True Romance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cal31
I just watched this film tonight, and after hearing how good it was, I was really dissapointed. I just never got into the story at all, maybe it was because Christian Fricken Slatener was the main character, and everything just wasn't all that interesting. Only bright spot was Brad Pitt as Floyd, man did he play a good stoner laughing

BlazingBarrells
this was a fantastic movie, and christain slater, did a fine job with this one. his acting has sucked latley but his earlier works are fine. and Ture Romance is one of Quentins Scripts ever and Tony Scott did an awesome job. Christopher Walken was amazing, his dialogue with Dennis Hopper was QT classical. i cant beloieve you didnt like this one.

cal31
Originally posted by BlazingBarrells
this was a fantastic movie, and christain slater, did a fine job with this one. his acting has sucked latley but his earlier works are fine. and Ture Romance is one of Quentins Scripts ever and Tony Scott did an awesome job. Christopher Walken was amazing, his dialogue with Dennis Hopper was QT classical. i cant beloieve you didnt like this one. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't horrible, it just doesn't classify as a great movie as I had heard it was. The dialogue was great as usually is with Tarantino, but to me that's all it was, it didn't add anything to the movie as a whole.

Jackie Malfoy
I did not see or even hear about htis movie.But I will take your word on it and not see it.JM

Cinemaddiction
Suit yourself, JM. I thought it was great, and one of Tarantino's better written movies, although it was a modern day "Bonnie and Clyde". The penthouse shootout was off the rictor, IMO. Talk about dedication, this movie was full of it. Lot's of great cameos, too, especially Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper.

MildPossession
And there is nothing wrong with a 'modern day version of Bonnie and Clyde' smile True Romance is wonderful, really enjoy the film.

ragesRemorse
damn good flick. Great for what is is. Any movie written by tarentino is bound to be somewhat decent

Myth
Nope. Not Natural Born Killers.

Cinemaddiction
Well, someone else was in charge of adapting Tarantino's story for NBK to the screen. But, that's another movie.

BlazingBarrells
yeah wasnt it adapted by oliver stone, and QT and him fought over it for a while and then let it go

papabeard
Personally I liked natural born killers, it was trying to do something different, it may not have succeeded on all counts but was still good.

Myth
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Well, someone else was in charge of adapting Tarantino's story for NBK to the screen. But, that's another movie.

Yeah, but it was still written by QT and Rage said, "Any movie written by tarentino". But don't worry, I have faith in QT when he is more involved.

BlazingBarrells
Originally posted by Myth
Yeah, but it was still written by QT and Rage said, "Any movie written by tarentino". But don't worry, I have faith in QT when he is more involved.

yeah QT ORIGINALLY wrote it, but stone hacked it to pieces and revamped it.

the.shape
I love it. Umm, and yea, Patricia Arquette is in it so... I love it. rock stick out tongue

zer0mega
WoW!!!

I've always loved this movie - In fact it is my all time favourite.

But, the director's Cut was like frostingon a cake..

And, I love frosting big grin

No shit.. This movie gets to me.. the scenes are some of my all time favourite scnenes..

What do I choose?

Dennis Hopper's brilliant scene where he knows he is gonna die.. And still he goes down laughing at 'em.. Damn!!!

The scene at Drexel's where Clarence( My pop's name - maybe it is subliminal ) tells Drexel, "I ain't afraid of you, I just don't like you!" Slam DUNK!!

So many fine actors and scenes that I could go on.. But, I won't :P

FistOfThe North
Is that the movie where Slater kills Gary Oldman over that chick he likes that was a prostitue or something, and then he goes and tells her what he did and she was happy and he was all beat up. Thats the only part i remember. I'm downloading it now. sounds like a good flik from what im reading on here..

I forget, it's been mad years since I watched it and when I did see it, I didn't get into it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.