Who is the real Chosen One?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chucktaylor
Remember when Obi Wan said that Anakin was the Chosen One and had to destroy the Sith? Well, is Anakin the real Chosen One? Or is it Luke?

jrodslam
Anakin. Nuff said.

ragesRemorse
Luke of course. If anakin were infact the chosen one he would have brought balance to the force. However,i guess you could say that anakin did bring order back to the force, because he did...in the long run.

vader519
Anakin because he did fulfill the prophecy in ROTJ. He destroyed the sith by returning to the light side of the force and killing Palpatine.

Tulak Hord
I think it's Kyle Katarn, since he brought balance back into the force by killing Jerec and releasing the souls that were trapped in the Valley of the Jedi. It even said he fulfilled an ancient Jedi Prophecy by doing that.

jrodslam
EU sucks.

Torik_Shai
I think Jar Jar's the chosen one. stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by vader519
Anakin because he did fulfill the prophecy in ROTJ. He destroyed the sith by returning to the light side of the force and killing Palpatine.

Oh yeah, but wasnt it lukes plee for help, and quest for his fathers redemption that decided the fate of the emporer? Si i guess this could be argued till the break of dawn, but it always comes down to the jedi sperm, and luke was created by anakins jedi sperm.

cal31
It was Anakin, even though a lot of crap had to happen before the prophecy was fulfilled.

Obi-wan2005
Its Anakin...He killed the leader of the sith after he "turned" back to the light in The Return Of The Jedi

EHmasterJedi
Yeah it wasnt Luke that killed the Emperor, Vader/Anakin had to make that choice.

Batman316
Anakin, much as I'd like Luke to be the Chosen One even GL has said it was Ani

astrofan428
Anakin simply because he was born of the force, and because, what did Luke do?

Batman316
Luke absolutely kicked Vaders ass, when I was watching it last night I had never noticed how badly Luke owns Vader in their final confrontation

astrofan428
Yeah but he really does nothing to affect the force, he was simply motivation.

Ben-Kenobi
It is Anakin.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Batman316
Luke absolutely kicked Vaders ass, when I was watching it last night I had never noticed how badly Luke owns Vader in their final confrontation

yeah he did.

Luke is the real chosen one though. If Anakin had never had Luke, Luke wouldnt have been there to provoke Anakin into doing the righteous thing.

Batman316
yes from a Certain point of view

Nataku8188
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
yeah he did.

Luke is the real chosen one though. If Anakin had never had Luke, Luke wouldnt have been there to provoke Anakin into doing the righteous thing.

It's a freakin' prophecy, it doesn't tell you anything about the context, it just says what is going to happen. Regardless of HOW it happened, Anakin tossed that smelly old bastard down a shaft.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Nataku8188
It's a freakin' prophecy, it doesn't tell you anything about the context, it just says what is going to happen. Regardless of HOW it happened, Anakin tossed that smelly old bastard down a shaft.

so what was the mumbo jumbo in the OT about Luke being the chosen one?

Batman316

wtf?

Nataku8188

You said it yourself. Mumbo jumbo.

People thought the prophecy wouldn't be fulfilled, because Anakin had become Vader, yet they had no way of knowing that he would toss smelly there down a shiny shaft thing-a-ma-bob.

Batman316
Originally posted by Nataku8188
smelly there down a shiny shaft thing-a-ma-bob.

I love it when people use technical terms laughing Happy Dance

astrofan428

Will if you look at it that way Anakin could still be the chsen one, if it werent for his lightsaber stick out tongue there would be no Luke.

jerlark386
Well actually if were'nt for his...
on second thought nvm.
This just reminds me of a line I forgot who said it, I think it was Obi to Yoda in reference to luke.
"This kid is our last hope"
and Yoda replies "No he is not".

((The_Anomaly))
ohh god not this again. luke didnt do anything really, he just showed anakin (the chosen one) the right path again, who fulfilled his destiny and destroyed the sith by giving his life to destroy palps and then dying..

Darth Halo
Oh to hell with it the, Skywalker name fufilled the prophecy. Does it really matter who fulfilled prophecy? I mean Anakin needed to have Luke in order to give him a motivational beatdown and remind his father the good that can be done and that you don't have fear the darkside. Seeing his son suffer refusing to join the darkside made him get his inner goodness back

chucktaylor
Wow, i just made this thread like 4 hours ago and you guys are already replying! Thanks for making this thread worth replying on!

BlackC@t
Originally posted by vader519

That is an excellent point.

But wasn't it Luke who bought back Anakin Skywalker? Wasn't it his light that shined the way?

I cannot decide.

But it teaches a good moral that I don't think Lucas picked up on: Only through scarifice can there be what is right and redemption.

Anakins' turn to the darkside was a scarifice so that Luke would rise up.

Batman316
Originally posted by BlackC@t
That is an excellent point.

