Skywalkers, the strongest blood line to the Force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Plagues
Through everything I've ever read, seen, and played, I belive that the Skywalker bloodline is the strongest known to the Force. Think about it Luke Skywalker was trained in the Force for only a short time (perhaps a week or two-correct me if I'm wrong) and was able to defeat Darth Vader, The strongest Sith Lord to ever live.

Darth Revan33
Vader is very far from the strongest Sith Lord to ever live, especially in his tin man suit. Just about every other Sith Lord is considered stronger than him.

Lord_Windu
Bucket o bolts Vader, the strongest sith lord ever???

No way.

Darth_Janus
I'm so glad people like this have all the facts before they make an "informed opinion".

Refer to my long spiel on the NJo LUke Mace Obi Anakin Yoda and God versus Revan, Wimpy Maul, already pwned Sidious, and crappy Grievious thread. It should dispel that illusion right quick. Either that or heavily enforce your position. Either way, I hath spoken.

Human Vader
well if anikan hadnt been cut down by obi wan, he would have become the most powerful jedi ever to live. sidious states himself that vader would have become more powerful then he or yoda, who were probably the most powerful force users in the movies. but since vader was defeated and became mechanical he lost a lot of his power and int anywhere near the most powerful. but id have to agree and say the skywalker bloodline is the strongest. luke became a knight in a very short period of time and anakin was born through the force so theyd have to be the most powerful family. btw does anyone know lukes midichlorian count? im courious to see if its above or below vader's, i know its never said in the movies, but EU perhaps?

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Human Vader
well if anikan hadnt been cut down by obi wan, he would have become the most powerful jedi ever to live. sidious states himself that vader would have become more powerful then he or yoda, who were probably the most powerful force users in the movies. but since vader was defeated and became mechanical he lost a lot of his power and int anywhere near the most powerful. but id have to agree and say the skywalker bloodline is the strongest. luke became a knight in a very short period of time and anakin was born through the force so theyd have to be the most powerful family. btw does anyone know lukes midichlorian count? im courious to see if its above or below vader's, i know its never said in the movies, but EU perhaps?

Phew...

Anakin had the -potential- to become one of the strongest Force users of all time. It's like saying the child of Einstein had the potential to solve E=MC squared, but then he was kicked by a horse and now can't remember his own name. In any case, he wasn't anywhere near the level of Sith or most major Jedi before his time (Since this is a forum where we consider EU as something to include, not just something to add to our movie biased viewpoints...) In any case, Anakin didn't even defeat Obi Wan or Sidious in ROTS, so he obviously had a long way to go.

Luke becoming a knight is hilarious. Luke isn't qualified to be a Jedi padawan let alone a Jedi knight. The Jedi order died with Yoda and Obi-Wan. Those few exiles who remained hiding in the shadows were not Jedi any longer, and Luke Skywalker basically built his own order from scratch, which I find absolutely unreal but whatever. Point is, it's like NATO dissolving and then some new country that barely qualified for membership in the organisation comes along and ressurects the organisation, qualifying itself for any position it wants. It's not prestige if you made the title up. And besides, you can't say Luke by ROTJ (A few months or years training, as everyone rabidly goes on about) was a full fledged Jedi Knight! TPM Obi-Wan was more capable than him. AOTC Anakin, a padawan, fought better and had better control of the Force than him. Luke hadn't even used the Force before the end of ANH consciously. If you think Luke's speed training crash course makes him a padawan or even more, a knight... you're crazy. And he may be a master in this NJO, but only because he is the most experienced Jedi in his timeperiod... not because he's so damn powerful compared to all who come before him.

And the Skywalker bloodline isn't the strongest in the Force. For one, Shmi was a slave with no special talents. Annie's spiritual conception may make him exceptional, but it doesn't make him AND all his progeny with a woman of no Force sensitivity even potentially on the same scale as him or above.

And in any case, NJO Luke is starting to become the new Vader/Anakin in this forum since ROTS came out. I guess Anakin wasn't the god everyone built him up to be.

