X-men vs Justice League

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hulk Power
The justice league and the X-men (also Morph is in this fight teamed up with the X-men). Who do you think will win? cool

pr1983
jla... no explanation neccessary...

JRW
X-Men... no explanation neccessary...

stormfront13
which teams for both sides?

pr1983
Originally posted by JRW
X-Men... no explanation neccessary...

stick out tongue

the x-men can take it if the jla dont have: supes, flash, ww, gl and mm...

stormfront13
well the x-men usually have phoenix on their side as well, but that is their only way of winning

Pepito
The average team of xmen lose but their high powered one with Cable and Psylocke and thunderbird and Colossus and Rogue and Phoenix plus all the weaker Xmen will win. JLA and especially Superman are overrated

pr1983
Originally posted by Pepito
The average team of xmen lose but their high powered one with Cable and Psylocke and thunderbird and Colossus and Rogue and Phoenix plus all the weaker Xmen will win. JLA and especially Superman are overrated

colossus and rogue would be slaughtered...

psylocke wont do much...

thunderbird?

Pepito
Yes because class 100 strength and near indestructible metal skin makes a hero so vulnerable. Rogue is also powered with every person she absorbed now.

stormfront13
well thunderbird might be useful but he'll go down just like everyone else. and pepito those aren't the most powerful x-men

pr1983
Originally posted by Pepito
Yes because class 100 strength and near indestructible metal skin makes a hero so vulnerable. Rogue is also powered with every person she absorbed now.

superman and ww could take them easily...

and colossus right now is pretty high on the list...

stormfront13
i thought rogue lost that upgrade. but it'd be pretty hard for them to take down the rogue that could use the powers of every person she ever absorbed

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
i thought rogue lost that upgrade. but it'd be pretty hard for them to take down the rogue that could use the powers of every person she ever absorbed

superman, ww and flash are still faster than rogue, no matter what abilities she has...

stormfront13
yueah but she has absorbed jean, and scarlet witch , so she might be able to manifest phoenix

pr1983
yueah but she has absorbed jean, and scarlet witch , so she might be able to manifest phoenix

well if its phoenix then x-men win...

though what does wanda have to do with the phoenix?

stormfront13
oh lol i didn't finish, she could set the fight in the x-mens favor as well as maybe manipulate matter. idk maybe if she flies up and sees flash running maybe she could cause his leg to break or something. and she has also absorbed thor and hulk as well as captain america

pr1983
oh lol i didn't finish, she could set the fight in the x-mens favor as well as maybe manipulate matter. idk maybe if she flies up and sees flash running maybe she could cause his leg to break or something. and she has also absorbed thor and hulk as well as captain america

well flash is protected by the speeforce, so i dont know if she can affect him...

rogue with all her powers is still just one person... against a green lantern, superman, wonder woman and martian manhunter she's dead... even thor and hulk cant beat those four...

captain america? not really much is it...

Jason8200
Ok besides Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Batman, the Atom, Firestorm, and Oracle.... the JLA also has other members like Big Barda, Orion, Steel, Zauriel, Aquaman, the Huntress, Green Arrow, and Tomorrow Woman and there are tons more if you include Justice League International and Justice League Europe.

Now the current X-Men lineup includes: Rogue, Gambit, Colosus, Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix (kinda) and Iceman. Then you have all of the new X-Men and then the Astonishing X-Men titles.

What I am getting at is whoever created this post... make rosters for each. It will be a lot easier for everyone to discuss and make an arguement.

stormfront13
his fighting skills and leadership capabilities. and she's not alone, and she has also absorbed destiny allowing her to know of any attack before it happens. she has absorbed both jean grey and xavier making her a match for martain manhunter in the psionic department. she absorbed shadowcat allowing her to phase. she absorbed hulk allowing her to get stronger. she absorbed rachel grey while she was phoenix. she absorbed bishop allowing her to absorb any energy thrown at her. she absorbed joseph and magneto making her very powerful with magnetics. she absorbed nightcrawler and spiderman and northstar so she has the spider sense allowing her to teleport out of danger or fly out of it. she absorbed iceman. she absorbed celia allowing her to have more protection. she absorbed temptress giving her vast magical abilities. she absorbed cloak so she can end people into the drak dimension, and she absorbed dagger allowing her to drain the light out of people. she absorbed colossus so she is even more durable. she absorbed wolverine giving her a healign factor. sje absorbed crarlet witch and longshot so she can turn the fight in favor of the x-men and alter reality. she absorbed wolverine so she can have bone claws and a healing factor. she has also absorbed storm giving her coltrol over the weather. if this rogue is allowed she will be tough to take down. and combine this rogue with maybe jean grey, the x-men definitley have a chance of winning

mr.smiley
I say xmen,but it would be an awesome all out fight.

Bialaska
I'd say that if Rogue starts out by putting her hands on Professor X or has Professor X take control over Flash, then the fight definitely is won by X-men.

X dominates Flash to run over to and stop in front of Rogue... Rogue puts her hands on him... Poor Flash is knocked out...

0.0000000003 microsecond later Rogue has had her hands on all JLA members, leaving them fatigued and her with more power than them all...

pr1983
his fighting skills and leadership capabilities.

still not going to mean much when the fight can be over in mere seconds...

not when your opponent moves faster than thought...

if she has the time to challenge him...

stil no use against enemies infinitely faster than her...

superman is stronger...

we're giving her phoenix powers now?

even bishop has a limit...

still not fast enough to dodge a speedblitz...

he knows f*ck all about his own powers, and she'll be just as bad...

from someone like superman or wonder woman? no...

still no good against the green lantern (and again someone(superman, flash) who moves faster than thought)...

still doesnt compare to superman...

she got wandas upgrade too?

absolutely no use whatsoever...

no good when you opponent moves faster than thought...

jean on her own in her current form would do it, without her the x-men are going down...

the jla are way out of the x-mens league...

stormfront13
what are you talking about? it will take more than one punch to put down this rogue. those aren't all the people that she has absorbed, just the ones from the top of my head. it'll take more than one punch from the flash to put down rogue. it took superman a lot just to put down the hulk and she has the hulk inside her combined with a lot more derability and more powers.

pr1983
what are you talking about? it will take more than one punch to put down this rogue. those aren't all the people that she has absorbed, just the ones from the top of my head. it'll take more than one punch from the flash to put down rogue. it took superman a lot just to put down the hulk and she has the hulk inside her combined with a lot more derability and more powers.

she cant combine them all at the same time, the mental feedback would kill her...

superman is stronger than base level hulk, he'd squash rogue...

the flash would put her down... or he could always do his famed "vibration to make her explode" thing...

