crossover 16 man elimanation tournement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
just an old school 16 man elemanation tournement.
Each match is held within a ring where the constestants can use their powers to the full,without deystroying anything other than the opponent.
the ring is 100ftby100ft.each fighter gets 15 min prep before the match.All contestants have their standard weaponry.

1.batman vs elektra
2.the thing vs hercules
3.luke skywalker vs the invisible woman
4.dante(devil may cry) vs wonder woman
5.dare devil vs the human torch
6.collusus vs scorpion(mortal kombat)
7.cannonball vs venom
8.the vision vs captain america

remember,it's a gauntlet so the figheters keep advancing and won't get a lot of rest before the next match.

mr.smiley
match 1=batman
match 2=thing = thing (i think thing might have more endurance in round 2)
=dante
match 3=skywalker
match4=dante = dante

match 5=daredevil =?
match 6=colussus =colussus

match 7=cannonball =vision
match 8=vision = vision

Bialaska
Round 1:
1. Batman
2. Hercules
3. Sue Storm
4. Wonder Woman
5. Johnny Storm
6. Collusus
7. Venom
8. Vision

Round 2
1 vs 2: Hercules
3 vs 4: Sue Storm
5 vs 6: Colossus
7 vs 8: Vision

Round 3:
2 vs 3: Sue Storm
6 vs 8: Vision

Final round:
3 vs 8: Sue Storm

Winner: Sue Storm, Invisible Woman

Scoobless
no way can the Invisible woman beat a Jedi Master

leonidas
ah, man . . . not this jedi stuff again . . . (groan . . .)

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
ah, man . . . not this jedi stuff again . . . (groan . . .)

well if people who put them into threads and discussed them ever read some star wars books and comics it may not be so groan-worthy..... give it a shot.... it might broaden your horizons

DigiMark007
I'll have to agree with Scoob (grr..). If it's "current" Jedi Master Luke we're talking about, and not movie Luke, that opens a world of possibility. Sue might have a shot, and Vision might too, but a Jedi Master would be a tough task to handle for any of these people.

In general, I think the Star Wars people should be left out of "comic" debates, but if they're there, I'll gladly tell you what I think...and more often than not I think people on this forum give them way too little credit.

Speaking of which...off to see Episode III (was out of town for the release)...WOOT!

-DM

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'll have to agree with Scoob (grr..). If it's "current" Jedi Master Luke we're talking about, and not movie Luke, that opens a world of possibility. Sue might have a shot, and Vision might too, but a Jedi Master would be a tough task to handle for any of these people.

In general, I think the Star Wars people should be left out of "comic" debates, but if they're there, I'll gladly tell you what I think...and more often than not I think people on this forum give them way too little credit.

Speaking of which...off to see Episode III (was out of town for the release)...WOOT!

-DM

*pssst*......ANAKIN TURNS INTO DARTH VADER IN THE END!.....

mwuhahahahaha

another plot twist ruined

evil face

i saw it on wednesday.... it's not too shabby

MrHeavySilence
1.batman vs elektra

BATMAN

2.the thing vs hercules

HERCULES

3.luke skywalker vs the invisible woman

LUKE SKYWALKER

4.dante(devil may cry) vs wonder woman

WONDER WOMAN

5.dare devil vs the human torch

DARE DEVIL

6.collusus vs scorpion(mortal kombat)

COLOSSUS

7.cannonball vs venom

VENOM

8.the vision vs captain america

CAPTAIN AMERICA

Bialaska
Considering that Sue's shield is capable of withstanding any type of attack from bullets up to nuclear warheads and prevents the use of telepathic attacks, I'm not sure exactly what chance Luke Skywalker would have to even scratch Sue. And well, Sue has a super versatility with her powers, from blades created by force, bubbles that prevents breathing, etc.

mr.smiley
that what i was thinking

Lord Ryugen
Round 1 winners
1. Batman
2. Hercules
3. Luke
4. WW
5. HT
6. Collossus
7. Cannonball
8. Vision

