Revenge Soundtrack? or Movie Score?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aj_vader
I think the music in the movie is soo much better than what you hear on the soundtrack, the representation of the force theme in the movie is fantastic, and when the brass swells the imperial march when palpatine says "Hence... Darth Vader", thats awsome!

wot does everyone else think?

Jedi Priestess
I agree 100%. Hoping for an ultimate edition like we got for TPM.

aj_vader
i wanted an ultimate edition for attack of the clones, but id prefer revenge of the sith :P

DeVi| D0do
Nah, I prefer the soundtrack... they butchered a lot of the music in the film.

Especially when Anakin is marching to the Temple... that music sucked.

They reused too much in the film as well.

I also didn't like the use of Clash of Lightsabers from ESB in the Yoda/Sidious duel... that was terrible.

aj_vader
i know wot u mean about the music from the temple march, williams should have used the triplet like war figure that the imperial march posseses its perfect for it, or a run down version of duel of the fates with just strings, i was dissapointed with that 2, but using the clash of the lightsabers was ok i thought

DeVi| D0do
Clash of Lightsabers is one of my favourite pices of music ever, but it needs to stay in ESB.

I think Williams is a master. It's in the editting that they screw it up, which I'm fairly certain Williams has little or nothing to do with. I wouldn't blame Williams for wanting to hang himself after hearing what they did with his wonderful work...

really, I'm just being a drama queen now... but you get my point. wink

most of it was fine... but they screwed up some of it...

aj_vader
i agree with ya totally, i wanted more imperial march, but thats coz i love it so much...
and theres no building up to battle of the heros! theres no hints of it in the film at all, just at the end in all its glory, williams must be annoyed with them, i would be!

DeVi| D0do
yeah... that's another thing that bugged me.

it's just, all of a sudden battle of the heroes...

darthmaul1
I liked all the music an ques to it, as for having in an ultimate editions of ROTS, I don't think that is a good idea, this allows you to enjoy watching the movie while waiting for the music that you can't hear on the soundtrack.

astrofan428
I loved the music in the film much more then simply listening to the ST, especially during crucial scenes.

I do have a music question real quick if yall dont mind, what music was playing when Ob-Wan was talking to Padme and when Anakin is overlooking Mustafar?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.