FieryBalrog
unfortunately, rogue does not have that power right now. In fact, she doesnt even have superstrength and flight. So we can all stop arguing about how great rogue would be if she had all the people she ever absorbed stick out tongue

leonidas
<<jean on her own in her current form would do it, without her the x-men are going down...
the jla are way out of the x-mens league...>.

'fraid i pretty have to agree with this . . . jla is a collection of the greatest/most powerful heroes in all of dc. AND they work brilliantly as a team. would ANY of the xmen make the list (phoenix aside) for a top 10 list of the greatest/most powerful heroes in marvel? charlie would, but would any of the others . . .?

jla all the way unless phoenix is the ringer.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by leonidas
<<jean on her own in her current form would do it, without her the x-men are going down...
the jla are way out of the x-mens league...>.

'fraid i pretty have to agree with this . . . jla is a collection of the greatest/most powerful heroes in all of dc. AND they work brilliantly as a team. would ANY of the xmen make the list (phoenix aside) for a top 10 list of the greatest/most powerful heroes in marvel? charlie would, but would any of the others . . .?

jla all the way unless phoenix is the ringer.

yea its a really lopsided match either way... jean without manifesting phoenix, easy JLA win in about 3 seconds... jean manifesting the phoenix, x-men win easily.

leonidas
<<yea its a really lopsided match either way... jean without manifesting phoenix, easy JLA win in about 3 seconds... jean manifesting the phoenix, x-men win easily.>>

agreed. be interesting to see jla tackle phoenix though. if she has full command, it's a slaughter, but if she's only got a portion that might be more interesting considering how strong mm and am are in the mental department . . .

pr1983
the jla are dc's avengers... the best of the best... and who would be marvels top ten heroes?(excluding celestials and high cosmic?)

surfer, thor, hulk, strange, charlie, jean (with phoenix), iron man, sue... who else?

FieryBalrog
<<yea its a really lopsided match either way... jean without manifesting phoenix, easy JLA win in about 3 seconds... jean manifesting the phoenix, x-men win easily.>>

agreed. be interesting to see jla tackle phoenix though. if she has full command, it's a slaughter, but if she's only got a portion that might be more interesting considering how strong mm and am are in the mental department . . .

well.. it depends on her mental state and whether or not she allows herself to die... at certain times she simply can't be killed (like in endsong where wolverine "kills" her about 10 times, or in new x-men when she resurrects in the sun). Her powers are limited by her subconscious and the situation. If the x-men are in danger, she rises to the occasion.

DarkCrawler
Oh, if it is all the members of the JLA VS all the members of X-Men, the X-Men are screwed.

Why?

One word: Spectre.

Also: Dr. Fate, all the Green Laterns, Zauriel, Superman, MM, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash(es).

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Oh, if it is all the members of the JLA VS all the members of X-Men, the X-Men are screwed.

Why?

One word: Spectre.

Also: Dr. Fate, all the Green Laterns, Zauriel, Superman, MM, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash(es).

Spectre isn't a regular member of the team though. I thought that was more of a one-time thing with Hal, although I'm not sure exactly how it is...

leonidas
hmm, maybe:

thor
hulk
ironman
surfer
strange
charlie
captain america
spidey
sue
scarlet witch (current?)

i left jean/phoenix out of it, but it depends on her level of control. it's really hard finding marvel females that make the list, and i'm sure i've left out others. guys like black bolt and the eternals i discounted because part of the popularity of the jla is that the characters ARE popular - for the most part the most popular characters in dc. so i think popularity of characters should play a part in picking the team. my 10 v

superman
martian manhunter
wonder woman
aquaman
batman
green lantern
flash
captain marvel (a long time member at one point)
dr. fate
plastic man (one of personal faves though perhaps not the greatest pick!)

now if THOSE 2 teams squared off, THAT would be a battle . . .

pr1983
hmm, maybe:

thor
hulk
ironman
surfer
strange
charlie
captain america
spidey
sue
scarlet witch (current?)

i left jean/phoenix out of it, but it depends on her level of control. it's really hard finding marvel females that make the list, and i'm sure i've left out others. guys like black bolt and the eternals i discounted because part of the popularity of the jla is that the characters ARE popular - for the most part the most popular characters in dc. so i think popularity of characters should play a part in picking the team. my 10 v

superman
martian manhunter
wonder woman
aquaman
batman
green lantern
flash
dr. fate

i'd buy that comic...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
Spectre isn't a regular member of the team though. I thought that was more of a one-time thing with Hal, although I'm not sure exactly how it is...

He is actually an honorary member of JLA. That counts him as member, right?

leonidas
hahah. yah, me too.

FieryBalrog
hmm, maybe:

thor
hulk
ironman
surfer
strange
charlie
captain america
spidey
sue
scarlet witch (current?)

superman
martian manhunter
wonder woman
aquaman
batman
green lantern
flash
dr. fate

captain america? you mean a less smart version of batman? stick out tongue

My personal pick, based on popularity and power:

Thor
Hulk
Spiderman
Wolverine
Jean/Phoenix
Storm
Invisible Woman
Iron Man
Dr. Strange
Silver Surfer

Prof. X is useless when Jean can walk and telekinetize. stick out tongue

I think this team could take JLA, while having plenty of popular characters.