Round 2 winners
1. Hercules
2. WW
3. HT
4. Vision

Round 3 winners
1. WW
2. Vision

Champion of last match
Wonder Woman.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Bialaska
Considering that Sue's shield is capable of withstanding any type of attack from bullets up to nuclear warheads and prevents the use of telepathic attacks, I'm not sure exactly what chance Luke Skywalker would have to even scratch Sue. And well, Sue has a super versatility with her powers, from blades created by force, bubbles that prevents breathing, etc.

when has sue blocked telepathy?... either way the force isn't exactly the same thing as regular telepathy/telekinesis... it flows through everything (so they say) therefore barriers wouldn't be a problem

leonidas
<<well if people who put them into threads and discussed them ever read some star wars books and comics it may not be so groan-worthy..... give it a shot.... it might broaden your horizons>>

it might and i actually HAVE read a star wars novel - didn't much care for it so i'll not be reading any more. point is, there are only a very few on this site who seem to understand (and i am NOT among them) the power levels of jedis. as a result, again jedi related topic turns into a disaster. i'm with digi - they should be left out of comic discussions. in that vein i'm thinking sue wins this, but betting by ww is a *****!

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
<<well if people who put them into threads and discussed them ever read some star wars books and comics it may not be so groan-worthy..... give it a shot.... it might broaden your horizons>>

it might and i actually HAVE read a star wars novel - didn't much care for it so i'll not be reading any more. point is, there are only a very few on this site who seem to understand (and i am NOT among them) the power levels of jedis. as a result, again jedi related topic turns into a disaster. i'm with digi - they should be left out of comic discussions. in that vein i'm thinking sue wins this, but betting by ww is a *****!

i agree that Star Wars should probably be left out of most of these discussions as the majority of people base all their arguments on the handful of power usages seen in the films

which book did you read? (i've only read a few but they aren't bad.... you should read the "Heir to the Empire" trilogy)

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
you should read the "Heir to the Empire" trilogy)

Good advice for anyone looking to read some Star Wars.

There's a lot of them (I consider myself a SW dork and even I've only read about half of them), but those three are damn good and take place not too long after the movies.

But to back up what I said earlier, the whole "The Force flows through everything" argument is great and all...but even the powerful Jedi have their limits. Accurately determining those limits as it applies to more "mainstream" comic characters is the hard part, and even I don't feel qualified to know exactly what would happen...Luke vs. Sue in this thread is a good example. That's the main reason why I dislike crossing Star Wars with Marvel/DC/etc.

-DM

P.S. Episode III rocked. It makes Episodes I and II look like that weird relative you don't like to talk about.

mr.smiley
I know skywalker turns evil to balance out the force.So in a sense he almost becomes his father,but he realizes his place,opposed to vader.
However,I don't know if most star wars fans consider the books to go with continuity.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
But to back up what I said earlier, the whole "The Force flows through everything" argument is great and all...but even the powerful Jedi have their limits. Accurately determining those limits as it applies to more "mainstream" comic characters is the hard part.

i know.... but even in the films the Emperor could sense what was happening on Endor from the Death Star from behind a shield, Vader was able to communicate with Luke over vast distances and Vader choked a guy on another starship which, presumably, had some form of shielding

i doubt a force field would stop force powers

Scoobless
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I know skywalker turns evil to balance out the force.So in a sense he almost becomes his father,but he realizes his place,opposed to vader.
However,I don't know if most star wars fans consider the books to go with continuity.

some of the books, such as "Heir to the Empire" were authorised and are reffered to in many of the other books as canon

leonidas
the one i read had the children of luke and leia in it. there were these creatures that were immune to the force and an assassin of some sort . . . damn, can't remember much more. i read it quite some time ago. i'm not sure comparing sue's force field with a ship's forcefield is a fair comparison. sue generates them from her mind. perhaps that would make a difference? perhaps i'll take a peek at the books you mentioned. if only to be able to debate more knowledgeably!

Scoobless
"the children of luke and leia" = intergalactic insest

lol

Creshosk
Originally posted by Scoobless
"the children of luke and leia" = intergalactic insest

lol That's what I was thinking lol . .

But you know what he means right? Ben Skywalker, Anakin and Jania Solo etc. . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.