Dole
I believe that Anakin could be the strongest of all jedi and sith, but when he lost padme his lost for power was gone, because he was trying to reach the ultimate power for her. For senator palpatine, he was defetat by mace windu, and almost by yoda but yoda was unlucky and fell off.

Dole
I agree with Janus Marius, Luke Skywalker wasnt eaven a Jedi, and you put him in top 5 force users. The strongest was Yoda and Mace Windu, Anakin had possibility but he fuked up.

Galan007
Originally posted by Dole
For senator palpatine, he was defetat by mace windu, and almost by yoda but yoda was unlucky and fell off. Mace had Vaapad and Shatterpoint working for him, and he still barely managed to defeat Sidious. Yoda may have been his rough equal (slight edge to Palps imo) but my God... It's friggin' Yoda. No low showings to be had there.

As for the 5 year old question at hand: The Skywalker bloodline seems to be the strongest, by far.

truejedi
Considering Anakin was created BY THE FORCE... yeah. Not to mention quotes from QGJ, Yoda, Mace, Sidious, not to mention god... (GL) this is kinda a silly thread to bump, don't ya think?

Dole
still the 3 jedies are died in 3 sec, and Mace fought palpatine alone and defeat him, and if you watch the scene where yoda and palapatine are holding the lightnigh you will se the strugle of palpatine. Skywalker line is the strongest just because of Anakin, Luke wasnt that strong he was just strong as an ordinary Jedi. Anakin probably let him go because he couldnt kill his own son. And if you watch the movie anakin was the choosen one (he did destroyed the sith by killing palpatine), but when Padme died he lost his will for power and he wasnt becomming more powerful as he supposed to become

truejedi
Nope, Luke became what Anakin was supposed to become according to GL. (Who is god of SW)

Dole
Eaven George Lucas said that Anakin was chosen one and he created the story, he did eventualy destroyed the Sith, Luke just made him "look". Luke was never good as Obi wan or any Jedi worth to speak of and remember that Obi wan was weaker then Yoda, Mace, Palpatin and Anakin (he beat him because of higher ground), maybe Luke could become one of the greatest Jedies, but in the movie he was just ordinary jedi.

truejedi
I have a question to ask you. Do you know what EU means?

Dole
nope, it would be nice that you explain

truejedi
Okay. Its the expanded universe. The hundreds and hundreds of books(and video games, and comic books, and everything else, etc) within which Luke became the most powerful Jedi in history. : )

Dole
Still i was saying that anakin didnt reach his potential, he didnt reach even half of his potential. He was created by midiclorians, if he had reach his full potential he would be the most strongest Jeda/Sith of all time, and Luke wasnt never good (in movies) as any Jedi that we saw in movies.

truejedi
Asking if Anakin reached his potential is definitly not what the thread was asking. As far as potential goes, Anakin was THE epitome of it. Luke, according to Lucas shares that potential. Where is the contradiction? What Luke did in the movies only shows something like the first couple years of his training. Hardly enough for someone to write him off.

How good do you think Sidious was in his first 3 years of training?

MasterAshenVor
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Phew...

Anakin had the -potential- to become one of the strongest Force users of all time. It's like saying the child of Einstein had the potential to solve E=MC squared, but then he was kicked by a horse and now can't remember his own name. In any case, he wasn't anywhere near the level of Sith or most major Jedi before his time (Since this is a forum where we consider EU as something to include, not just something to add to our movie biased viewpoints...) In any case, Anakin didn't even defeat Obi Wan or Sidious in ROTS, so he obviously had a long way to go.

Luke becoming a knight is hilarious. Luke isn't qualified to be a Jedi padawan let alone a Jedi knight. The Jedi order died with Yoda and Obi-Wan. Those few exiles who remained hiding in the shadows were not Jedi any longer, and Luke Skywalker basically built his own order from scratch, which I find absolutely unreal but whatever. Point is, it's like NATO dissolving and then some new country that barely qualified for membership in the organisation comes along and ressurects the organisation, qualifying itself for any position it wants. It's not prestige if you made the title up. And besides, you can't say Luke by ROTJ (A few months or years training, as everyone rabidly goes on about) was a full fledged Jedi Knight! TPM Obi-Wan was more capable than him. AOTC Anakin, a padawan, fought better and had better control of the Force than him. Luke hadn't even used the Force before the end of ANH consciously. If you think Luke's speed training crash course makes him a padawan or even more, a knight... you're crazy. And he may be a master in this NJO, but only because he is the most experienced Jedi in his timeperiod... not because he's so damn powerful compared to all who come before him.

