Mace Vs Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil player007
who wins

jackstain
both from ROTS?

lil player007
yea

Darth L. Dipsit
Mace could pull this off.

Fishy
Mace, I mean I love Obi and all, but he can't match Mace.

Naga Sadow
Purple ownage

Lord_Windu
I say Mace.

Naga Sadow
Mace, althou it would be close. From what i have seen in a duel between Anakin and Obi-wan, Obi showed some amazing skills with saber...

Fishy
Oh yeah he was great, but you have to remember that he trained Anakin, you see them using the same style they make the same moves at the same time. Obi knows what Anakin is going to do and vice versa. Mace has a completly different style and is seen as one of the most powerful masters. It would be easier for Mace to take Obi then it would be for Anakin even if Anakin would have been more powerful then Mace.

Kiu Dun
Originally posted by Fishy
Oh yeah he was great, but you have to remember that he trained Anakin, you see them using the same style they make the same moves at the same time. Obi knows what Anakin is going to do and vice versa. Mace has a completly different style and is seen as one of the most powerful masters. It would be easier for Mace to take Obi then it would be for Anakin even if Anakin would have been more powerful then Mace.

They don't use the same style. Obi Wan uses Form III, and Anakin uses Form V. Obi would win. Since there's no setting, I'll use the setting of the Battle of Corucant, right in the middle of it. That means Obi's ninja skills wolud dominate over Mace's skills.

Naga Sadow
Nah, Obi wasnt powerful enough to fight Palpy(Yoda said it) and Mace owned Palps with relative ease. Mace would win. But i still say that it would be close.

Fishy
Originally posted by Kiu Dun
They don't use the same style. Obi Wan uses Form III, and Anakin uses Form V. Obi would win. Since there's no setting, I'll use the setting of the Battle of Corucant, right in the middle of it. That means Obi's ninja skills wolud dominate over Mace's skills.

Have you seen the movie? Have you seen how many times they did the exact same thing? They may not have used the same style but those fought almost the same, they worked together like a team knew each others moves and used it.

JPeg87

Sodo

Fishy
If i'd was my best friend, i'd be damn sad....

Besides I hate guns..

Darth_Nefarus
I argue, not necessarily think that he would, but I argue Obi-Wan would win.
While Grievous wasn't as impressive as he was in the clone wars cartoons, Obi-Wan worked him quite well. And Grievous was the hand to hand Jedi hunter. Then he worked Anakin, whose connection to the force, combined with the darkside, made him nearly invincible. I mean, yeah he lost, and totally got burned to a crisp, but Vader survived.

Their forms are different, but their forms also mirror one another. Obi-Wan's is defensive, while Anakin's is offensive, and yes, they knew each other quite well. But I still think, despite what Yoda said, that Obi-Wan could have taken it to Sidious. Obi-Wan is like right under Yoda/tied with Mace, if not better.

Fishy
I agree that what Obi did was impressive, I love the guy and he was a great Jedi. I respect the guy for moving on and everything but I really do not think he could match Mace.

Would Anakin have told Mace he would need help when going after GG? Okay Obi owned the guy but everybody knew Mace could have done that. Actually just meaning that Obi was underestimated by ROTS and he may have been more powerful then people thought meaning that i'm now kinda destroying my own point.

Anyways I still Mace would win, he's seen as greater by pretty much everybody probably for a reason.

Darth_Janus

jackstain
Obi is a ninja......but Mace is a ninja who drinks malt-liquor and says f*ck a lot.

Darth_Janus
Amen, brutha.

Lord_Windu
But it would be a sweet fight though. Obi-Wan COULD win if he pulls of some nonsense keninja move and stabs him in the back or something.

jackstain
could....but probably wouldnt.

Fishy
He has beaten impossible odds before...

Darth_Janus
True. Obi beat Grievious, Maul, survived Jango and his ship, Anakin at the height of his powers.... The man can survive.

Fishy
I said impossible, GG should be removed from that list

Darth_Janus
Well, before ROTS came out, Grievious was considered better than most because of that Clone Wars cartoon, and his accomplishments in killing no name Jedi like it was his job.

Besides, Obi-Wan is the reason the Empire fell, when you think of it. He is the one who fostered the last hope.

Fishy

Darth_Janus
Logically, Jar Jar and Padme are responsible for the deaths of all those Jedi younglings, too.

Fishy

Bobafetty
Im sure mace would win

Darth_Nefarus
Obi-Wan is notorious for defeating people superior to him in skill or power. He could and would beat Mace.

Bobafetty
Do your homework!

Gryn Jabar
? Mace is lured to easily by the dark side. Obi-Wan would do something to get him hella mad, then exploit it.

Fishy
I don't think Mace is that stupid, although he might which could make him weaker or a lot more powerful. Mace is one to be careful with..

Bobafetty
Yes! Good job fishy!

Lord Mader
Obi would winhttp://gwiezdne-wojny.pl/grafika/wrz2001/insider14.jpg

Nai Fohl
Obi-Wan would win against Mace.

There is no way to defeat a Soresu master like Obi-Wan in a lightsaber duel because you won't get a chance to hit him. If you read the RotS book written by Matthew Stover you'll find some lines that state Obi-Wan might be the best lightsaber duelist alive.

Mace himself says:
- that Obi-Wan might be the only Jedi who can defeat General Grievous
- that Obi-Wan is the "true" master of lightsaber combat because:
a) he is the master of the "classical" fighting style
b) he has no weakness that he has to compensate by using a certain combatstyle (Yoda uses Ataro because of his lack of range and Mace uses Vaapad to use his "darkness" as a weapon of light)

So Obi-Wan would win against Mace.

Darth_Janus
I'm undecided myself. I don't exactly put too much into the ROTS book, because the novelisations tend to glamourize the movie characters a lot. But after reading Shatterpoint, I find Mace to be every bit as cunning and wise as Obi if not moreso. This won't be a straightforward match. I believe it can go either way.

nolan lepaz
Windu would beat Obi-wan. I hate to say that because I like obi-wan but I'm a realist and I know he'll die.

Bobafetty
true

Fishy
I'm with Janus on this one, Mace is superior to Obi... But with Obi you just never know what will happen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.