8bitChris
You guys are forgetting how ridiculously powerful telepaths are in Marvel. The X-men do have that advantage working to their side when fighting the JLA. Phoenix, Phoenix II/Marvel Girl aka Rachel, Professor X, White Queen, Cable with his virus in check uber powerful, etc...They could turn off a lot of the weaker JLA members brains easily (I'm not calling Batman weak, but if the X-men hit him with a telepathic assault it's endgame for him), and the others not so easily.

Not to mention that Iceman is one of the most powerful mutants in Marvel right now, and he's still not as good as he could be. I've seen him litterally freeze someone's blood with just a thought, absorb a river to become a giant. Use your imagination, there are plenty of icey ways to die.

Lorna has been upgraded in power. She may be a poor man's Magneto, but even then she is still a very formidable force.

If Batman brings any electrical equipment Shadowcat will screw it up. She'd be the hardest to hit. I do not know who could hit her unless she was taken by surprise it'd have to be a mental assault.

Storm can make things miserable for any enemy as long she keeps a safe distance.

The X-men fight very well as a team, especially when Cyclops is on the battlefield.

However, if JLA surprises X-men i'd see them winning easily from the speed advantage. If X-men, surprise the JLA then I think their telepathic capabilities are too overpowering. The X-men would win easily.

I admit I know a lot more about the X-men than I do about the JLA, but i'd still give the X-men a fighting chance. I think it could go either way if each side knows the fight is coming. That'd give the X-men enough time to get all their little shields and the telekinetic things ready for the onslaught of JLA speed.

With prep time? Well, the X-men don't really use a lot of machinery, they rely on their powers mostly. So i'm inclined to think the JLA takes it with prep time and knowledge of the others.

8bitChris
We've all seen the Superman under someone elses mind control storyline about a million times as well.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by 8bitChris
You guys are forgetting how ridiculously powerful telepaths are in Marvel. The X-men do have that advantage working to their side when fighting the JLA. Phoenix, Phoenix II/Marvel Girl aka Rachel, Professor X, White Queen, Cable with his virus in check uber powerful, etc...They could turn off a lot of the weaker JLA members brains easily (I'm not calling Batman weak, but if the X-men hit him with a telepathic assault it's endgame for him), and the others not so easily.

Not to mention that Iceman is one of the most powerful mutants in Marvel right now, and he's still not as good as he could be. I've seen him litterally freeze someone's blood with just a thought, absorb a river to become a giant. Use your imagination, there are plenty of icey ways to die.

Lorna has been upgraded in power. She may be a poor man's Magneto, but even then she is still a very formidable force.

If Batman brings any electrical equipment Shadowcat will screw it up. She'd be the hardest to hit. I do not know who could hit her unless she was taken by surprise it'd have to be a mental assault.

Storm can make things miserable for any enemy as long she keeps a safe distance.

The X-men fight very well as a team, especially when Cyclops is on the battlefield.

However, if JLA surprises X-men i'd see them winning easily from the speed advantage. If X-men, surprise the JLA then I think their telepathic capabilities are too overpowering. The X-men would win easily.

I admit I know a lot more about the X-men than I do about the JLA, but i'd still give the X-men a fighting chance. I think it could go either way if each side knows the fight is coming. That'd give the X-men enough time to get all their little shields and the telekinetic things ready for the onslaught of JLA speed.

With prep time? Well, the X-men don't really use a lot of machinery, they rely on their powers mostly. So i'm inclined to think the JLA takes it with prep time and knowledge of the others.

the thing is, most of the telepaths are easily taken out in less than the blink of an eye by people like Flash and Superman. The X-men have ridiculously powerful telepaths, the JLA have ridiculously powerful speed levels and a super powerful telepath too (MM). Thats why the JLA win unless Jean is manifesting the Phoenix.

8bitChris
X-men versus current Avengers?

X-men, easily.

8bitChris
Can the Flash fly? Because if he can't, I don't see him taking out Cable or Rachel. I can see them neutralizing him fairly quickly.

And with Rachel and Cable's power levels, I think it'd take Superman more than one attack to take out their TK shields. Cable went toe to toe with Silver Surfer in his most powerful form. And Rachel even held off Galactus.

Like I said, if they both knew a fight was coming. It could go either way. If either suprised the the other, the one who did the surprising would most likely win. Prep time? I'm giving it to the JLA.

MM is a powerful telepath. But MM does not = Phoenix II, Cable, Professor X, and White Queen. The only one of those without a reasonable defense would be Prof X. And even then, the other X-men would shield him if he were on the battlefield.

DarkCrawler
Can the Flash fly? Because if he can't, I don't see him taking out Cable or Rachel. I can see them neutralizing him fairly quickly.

No, but Superman can fly.

mr.smiley
iceman could do enough to beat,or at least hold off flash

FieryBalrog

And with Rachel and Cable's power levels, I think it'd take Superman more than one attack to take out their TK shields. Cable went toe to toe with Silver Surfer in his most powerful form. And Rachel even held off Galactus.

Like I said, if they both knew a fight was coming. It could go either way. If either suprised the the other, the one who did the surprising would most likely win. Prep time? I'm giving it to the JLA.

MM is a powerful telepath. But MM does not = Phoenix II, Cable, Professor X, and White Queen. The only one of those without a reasonable defense would be Prof X. And even then, the other X-men would shield him if he were on the battlefield.

Rachel held off Galactus when her mom was dead/recuperating and she was the Phoenix avatar. Her current power level is nowhere near that, she only has a fraction of the phoenix power.

Cable isn't in god-like mode anymore either. Hes also not on any of the x-teams.

And Superman can disable the telepaths if he goes fast enough.