And the Skywalker bloodline isn't the strongest in the Force. For one, Shmi was a slave with no special talents. Annie's spiritual conception may make him exceptional, but it doesn't make him AND all his progeny with a woman of no Force sensitivity even potentially on the same scale as him or above.

And in any case, NJO Luke is starting to become the new Vader/Anakin in this forum since ROTS came out. I guess Anakin wasn't the god everyone built him up to be.

Are you the love child of Darth Traya? You talk just like Traya from KOTOR II when she refers to the Exile/Hiding Jedi and the Jedi of the past Order. You also sound like the Ancient Jedi Order.

Don't diss people because they are different bro. just roll with it.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Are you the love child of Darth Traya? You talk just like Traya from KOTOR II when she refers to the Exile/Hiding Jedi and the Jedi of the past Order. You also sound like the Ancient Jedi Order. ... the f*ck?

Why are you lecturing the five year old post of a member who no longer comes here?

Q99
And aside from Anakin and Luke, you have Caedus, a seriously powerful Sith Lord, Jaina, able to fight with him, Cade, able to *raise the dead*, and Kol... well, we don't know much about Kol other than he seemed to lead the council and took down 7 sith with him when he died.

Lesse, what other dynasties of force users are there to compare... well, the Hetts were very good, Sharad was a legend and Krayt was massively powerful, but I don't think that's quite Skywalker level. Marek never had the chance to extend into a bloodline. Hm, the Horns were quite powerful, but limited in some areas (bad at TK).

MasterAshenVor
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
... the f*ck?

Why are you lecturing the five year old post of a member who no longer comes here?

Because it's fun smile

Gideon
I don't really intend to argue this (though I suppose I could if I had to), but I think the idea that having the last name Skywalker means you'll be some sort of cosmic Force-wielding badass is just down-right retarded.

First off, the idea that either Luke or Leia's potential comes close to Anakin's is preposterous. Canon dictates that Anakin was a once-in-a-million-years vergence of the Force that had a universal effect; his affinity for the Force is inextricably linked to his status as the Chosen One; the idea that any descendent is his peer in terms of Force potential pisses all over that.

Second, the idea that Leia's potential is equal to Luke's is also stupid for similar reasons.

truejedi
Originally posted by Gideon

Second, the idea that Leia's potential is equal to Luke's is also stupid for similar reasons.

confused

Q99
Yoda did consider her another possibility for the job if Luke fell, right in the movie. She didn't reach her potential, but it had to be well up there.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Q99
Yoda did consider her another possibility for the job if Luke fell, right in the movie. She didn't reach her potential, but it had to be well up there. Actually, he was talking about Pink Five.

ares834
First off, the idea that either Luke or Leia's potential comes close to Anakin's is preposterous. Canon dictates that Anakin was a once-in-a-million-years vergence of the Force that had a universal effect; his affinity for the Force is inextricably linked to his status as the Chosen One; the idea that any descendent is his peer in terms of Force potential pisses all over that.
Agreed. I have seen people claim Jacen and even Cade Skywalker have potentials that are equal to that of Anakin. It's bullshit. ANd is of course impossible to tell. All we know is that Luke's has the potential to surpass Palpatine (confirmed by GL in an interview). But no where has he stated he has an equal potential to Anakin.

It was confirmed in The Shadows of Mindor that they have equal potential.

Q99
Later Skywalkers aren't going to have quite as much, but they do have a heck of a lot and stand apart from just about everyone else.

Enyalus
The strongest Force dynasty is obviously Bane, by himself, transferring his power and awesomeness down through Zannah and Cognus and everyone to Plagueis, culminating in him assuming the identity of Palpatine and Darth Sidious, which is clearly where the character we think of as Sidious learned his essence transference technique.

