Does anyone know Palpatines mentor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robin Darkside
Or is it supposed to be a secret, or not that important

Jedi Priestess
blink Plagueis
did ya watch the movie?

DeVi| D0do
Darth Plagueis the wise assumedly.

Otaku_Sith
Ya... as everyone knows it was Darth Gimp

Robin Darkside
Thats what I thought, but Palpatine didn't specifically say he was Plageius apprentice. Also, Palpatine said that Plagius can stop death because he is so powerful with the darkside of the force. That he can prevent death for everyone. Ironically everyone but him. Palpatine said that Plagius taught his apprentice everything he knew about the darkside of the force, and his apprentice killed him. So then Palpatine should already know how to prevent death. He says only together (Palpatine and Anakin) would find a way to save Padme. Please clearify

Sesse
lol. I know it wasn't said directly in the movie, but please consider the possibility that Palptine was talking about himself and his master while sharing the legend with anakin....

And what if he just *gasp* lied to Anakin?

DeVi| D0do
Palpatine was lying to Anakin when he said he knew how to save Padme...

he says "...to cheat death is a power only one has been able to achieve...". And of course Plagueis didn't achieve this as he was killed in his sleep. So Palpatine must have been referring to Qui Gon being able to retain his identity...

wether or not Palpatine really believes that with Anakin's help they can discover the secret to immortality is unclear and unimportant. It's all in Palpatine's manipulation of Anakin to lure him to the Dark Side...

Otaku_Sith

Robin Darkside
That still doesn't answer the question of, if Plagius is his mentor?

I think Darth Gimp is Otaku_sith's mentor

DenKi
No thats his Mum

Robin Darkside
Darth Gimp is an insult to star wars. I hope he burns in hell

Otaku_Sith

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
Does anyone know Palpatines mentor?

Why yes, I meat him at the mall just the other day, we had a nice chat. stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
Thats what I thought, but Palpatine didn't specifically say he was Plageius apprentice. Also, Palpatine said that Plagius can stop death because he is so powerful with the darkside of the force. That he can prevent death for everyone. Ironically everyone but him. Palpatine said that Plagius taught his apprentice everything he knew about the darkside of the force, and his apprentice killed him. So then Palpatine should already know how to prevent death. He says only together (Palpatine and Anakin) would find a way to save Padme. Please clearify

Read the book. 99.9999% of all the question threads here right now can be answered by the novel. And YES I know it should have been in the movie, but it's not, so there is no point b!tching about it. Just read the novel for a clerer picture.

Robin Darkside
It was a question, not b!tching. your the one who likes to b1tch

DenKi
*****?

Darkside_lover
could be that he was talking about his master and himself while telling anakin the legend....i dont know...

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Palpatine was lying to Anakin when he said he knew how to save Padme...

he says "...to cheat death is a power only one has been able to achieve...". And of course Plagueis didn't achieve this as he was killed in his sleep. So Palpatine must have been referring to Qui Gon being able to retain his identity...

wether or not Palpatine really believes that with Anakin's help they can discover the secret to immortality is unclear and unimportant. It's all in Palpatine's manipulation of Anakin to lure him to the Dark Side... Watch the movie again. Palps clearly states the irony of Plagueis' fate.

Obi-wan2005
did u see ep 3.. he explained that the sith leader was killed in his sleep...he could bring loved ones back to life...if he taught anakin that then he learned it from him...

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by Obi-wan2005
did u see ep 3.. he explained that the sith leader was killed in his sleep...he could bring loved ones back to life...if he taught anakin that then he learned it from him... I just watched the bootleg AGAIN, so YES, and Palps says that it is ironic that he could not save himself (Plagueis). Go watch again before trying to get sarcastic with me.

Robin Darkside
Isn't your bootleg version of starwars illegal

New_Born_Pyro
In the novel Palpy says that Plaguies was his master.

Robin Darkside
Straight answer, thank u

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
Watch the movie again. Palps clearly states the irony of Plagueis' fate.

I'm sorry... but what does that have to do with what I said? I realise Plagueis's fate was ironic...

What's your point?

Darth Plagueis
Isn't your bootleg version of starwars illegal What bootleg? Did I say Bootleg??? I meant my ...uh....my copy from....from the future! Yeah, thats it?

And why would you ask a question like that??????

Obi-wan2005
lol

Robin Darkside
What bootleg? Did I say Bootleg??? I meant my ...uh....my copy from....from the future! Yeah, thats it?

And why would you ask a question like that??????

Because I agree with Lucas on piracy

DeVi| D0do
Stealing is wrong.

Robin Darkside
I dont think anybody minds if they make Lucas rich

Darth Plagueis
Let me put it to you like this: I paid to see the movie in the theatre twice, bought the novel,I have spent lots of money on Ep.3 toys, and will STILL buy the official DVD the day it comes out.....Lucas will not have lost a penny (from me) by my being able to watch the film at home.

You know, IF I could...... wink

smoker4
Let me put it to you like this: I paid to see the movie in the theatre twice, bought the novel,I have spent lots of money on Ep.3 toys, and will STILL buy the official DVD the day it comes out.....Lucas will not have lost a penny (from me) by my being able to watch the film at home.

You know, IF I could...... wink

Ditto thumb up pirate

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I'm sorry... but what does that have to do with what I said? I realise Plagueis's fate was ironic...

What's your point? That was in response to this comment:
And of course Plagueis didn't achieve this as he was killed in his sleep. So Palpatine must have been referring to Qui Gon being able to retain his identity...

In other words Plagueis DID achieve this, and dying in his sleep was ironic in that he could save others, but not himself.

DeVi| D0do
mm, ok, I see what you're saying now...

makes sense.

juggernaut74
This is kinda off topic but I watched ROTJ today and something got me wondering.

When Palpatine was trying to lure Luke to the dark side he was telling him to take his Jedi weapon and strike me down with it.

Well when Luke grabbed it and was going to kill Palpatine Vader stopped him. Why did Vader stop Luke from killing Palpatine?

Was Vader actually trying to help Palpatine or Luke?

proffitt
Juggernaut,

Good point on the Vader/Luke duel from ROTJ. I never looked at it that way until I saw ROTS and you made that observation. Interesting point. Back when the movies first came out (and I was around for the debut in 1977) they were amazing and Vader was just evil and dark. When I saw ROTJ for the first time, I just thought that Vader was protecting his master. Now, considering everything that has been revealed, he most likely was helping Luke by preventing a confrontation with the Emperor. It seemed like he was protecting his master (from the Emperor's p.o.v.), but he was actually assisting his son.

finti
I am 100% canon kind of SW fan, I only regard the info provided by the movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.