I'm not sure. But I still think JLA win pretty easy against any current lineup of X-men.

Jason8200
I dont understand how you all think that the X-Men who have one or two mutant genes that make them the way they are... could possibly take down the best Superhero team ever. Ok Colosus is invulnerable... everyone else is vulnerable. GLs ring allows him to fend off psychic attacks. Martian Manhunter will also be immune to them. The JLA will straight over power them. With multiple people with class 100 strength and higher... everyone of them has multiple powers and not a genetic defect. Alot of you all are picking Thor, Hulk, Sue Richards, Ironman, Dr. Strange.... none of them have ever been X-Men.

I think this thread should be the Titans vs. X-Men. Thats a more fair fight.

cool_livi_101
Definetly Justice Leauge!

8bitChris
I think the JLA wins pretty easily against any current lineup of anything.

Which is why I don't like reading DC.

The X-men were designed to be a team. Their powers support each other.

The JLA is just a bunch of super gods who decided to hook up and play with each other.

Bialaska
I'd say that if JLA is DC's Avengers, then Marvel's Avengers should also use the members they have had over time. But unlike JLA, who seems to simply stack more power on the members, then Avengers seem to get rid of the most overpowered characters (with the notable exception of Thor). So I don't really think they can be compared.

Swanky-Tuna
she has absorbed both jean grey and xavier making her a match for martain manhunter in the psionic department
No she won't. You mentioned earlier about Emma saying telepathy was based more on skill and technique rather than power.

Dizzle
Everyone is forgetting Zatanna. She has no limits to her power whatsoever, so she could make a giant shield over the entire X-Men team and instantly nullify their powers. (anyone who doesn't get what/who I'm referring to, please don't comment)

Anyhoo, if Shadowcat's gonna be so impossible to hit, I give you the Martian Manhunter. Phasing with telepathy, superstrength, flight, shapeshifting, etc.

And for the record, Surfer beat the crap out of God-Cable.

Plenty of powerful JLA members can resist telepathy... The X-Men ones aren't really that hard to take out. And could any of them even do anything to people they can't see?

Also, the main members of the JLA work very well together.

stormfront13
swanky when rogue absorbs someone she gets their memory's and stuff like that she will know how to defend, and she isn't the only telepath there. how do you think she can always use the powers she absorbs right away

FieryBalrog
swanky when rogue absorbs someone she gets their memory's and stuff like that she will know how to defend, and she isn't the only telepath there. how do you think she can always use the powers she absorbs right away

rogue loses her absorbed powers after a bit.... and she doesnt use her absorbed powers as easily as the people who she absorbs them from.

FieryBalrog
I think the JLA wins pretty easily against any current lineup of anything.

Which is why I don't like reading DC.

The X-men were designed to be a team. Their powers support each other.

The JLA is just a bunch of super gods who decided to hook up and play with each other.

a bunch of super gods + batman big grin

I agree. Its why the JLA takes on cosmic threats and the X-men take on Apocalypse.

stormfront13
no, i know but she always uses them right after she absorbs them. but this prolly isn't the version of this rogue anyway

Jason8200
A few genetic problems are not going to give them the edge to take on the JLA. The X-Men fight together at all times. They have their hands full with Toad much less the entire JLA.

pr1983
no, i know but she always uses them right after she absorbs them. but this prolly isn't the version of this rogue anyway

no, any rogue doesnt have mastery of the powers she absorbs...

stormfront13
even the people she absorbs don't have mastery over their powers, i never said she had mastered them, i said that she knows how to use them because she absorbs their knowlege and memories, this is why she can use them after she absorbs them

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Jason8200
A few genetic problems are not going to give them the edge to take on the JLA. The X-Men fight together at all times. They have their hands full with Toad much less the entire JLA.

they have their hands full with toad? roll eyes (sarcastic) I smell a Marvel-hater.

one of those "genetic problems" has saved the entire multiverse. so ha! big grin

pr1983
even the people she absorbs don't have mastery over their powers, i never said she had mastered them, i said that she knows how to use them because she absorbs their knowlege and memories, this is why she can use them after she absorbs them

but not as well as the original user...

Jason8200
Nah I was joking... I like the X-Men but there is no way that they can beat the JLA. Unless Phoenix is there. But she is not a constant member... so if she is able to be used I think the Spectre should be able to be used.

FieryBalrog
Nah I was joking... I like the X-Men but there is no way that they can beat the JLA. Unless Phoenix is there. But she is not a constant member... so if she is able to be used I think the Spectre should be able to be used.

she is a constant member. Shes just "dead" right now, recuperating in the white hot room. Although youre right, Jean doesnt always manifest the phoenix. She does it as needed by the universe.

stormfront13
yeah i know not as good, but she can still use it

Jason8200
well the X-Men fighting the JLA is not going to be a matter that requires the PF to manifest itself.

pr1983
yeah i know not as good, but she can still use it

not effectively against the jla...

Cosmic Cube

Phoenix isn't a constant member? What the f**k? She's been an X-Man since the start.

However, she shouldn't be in this fight. It would make it completely unwinnable for the JLA. Unlike Spectre, who is the only JLA "member" who could possibly compete with the Phoenix, Jean is an integral.

