silver surfer vs. underwear line silver surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

seaapple
Which is cooler?

The old school Silver Surfer was a lot more slim, had a longboard with no fin, and had underwear lines. New Surfers are muscle-bound, often less alien looking, and the board is often shorter, sometimes even with a fin.

To me the Silver Surfer looked better when he was a skinny bad-a$%. All these new He-Man looking heroes are not as cool. But I am open to hearing if some like later Surfers better than Kirby or Buscema surfers. In my opinion all that old Buscema art really fit the cosmic storylines with big baby-headed looking aliens like Uatu the Watcher (and even Galactus).

(On a side note, I did like the Mobius Silver Surfer a great deal.)

http://www.mvstamps.com/images2/fantasticfour72.jpg

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Original_Art/How_Comics_Are_Made/SS_Annual4_panel1.jpg

ragesRemorse
i always found it kind of doubtfull that a cosmic being of intelligence and power that ravels space and time would be so self conscious about covering up his dork

Nataku8188
I like him when he's drawn without the underwear lines, yet when he isn't super-duper muscley. He should be built like a olympic runner, or basketball player. Strong and thin, but not buff.

seaapple
ragesRemorse, the thing is that in the one without the lines then he simply is missing some anatomical portions, whereas the one with the lines implies that he is merely modest. I think you are right though, but he was born during the times of the comic-code etc. etc..

I agree with you about the wiry Surfer Nataku8188. Probably without the lines is better, except the issue raised above.

The problem is that the lines usually come with the basketballer build.

You didn't say which board is the best though. Usually the wiry, line-having Silver Surfer has the old-school board. When I was younger I liked the fin, but now I kind of like the longboard.

whirlysplat
I liked the old style eurfer with the big boggy eyes a lot more big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.