But wasn't it Luke who bought back Anakin Skywalker? Wasn't it his light that shined the way?

Yes and it was Anakin not Vader that killed the Emperor and restored balance to the force. Not denying Luke had his roll to play but in the big scheme....and it hurts me to say this.... Luke was basically a supporting actor

Darth_Duffy
common knowledge that its Anakin. Lucas has said it himself, the whole star wars saga is a story about anakin, the chosen one

DeVi| D0do
So... did Sidious or Plageius create Anakin?

If so, is he still the Chosen One? Surely they wouldn't have knowingly created someone who was said to bring balance to the Force... unless they though the balance would be in their favour.

The Chosen One is said to be someone created by the midichlorians to bring balance to the Force. Anakin does brings balance to the Force... and he is created by the midichlorians.

Did the prophet suspect it to happen this way? Or is it just the way it happened?

Did that make any sense? Or am I just crazy?

Darth_Duffy
They didnt create anakin no, sideous was perhaps implying this as part of his attempts to manipulate anakin

Darth MoonPIE
If he didn't have luke he wouldnt of been with padme hence he wouldnt of turned for her sake and he would of just cut down palps in rots, thanks

DeVi| D0do
But why bring it up?

and I'm not just talking about Palpatine here... I mean why would Lucas bring it up? He knew we know Anakin was created by the midichlorians... surely he must be implying that Sidious or Plagueis had something to do with it. Otherwise there's no reason at all to bring it up.

Darth MoonPIE
Fact: Sidious made that whole midi shit up to mess with anakins head because he could read anakins thoughts of padme cause he wasnt guarding himself around palps because he didnt know he could look into him with the force adn see what was troubling him.

Saying palp or plag made anakin is ludacris!!!!

DeVi| D0do
Palpatine says: "...so wise he could use the force to influence the midichlorians to create life..."

Why would he say that? Anakin wants to save life not create it.

K Von Doom
There were too many Jedis in the Republic. Anakin brought balance back to the Force by evening the tables - leaving Obi Wan and Yoda for the light, Vader and Palpatine on the dark.

Darth_Duffy
Originally posted by K Von Doom
There were too many Jedis in the Republic. Anakin brought balance back to the Force by evening the tables - leaving Obi Wan and Yoda for the light, Vader and Palpatine on the dark.

no no no no no no! sad

Jedi Priestess
He brought it up because he was lying out of his ass in order to coerce Anakin to join the dark side. This has been settled forEVER ago. Anakin has no father. God I wish George had not written this crap into the movie.

Darth_Lucifer
Anakin brings balance to the force becuase when he fights Luke in ROTJ he becomes good again and he brings blance to the force by throwing sidious into the pit!

Lord_Windu
Originally posted by chucktaylor
Remember when Obi Wan said that Anakin was the Chosen One and had to destroy the Sith? Well, is Anakin the real Chosen One? Or is it Luke?

Yep, it's anakin.

adele2k5
he did he brought balance to the force but defeating palpatine to save his son it was the love of his son that he became anakin.

nazgūl-lord
anakin is the chosen one

wegego
Anakin brought balance to the force by dying.

nazgūl-lord
no he brought balance to the force by throwing palpatine down the shaft

smoker4

Darth_Lucifer
Originally posted by adele2k5
he did he brought balance to the force but defeating palpatine to save his son it was the love of his son that he became anakin.

yeah the love of his son made him bring balance tot he force.smile

yerssot
I don't get why there can be any discussion about this if GL himself has confirmed a few times already that Anakin is the Chosen One messed

Robin Darkside
Its Luke, Lucas was kidding when he said it was anakin

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
He brought it up because he was lying out of his ass in order to coerce Anakin to join the dark side. This has been settled forEVER ago. Anakin has no father. God I wish George had not written this crap into the movie.

exactly... if this was just to coerce Anakin then Lucas is stupid. And I don't believe he is.

As I said, Anakin doesn't want to be able to create life, he wants to save it. Which leads me to believe Palpatine is the father. There is NO other reason in my mind to bring this up other than to imply this.

If I'm wrong then it's just terribly written.

Obi-wan2005
exacly like i said (in another thread)

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
Its Luke, Lucas was kidding when he said it was anakin

Truthfully, i believe lucas pulls half the shit he says about star wars out of his ass.Example...episode1, and 2. I bet george lucas doesnt even like star wars anymore.

DeVi| D0do
I completely agree.

Lucas doesn't give a shit if it makes sense or not...

jediwilldaddy
um yeah did i miss something because now that all six movies are out.. isn't pretty clear that starwars is anakins stort being told... the movies are about him, his rise, his fall and his subsequent redemption....

chuxterofdoom
ok I know this is way out there but what if luke was powerful enough to mind control vader into throwing the emperor down the shaft hence making luke The Chosen One!

smokin'

JediMasterRetro
Anakin as he made the final choice to turn on sideous but i say its 25% luke,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.