I could come up with an X-Men team to beat the JLA. The X-Men could win by sheer numbers.

stormfront13
but with all the powers she absorbed she could

FieryBalrog
well the X-Men fighting the JLA is not going to be a matter that requires the PF to manifest itself.

thats not how it works. Jean used the PF against Emma when Emma seduced Scott. laughing It just happened to be during the months/years the universe was gonna require disinfection.

pr1983
but with all the powers she absorbed she could

no, she doesnt have the experience or the ability to be a problem... storm and cyke will cause twice the problems "super" rogue would...

thats not how it works. Jean used the PF against Emma when Emma seduced Scott. laughing It just happened to be during the months/years the universe was gonna require disinfection.

talk about a woman scorned...

stormfront13
all the appearances of rogue using someones powers she had good control over them... for ecample, when she teleported nimrods head off, or when she used worms power who she had just absorbed to let go of the mind control over everyone he had under his control, or when she had control over storms weather abilities, or when she had gotten control over wolverines tracking ability to track him and rogue..... she absorbed everyones memories knowing how to use their powers....she couldn't use them as good as the original user, but she still could use them as their were her own, just not as good as the original

pr1983
all the appearances of rogue using someones powers she had good control over them... for ecample, when she teleported nimrods head off, or when she used worms power who she had just absorbed to let go of the mind control over everyone he had under his control, or when she had control over storms weather abilities, or when she had gotten control over wolverines tracking ability to track him and rogue..... she absorbed everyones memories knowing how to use their powers....she couldn't use them as good as the original user, but she still could use them as their were her own, just not as good as the original

yes, but while shes standing there wondering which power to use she'll have her head taken off by superman... the more powers she has the easier she'll be to take down...

the x-mens only hope is to work as a team like they never have before... and having jean wouldnt hurt either...

i still think the jla's speed and strength is too much...

JRW
alll phoenix has to do is destroy the universe except her self and then the X-Men win big grin

Superherovandal
putting Phoenix is so unfair why don't you add Spectre and see who will win. It makes for such boring battles: who can blink the other out of existance first?

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Superherovandal
putting Phoenix is so unfair why don't you add Spectre and see who will win. It makes for such boring battles: who can blink the other out of existance first?

i agree she's a cosmic being if you want her in you need a cosmic on the JLA's side as well. But yeah JLA win w/o phoenix no doubt.

leonidas
<<putting Phoenix is so unfair why don't you add Spectre and see who will win. It makes for such boring battles: who can blink the other out of existance first?>>

agreed. i've always hated the idea of putting one of the 'cosmics' in a group. reason #872 why i've always disliked the xmen . . .

Mainstream
do be hatin on the Xmen tongue12

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Superherovandal

and it isnt a lopsided fight without her? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh I mean, Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, these guys aren't superpowerful compared to the x-men at all laughing

Flash and Supes speedblitz = boooooooring

FieryBalrog
<<putting Phoenix is so unfair why don't you add Spectre and see who will win. It makes for such boring battles: who can blink the other out of existance first?>>

agreed. i've always hated the idea of putting one of the 'cosmics' in a group. reason #872 why i've always disliked the xmen . . .

*cough* Parallax *cough*

*cough* JLA is about 500 times as powerful as the X-men w/out Phoenix, so whats the point of this thread anyway? Happy Dance

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Mainstream
do be hatin on the Xmen tongue12

theres a lot of that around here smokin'

Mainstream
if Cable is with them no one can beat them so says ...mainstream cable

stormfront13
i don't get why everyone hates the x-men. they are naturally powerful and people don't like them then they go and support people like surfer or superman. isn't that a bit hyprocritical? or they say that the x-men are so overrated but never talks about how spidey or batman is overrated

DarkCrawler
X-Men is my favorite Comic Book team.

8bitChris
People hate on the X-men because they are what's selling right now. You gotta remember that the haters are the minority.

It's like liking that one band until it becomes popular, then you pretend to hate it. A lot of people just think they are raging against the machine; most of them for no good reason other than to not be a part of the crowd (and "seem" hip and individual in the process).

The irony of all this is that it has become trendy to not be trendy.

X-men haters do realize that X-men comics might not be their cup of tea, but they have provided solid entertainment for a large fanbase for a huge number of years. If X-men fans have fun with their comics who cares? Only the people that go onto messege boards to gripe about them. smile

stormfront13
yeah ur right

leonidas
hey, easy on the haters! i've disliked (not 'hated') the xmen for about 15 years. why? because i never cared for the 'us against a world that hates us' theme that underlines all the xmen series's. though i appreciate the predjudicial undertones and what the book is trying to say, i got tired of the theme very quickly. i was supposed to feel sympathy for them, but i never really did. i actually liked the early xmen books, before the theme became old. i also never liked phoenix/phoenix force, nor do i like wolverine. of course the capper for me was the onslaught debacle, which in my opinion was one of the worst story arcs ever written. so, while it's true i don't like the xmen (though i've always liked colossos) i don't hate them because everyone else likes them, nor because its the 'trendy' thing to do. i don't like the xmen because the stories and characters don't appeal to me - and believe me, i collected them long enough to have made that judgement fairly.

FieryBalrog
still, its funny when people complain about how boring it would be if the phoenix was involved... as if Supes/Flash speedblitzing entire teams of X-men isn't boring... big grin

and as for cosmic beings... Parallax... and the JLA are ridiculously powerful anyway. Everyone has superspeed, superstrength, supertelepathy etc. and Batman.

Which is why I've never really liked them.

8bitChris
And Batman, the only human: knows 127 different forms of martial arts, is the world's premiere genius, master tactician, an absolutely brilliant mechanic, billionaire.

stormfront13
well leo you have a reasonable thing for not liking them

FieryBalrog
And Batman, the only human: knows 127 different forms of martial arts, is the world's premiere genius, master tactician, an absolutely brilliant mechanic, billionaire.

still, hes my favorite DC character. I loved those mid 90s Batman cartoons.

8bitChris
Yeah but they write him in such a way that he's still an overpowered god.

