CELESTIALS. And Thor beat Gilgamesh through luck, nothing more. Having said all that, Thanos is too much for any top tier hero (the top tier being Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer, etc.) one on one, even the Forgotten One. His enhancements make him stronger, he wields more cosmic energy, and there's that whole immortal thing. If Odin couldn't kill Thanos, Gilgamesh is getting knocked back to Earth.

whirlysplat
It didn't look like luck to me big grin Originally posted by Khellendros
Gilgamesh is a pimp. He tore apart a bomb designed to take out the fuggin CELESTIALS. And Thor beat Gilgamesh through luck, nothing more. Having said all that, Thanos is too much for any top tier hero (the top tier being Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer, etc.) one on one, even the Forgotten One. His enhancements make him stronger, he wields more cosmic energy, and there's that whole immortal thing. If Odin couldn't kill Thanos, Gilgamesh is getting knocked back to Earth.

Khellendros
Originally posted by whirlysplat
It didn't look like luck to me big grin
He paused to try and pick up Thor's hammer, not knowing he couldn't, and Thor hammered him. Gilgamesh's ignorance was Thor's good luck.

whirlysplat
And when they both returned to Olympus and Ikaris is fighting with Mars he says "my strength may not be as great as Thor or even the Forgotten one", implying he thinks Thor is stronger.Originally posted by Khellendros
He paused to try and pick up Thor's hammer, not knowing he couldn't, and Thor hammered him. Gilgamesh's ignorance was Thor's good luck.

Khellendros
Originally posted by whirlysplat
And when they both returned to Olympus and Ikaris is fighting with Mars he says "my strength may not be as great as Thor or even the Forgotten one", implying he thinks Thor is stronger.
...Wow. That is REALLY flimsy proof.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Khellendros
...Wow. That is REALLY flimsy proof.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes it is but, Thor beat him, Ikaris rate Thor higher and the Lava mens monster put him in a coma, oh and he was forgotten, even by his own people
big grin

Khellendros
Well, whatever, this is Gilgamesh versus Thanos and we both agree Thanos kicks his ass.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Khellendros
Well, whatever, this is Gilgamesh versus Thanos and we both agree Thanos kicks his ass.

Nice to see someone else has read pre Thor 300

big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.