Do Obi-Wan and Yoda think Anakin is dead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
I was wondering if they thought Anakin was dead at the end of the movie.

Morning_Glory
no, they sense he is still alive.. just know it...

didnt you see the troubled looks on Obi Wan and Yoda's face at the very very end sad

Falacerjedi
Read the book and it explains when Obi-Wan leaves Anakin by the river of lava that it would be the will of the force that would decide Anakin's fate.

Lots of more info on some of the tidbits that GL left out of the movie are in the book, I suggest picking it up as it answered quite a few of my questions.

juggernaut74
Yea but is the book legite?

DeVi| D0do
I only hold what's in the movies as being legit...

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Falacerjedi
Read the book and it explains when Obi-Wan leaves Anakin by the river of lava that it would be the will of the force that would decide Anakin's fate.

Lots of more info on some of the tidbits that GL left out of the movie are in the book, I suggest picking it up as it answered quite a few of my questions.

there is a book??? embarrasment

ragesRemorse
who wants to read lightsabers?

Morning_Glory
not me

ragesRemorse
nor i

RogueGambitdare
no they couldn't think he's dead, cause they know he's not in the trilogy.

juggernaut74
Well eventually they figure it out.

ragesRemorse
obi 1 knew when alderan blew up, so i'm sure he knew anakin was still alive

RogueGambitdare
they had to have know because of him being sidious apprentice and he was probably sent to do all his dirty work, and considering that Obi-wan and yoda must have known cause they would have felt his life force in the force.

amane
they don't think he's dead, they know it. he is, for the most part, dead.

before you people freak and explode, allow me to explain. anakin is dead because he is now Darth Vador. he isn't really anakin anymore. he is alive, just...dormant within Vador.

to Obi-Wan, anakin is dead -he tells Luke that Anakin died in the Clone Wars.

mephistodesigns
they saw a recording of Palps calling him lord vader, I'm sure at least Obi-wan heard of Vader on Tatooine, could tell qui-gon, or maybe qui-gon knew, and then told yoda.

but I like the idea that they sensed it. If yoda could sense Ani on Tatooine in "terrible pain", then he could certainly sense him being rebuilt and in constant pain and causing waves in the force.

Director_Joe
As far as how the book was...(for those who don't want to 'read' lightsabers) It was great as far as information, but I perfer the film as far as the actions goes...(and of course I'd choose it over the book any day)

jedi2187
I always felt that Obi thought that Vader/Ani was dead, because when I watched ANH today, Ben referred to Vader in the past tense and was caught off guard by the sight of Vader blocking his escape on the Death Star.

Camo Di Mass
No , they knew he was alive . That was part of the reason the had to hide the babies and I'm sure when they were in hiding all this years they felt what was Vader doing in the galaxy ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.