K3VIL
his fighting skills and leadership capabilities. and she's not alone, and she has also absorbed destiny allowing her to know of any attack before it happens. she has absorbed both jean grey and xavier making her a match for martain manhunter in the psionic department. she absorbed shadowcat allowing her to phase. she absorbed hulk allowing her to get stronger. she absorbed rachel grey while she was phoenix. she absorbed bishop allowing her to absorb any energy thrown at her. she absorbed joseph and magneto making her very powerful with magnetics. she absorbed nightcrawler and spiderman and northstar so she has the spider sense allowing her to teleport out of danger or fly out of it. she absorbed iceman. she absorbed celia allowing her to have more protection. she absorbed temptress giving her vast magical abilities. she absorbed cloak so she can end people into the drak dimension, and she absorbed dagger allowing her to drain the light out of people. she absorbed colossus so she is even more durable. she absorbed wolverine giving her a healign factor. sje absorbed crarlet witch and longshot so she can turn the fight in favor of the x-men and alter reality. she absorbed wolverine so she can have bone claws and a healing factor. she has also absorbed storm giving her coltrol over the weather. if this rogue is allowed she will be tough to take down. and combine this rogue with maybe jean grey, the x-men definitley have a chance of winning
This is the biggest bunch of crap upgrades I ever read of since I've picke dup a comic book 14 years ago.
Pathetic.
This is Marvel's ultimates weapon to give the X-Men die hard idiot fanboys a character that can say I'm better than D.C. Powerhouses and Avengers Powerhouses?
LAME.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by K3VIL
This is the biggest bunch of crap upgrades I ever read of since I've picke dup a comic book 14 years ago.
Pathetic.
This is Marvel's ultimates weapon to give the X-Men die hard idiot fanboys a character that can say I'm better than D.C. Powerhouses and Avengers Powerhouses?
LAME.

whoa calm down there. Rogue doesnt even have those powers anymore, and she doesnt even have superstrength or flight anymore. Shes been de-powered.

And how are you complaining about Marvel power levels? laughing Maybe when an X-men has the powers of flying, superspeed, superstrength, invulnerability, heat vision, x-ray vision, and super-breath....

K3VIL
i don't get why everyone hates the x-men. they are naturally powerful and people don't like them then they go and support people like surfer or superman. isn't that a bit hyprocritical? or they say that the x-men are so overrated but never talks about how spidey or batman is overrated
Now tell me what the X-Men have done that Superman and the JLA didn't.
Our World At Worlds is one of the greatest example of how great and powerful JLA heroes are, JLA major enemies will stomp the X-Men anyday, ANYDAY.
X-Men win against Magneto or Apocalypse or other major powerhouses like Proteus cause well written plots grants them to survive, if it wasn't so, the X-Men comics were now called Magneto Rex, cause even Classic Magneto can kill them in few moments without much effort, JLA doesn't win thanks to cheap writing, but cause like the AVG, they are the mightiest heroes in every sense in D.C.U., X-Men are the thirds or fourth of the class of the supergroups.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by K3VIL
Now tell me what the X-Men have done that Superman and the JLA didn't.
Our World At Worlds is one of the greatest example of how great and powerful JLA heroes are, JLA major enemies will stomp the X-Men anyday, ANYDAY.
X-Men win against Magneto or Apocalypse or other major powerhouses like Proteus cause well written plots grants them to survive, if it wasn't so, the X-Men comics were now called Magneto Rex, cause even Classic Magneto can kill them in few moments without much effort, JLA doesn't win thanks to cheap writing, but cause like the AVG, they are the mightiest heroes in every sense in D.C.U., X-Men are the thirds or fourth of the class of the supergroups.

laughing

Pepito
The X-men during a big storyline are the world's most powerful group rather than the Avengers. They have fought tons of cosmic battles and are seen as less pwoerful becuase there are street level stories in between the big ones. The X-men are the best in terms of psychics and power potential (mutants generally are born to have advancing powers) and they have a huge arsenal of back up members. Justice League have too much focus on physical strength. There is only one notable psychic in the JLA and only a couple of energy manipulators

leonidas
<<and as for cosmic beings... Parallax... and the JLA are ridiculously powerful anyway. Everyone has superspeed, superstrength, supertelepathy etc. and Batman.
Which is why I've never really liked them.>>

that's fair enough, but for almost 50 years it's ALWAYS been that way with the JLA. that's what's made them what they are. they've never hid it. they're the most powerful group, and they battle the most powerful menaces. like the characters on the team, they are an icon and they have an extremely long tradition and history. personally i love the JLA because they are simple, and they are exactly what they're supposed to be - the biggest bunch of bad asses on the block! some find that boring, but i get my fill of 'lower level guys' elsewhere. when i read JLA i WANT huge, cosmic villains, and i want mega-battles. and for the most part, jla usually delivers.

stormfront13
k3vil don't b*tch at me because marvel gave rogue a breif upgrade. someone brought that version of rogue so i stated she would be a big help. i am just stating what marvel writes. and i am not a fanboy of rogue in anyway of rogue

Hulk Power
Right on stormfront13, you tell him or her what ever it is. Just because were Marvel fans that doesn't mean we have to take that crap from DC fans. At least Marvel characters aren't overrated like DC characters. rock rock

stormfront13
thanks i guess lol

Piedmon
See, in Marvel, flight and super-strength are considered powers in of themselves.

In DC, they're more like prerequesites. "You have super-strength, flight, super-speed, AND....?"

Hulk Power
Now that I think about it, of course the X-men are going to lose. They are up against a bunch of overrated cheaters that call themselves heroes. I guess making this tread wasn't a good idea. I just wanted people to post what they think, not to argue and try to put other members down according to their ideas. no expression

nigel45
Originally posted by Hulk Power
Right on stormfront13, you tell him or her what ever it is. Just because were Marvel fans that doesn't mean we have to take that crap from DC fans. At least Marvel characters aren't overrated like DC characters. rock rock

Right, cause DC fans NEVER take crap from Marvel fans...like in the post I just quoted.

And Wolverine can really do everything people say he can, Juggernaut is unstoppable, Hulk has no limits...But no, they're not overrated.

nigel45
Now that I think about it, of course the X-men are going to lose. They are up against a bunch of overrated cheaters that call themselves heroes.

"Cheaters"? How so?

