Where were the jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TylerN
OK, the movie was great. But, couldn't it have been awesome?

Palpatine:
So, this guy is so quick he can take out his first two attackers in seconds? Get real - the dark side isn't some 'uber upgrade to the light side - even assuming he is awesome with a saber, it should take him a while, and give us something to watch.

The Temple:
I don't care how many thousand stormtroopers you have, jedi are not going to role over and die. I can totally picture Vader and some troops taking out a few hundred fully-trained jedi, but that doesn't mean I didn't want to see it in RotS! That battle had the potential to be the most spectacular sequence in the movie, but it was left out completely! No, seeing Vader butcher some kids is not the same thing.

Code 66:
Why is yoda the only jedi who isn't surprised by his attempted assassination? What ever happened to jedi being able to use the force to tell when someone is trying to kill them? When they started feeling their friends die (Yoda was cringing in pain), wouldn't they become alert and prevent their own deaths? And, if some little kid can take out several stormtroopers, why can't a fully trained jedi take on two or three? They all just gave up and died . . . (other than Obi and Yoda, but you know what I mean)

Padme
No, Padme is not a jedi, but I had to mention this: As romantic as it is to die of a broken heart, what's the point? It isn't possible to glorify giving up! Here she has been fighting for democracy her whole life, and now she gives up because the dad of her now-bastard kids isn't turning out to be so great of a father after all. Strange, to say the least.

I'm sure the extended DVD will show more, but this seems like a scam to get more money by making everyone buy it.

Waiting for the Extended Scenes,

Tyler N.

((The_Anomaly))
palpatine:
yes he IS that damn good, and it shows just how much better he, mace, yoda etc. are then regular jedi

the temple:
jedi are not invincible...but i agree, it COULD have been a bit better...

code 66:
yoda, in his display of power (refer to the palpatine comment) is far more attuned to the force then most jedi. and it would seem the clones on kashyyk were informed last...so yoda could feel somehting was wrong because of the ripples in the force. again jedi are not invincible, but i agree, if attacked i think most jedi should be able to down at least 10-15 clones by themself.

padme:
its to show the loss of hope in the galaxy, its a symbol...live with it.

The Ones
to ((The_Anomaly)), you listen. good with answers, he is. agree with him, i do.

astrofan428
And as far as order 66, Yoda was the only one not concentrating on battle at the time.

Torik_Shai
And he only had to dispatch two clones.

DenKi
Yes, Its all very True, I was Dissapointed

Obi-wan2005
no...those were average crappy jedi...so it didnt really matter

Fishy
Here I disagree, yes if they knew what the clones were doing they should have been able to take them out. But these are people sort of, that you have been fighting with three years or so, people that have always been loyal always did what you told them to do. When you are on a battle field you do not concern yourself with the idea's of clones behind you. You never had too, they were taken completly by surprise.

Yoda like said is greater then most Jedi and sensed something was wrong already, he knew something was wrong he saw it coming.

ShadowKing
Ki-Adi-Mundi was the first Jedi to die and third most powerful of the Jedi Council...taken by surprise, he still found time to block a few shots...but what happened to force jump, force push, anything to extend an escape and figure out what the hell was going on.

I understand what Lucas wants to do but he made this a reader's digest version of the Jedi purge...just get it over with and move on...

The only thing I can figure (and which Lucas never bothers to explain to non-fans) is that these Clones are versions of Jango Fett. Jango held off Obi-Wan by himself for a few minutes so imagine if he were attacked by ten to twenty....not much hope for jedi there

astrofan428
Yeah the clones havent digressed into the useless stormtroopers we all no and love.

They are still thousands of Jangos.

Kun-ni Habeo
agreed

mtryder
Because the clones had no ill intent, there was nothing for the Jedi to sense. What Yoda was sensing was the disturbance in the force of the other Jedi dying.

JediMasterRetro
Yes and say uif ou look all the jedi got shot when running into battle

TylerN
Code 66:
Sure, a few jedi were running into battle. However, most of them saw the stormtroopers, figured out what was going on, and still died. Pathetic. I think ShadowKing had it right - Lucas just did a Reader's Digest version. I hope he shows more on the Extended Scenes DVD.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.