Cosmic Cube
It's not a good idea to attack the DC fans, Hulk Power. You're outnumbered. shifty

nigel45
Haha. Not sure if I would go that far Cos.

Hulk Power
Their powers are to extreme. For example Super Man is practically a god with those powers he has. Then Green Lantern, how can a ring like that grant so much powers like the ones he has? He has lasers, shields, invulnerability, and god knows what else. Then Martian Manhunter, he has super strength, invisibility or what ever you call it when he is transparent, and that freaky eye thing he does where his foes are unconscious or asleep. Then Wonder Woman, how can she block everything with those bracelets and how is it she has an unbreakable rope. Also Hawk Girl, she can fly, has super strength and can knock almost anyone out with that mace she carries around. Flash is also a little exaggerated with his ability to run at the speed of light. Do you know the speed of light? The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second. Now that is exaggerated. What I mean by this is that these characters have too many powers and rely too much on their powers, not their fighting skills. The only one that does seem a little more balanced than the others is Batman because he doesn't have powers, but he still needs his gadgets to win.donatello

nigel45
Superman was made to be almost a god. He was the first superhero ever created, they didn't have a very good idea of how powerful to make him, so what the heck, give him all the powers you could want. And apparently that idea has worked out.

As for the others, if you have to ask "how" then you've got no business reading any comic books. All the questions of "how does blah blah blah work" can apply to almost any superhero in any company.

nigel45
Admit it: for one reason or another you dislike DC characters and love Marvel characters. It's not a bad thing, but there's no reason to pretend like you've got good arguments against DC when they apply to Marvel as well.

Kento
Their powers are to extreme. For example Super Man is practically a god with those powers he has. Then Green Lantern, how can a ring like that grant so much powers like the ones he has? He has lasers, shields, invulnerability, and god knows what else. Then Martian Manhunter, he has super strength, invisibility or what ever you call it when he is transparent, and that freaky eye thing he does where his foes are unconscious or asleep. Then Wonder Woman, how can she block everything with those bracelets and how is it she has an unbreakable rope. Also Hawk Girl, she can fly, has super strength and can knock almost anyone out with that mace she carries around. Flash is also a little exaggerated with his ability to run at the speed of light. Do you know the speed of light? The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second. Now that is exaggerated. What I mean by this is that these characters have too many powers and rely too much on their powers, not their fighting skills. The only one that does seem a little more balanced than the others is Batman because he doesn't have powers, but he still needs his gadgets to win.donatello

wink And Logan can take a nuke, and walk away, and Gladiator boasts he can tear stars apart or something of the such, and can go faster then light, and Juggernaut cannot be stopped by any physical force. I could go on but why bother.

Hulk Power
I'm not hiding the fact that I LOVE Marvel. I'll say it to you and to anyone, I LOVE Marvel. I'm also not saying that Marvel is not overrated. I admit it, Marvel can be a little overrated at times but not as much as DC is. Marvel characters powers are simple and fair.

8bitChris
Logan can take a nuke but there is no chance in hell Logan can take a Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern etc... etc... etc...

Yeah, did Gladiator ever have his own comic? If he did? How popular was he?

Juggernaut has been severely downgraded to join the X-men.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by nigel45
Haha. Not sure if I would go that far Cos.

lol.

But, the truth is that Marvel's characters are more often underrated on this board than they are overrated. I'd be willing to wager my life that there are a lot more Super-fans and Bat-fans on this board than there are Wolvie-fans and Spidey-fans.

Kento
Superman's been downgraded since the Crisis.

Oh, and Godlike Cable, New Sun Gambit, Phoenix, Silver Surfer.

Just face it both have uberpowerful characters. It isn't about the power its about the character his or herself not what they can do but how they use it, and everything.

8bitChris
My point about Gladiator is that he is a little more than a footnote in Marvels repetoire of characters.

The X-men nearly took out the Imperial Guard by themselves the first time they met. THey did win with the help of the Starjammers.

But I havn't read enough about him to know how powerful he is now.

Hulk Power
Cosmic Cube, I agree with you. I think that Marvel characters are more often underrated than overrated.

8bitChris
Godlike Cable lasted about 7 issues.

New Sun Gambit was beaten by regular Gambit.

Phoenix is MIA for now.

Silver Surfer is not a member of a team of Silver Surfers. Marvel does need someone to combat it's own cosmic threats but last I knew all Silver Surfer comics were cancelled.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Kento

Just face it both have uberpowerful characters. It isn't about the power its about the character his or herself not what they can do but how they use it, and everything.

Doesn't stop people from constantly saying, "well, if it's pre-crisis Superman, he'll kick so-and-so's ass."

Silver Surfer is certainly not overrated on this board. Many people doubt he can even beat Superman. No one cares about New Son Gambit. Phoenix just started to get respect recently. I never hear God-Like Cable mentioned.

Cosmic Cube
Godlike Cable lasted about 7 issues.

New Sun Gambit was beaten by regular Gambit.

Phoenix is MIA for now.

Silver Surfer is not a member of a team of Silver Surfers. Marvel does need someone to combat it's own cosmic threats but last I knew all Silver Surfer comics were cancelled.

He's a Defender.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Piedmon
See, in Marvel, flight and super-strength are considered powers in of themselves.

In DC, they're more like prerequesites. "You have super-strength, flight, super-speed, AND....?"

laughing

I mean, one of the original X-men had the power of.......... flight.

FieryBalrog
wink And Logan can take a nuke, and walk away, and Gladiator boasts he can tear stars apart or something of the such, and can go faster then light, and Juggernaut cannot be stopped by any physical force. I could go on but why bother.

haha, lets not even compare them. And Gladiator? Since when was he a Marvel superhero? He's a supporting character/opponent for other superhero teams.

FieryBalrog

none of those are on teams right now. Let alone a whole team of characters like that.

I cant believe you brought up New Sun Gambit laughing

Cosmic Cube
laughing

I mean, one of the original X-men had the power of.......... flight.

lol, I honestly can't think of a JLA member besides Green Arrow, Plasticman, or Batman who can't fly, doesn't have superspeed, or doesn't have superhuman strength.

Cosmic Cube
none of those are on teams right now. Let alone a whole team of characters like that.

I cant believe you brought up New Sun Gambit laughing

Silver Surfer is currently a Defender. There's a spell that forces them to unite whenever the universe is threatened.

8bitChris
Marvels bread and butter is characters you can relate too. Yeah, they've got super powers, but they're still human at heart. They arn't overloaded with super powers for the most part. They maintain their human side and ties. It's more soapy in a sense.

DC's bread and butter is literal super heroes. Ultra-powerful heroes us regular folk could never really dream of relating too.

The only char of DC that I can think of that reminds me even a little bit of a Marvel char is Blue Beetle; and (Countdown spoiler) he had his face blown off. But we all know the next Blue Beetle will have super powers.

Which do I prefer? Marvel. I don't like reading DC but I respect other people's right to enjoy it.

8bitChris
When was the last time the old Defenders actually got together?

Cosmic Cube
Earlier this year in "The Order."

8bitChris
Ahh...who were all the members again? Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, I want to say Hulk but i'm not sure...and some one else right?

Cosmic Cube
Dr. Strange
Silver Surfer
Namor
Hulk

Most powerful Superhero team ever. wink

8bitChris
Thank you sir. We all know that they'd still lose to Batman though.

Hulk Power
Yeah right. They would pound Batman in less than a minute. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

FieryBalrog
Thank you sir. We all know that they'd still lose to Batman though.

with some preptime, to be sure. couple o' minutes.

FieryBalrog
Yeah right. They would pound Batman in less than a minute. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

nuh uh. preptime + batman = destruction roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cosmic Cube
nuh uh. preptime + batman = destruction roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ultimate destruction. Giving Batman prep-time is like giving him the Infinity Gauntlet.

Hulk Power
Thats true. He has a point.

Cosmic Cube

Namor could kill Batman with a punch in a fraction of a second. But not if Batman has prep-time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Ultimate destruction. Giving Batman prep-time is like giving him the Infinity Gauntlet.

to be fair, I think he'd require at least 3 minutes if he wants to take down Galactus.

8bitChris
Seriously, There is no way Silver Surfer could react fast enough to avoid any batarangs.

Batman will just use a Death Touch on everyone else.

jrodslam
Im sorry for being late, I didnt read all the pages.

Is Zatanna part of the JLA in this battle?

What are the rosters?

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by jrodslam
Im sorry for being late, I didnt read all the pages.

Is Zatanna part of the JLA in this battle?

What are the rosters?

:shrug:

does Zatanna really make a difference? I pretty much think JLA takes it unless Jean/Phoenix is on the x-team, but shes dead.

Or someone like Scarlet Witch, but shes not an x-man.

jrodslam
Does she make a difference? Se saves the others from even breaking a sweat. One spell is all it takes.

FieryBalrog
Does she make a difference? Se saves the others from even breaking a sweat. One spell is all it takes.

saves the others from who?

jrodslam
saves the others from who?

Not from anyone.

She saves them from having to break a sweat in fighting.

FieryBalrog
Not from anyone.

She saves them from having to break a sweat in fighting.

laughing

So, I guess they have Zatanna. Or antiperspirant.

MrHeavySilence
Batman has God on his side. Who can argue with that?

Batman "listen. I need you to give me some magical tactics to beat the crap out of X-Men."

God "Done. See that one? His weakness is puppies. I prepared a golden retriever in your belt."

*later in the fight*

JLA "Holy crap Batman, that was one hell of a manuever. I didn't even know you could do that with a golden retriever!"

Batman "Nah..it was nothing."

K3VIL
Now that I think about it, of course the X-men are going to lose. They are up against a bunch of overrated cheaters that call themselves heroes. I guess making this tread wasn't a good idea. I just wanted people to post what they think, not to argue and try to put other members down according to their ideas. no expression
ROTFL, sayed from a die hard Hulk fanboy, the character with the power that rends him equal to an angry child screaming for having an ice cream.
Hulk will get madder and so he'll get stronger!Pathetic.
You're arguing about how can they have those powers.
How can a nerd scientist become a super powered jaded giant after being hitted from a gamma bomb instead of die?
How can a nerd student become a super powered vigilante after being hitted from a mystical spider?
How can a scientist, his girlfriend, her brother and their pilot become a group of superbeings after being hitted from cosmic rays instead of die?

Hulk Power
Well K3VIL, why don't you tell me the reasoning behind a little ring having the power to make shields, lasers, and an aura that protects him from so much. Also what sense does it make having a pair of stupid bracelets that can block almost anything thrown at her and a rope that can't be destroyed. Then there's Martian Manhunter. How lame is a freakin alien teaming up with humans to save the earth. And Superman, why don't they call him Superalien instead of Superman because that is what he is. Besides, don't be insulting Hulk. He is the strongest Marvel character there is and when people insult the things I love, I GET MAD. I made this thread to get ideas of who would win. Not to be insulted by some punk that is trying to put me down because he or she, what ever the hell you are, likes DC better than Marvel. mad mad

Hulk Power
Come on guys. Anymore ideas or opinions that aren't offensive? If you're just going to post to make people feel bad or look bad then you might as well not post.

nigel45
In all fairness dude, I think you're the one that led this discussion off topic.

Hulk Power
What do you mean? What are you talking about? What the f**k? What the f**k?

nigel45
I'm not trying to dig up the past or anything, but I thought that you were the first (or among the first) people to turn this into "Marvel sucks" "DC sucks". Don't get me wrong, I played my part too.

Let's just drop the conversation, I'm not looking for a fight here.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>