IT'S ALL IN DYNASTY OF EVIL, MAN - READ IT!!!

Gideon
Karpyshyn confirmed on his website that Bane died in his attempt to possess Zannah.

Sorry. no expression

Enyalus
Damn you, Gideon. That's where I got the idea from. His spoiler page.

Gideon
Hearing "damn you" reminds me of my childhood....

*cue early '90s flashback sequence*

no expression

Enyalus
I wish I could follow your train of thought, sweet prince.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Enyalus
The strongest Force dynasty is obviously Bane, by himself, transferring his power and awesomeness down through Zannah and Cognus and everyone to Plagueis, culminating in him assuming the identity of Palpatine and Darth Sidious, which is clearly where the character we think of as Sidious learned his essence transference technique.

IT'S ALL IN DYNASTY OF EVIL, MAN - READ IT!!!
thumb up

SWFan4Life
I don't really intend to argue this (though I suppose I could if I had to), but I think the idea that having the last name Skywalker means you'll be some sort of cosmic Force-wielding badass is just down-right retarded.

George Lucas has stated that Luke has the same Force potential as his father, which is why both Darth Vader and the Emperor were willing to turn on each other to gain Luke as their apprentice. Luke is said to represent Anakin's full potential, if Anakin had lived to achieve it rather than suffer the horrible fate that made him more machine than man. Lucas also mentions that Luke's Force potential was even more powerful than Emperor Palpatine's.
-Taken from Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back Director's Commentary

'nuff said.

ares834
Originally posted by SWFan4Life
George Lucas has stated that Luke has the same Force potential as his father
Direct quote please.

Enyalus
Originally posted by ares834
Direct quote please.
As far as I know, it's only on video - not in a directly quotable text.

truejedi
ROTS DVD extra's, right?

Enyalus
Originally posted by truejedi
ROTS DVD extra's, right?
-Taken from Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back Director's Commentary

SWFan4Life
Direct quote please.

As mentioned in the post above, it is only on video. But I will tell you exactly which scene. Go out and buy the Empire Strikes Back DVD and play it with audio commentary by George Lucas, Irvin Kushner, etc.

In the duel between Vader and Luke on Cloud City, right after Vader directs Luke to fall into the carbon freeze chamber, the audio commentary has George Lucas saying,

"At this point, Vader's plan, now that he knows Luke is his son, is to convince him to come with him and join the dark side, and together they're going to overthrow the Emperor, which is the thematic device used through the whole movies, in terms of Sith, which is if you have Sith Lords, there's usually no more than two, because if there's three, then two of them will gang up on one of them, and try to become the dominant Sith. Anakin would have been able to do it, if he hadn't been debilitated, and now he's half-machine and half-man, so he's lost alot of the power of the Force, and lost a lot of visibility to be more powerful than the Emperor. But Luke has it, Luke is Vader's hope."

Additionally, another quote from George Lucas:

"Anakin wasn't what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that."

This is from the Rolling Stones magazine interview of GL, i believe.

If you still can't choose to accept it, go ahead and email GL to be sure.

ares834
As mentioned in the post above, it is only on video. But I will tell you exactly which scene. Go out and buy the Empire Strikes Back DVD and play it with audio commentary by George Lucas, Irvin Kushner, etc.

In the duel between Vader and Luke on Cloud City, right after Vader directs Luke to fall into the carbon freeze chamber, the audio commentary has George Lucas saying,

"At this point, Vader's plan, now that he knows Luke is his son, is to convince him to come with him and join the dark side, and together they're going to overthrow the Emperor, which is the thematic device used through the whole movies, in terms of Sith, which is if you have Sith Lords, there's usually no more than two, because if there's three, then two of them will gang up on one of them, and try to become the dominant Sith. Anakin would have been able to do it, if he hadn't been debilitated, and now he's half-machine and half-man, so he's lost alot of the power of the Force, and lost a lot of visibility to be more powerful than the Emperor. But Luke has it, Luke is Vader's hope."
Notice how this quote talks about how "Luke has it" to become "more powerful than the Emperor" not that he has Anakin's potential.

That quote is taken out of context. You are right it is in the Rolloning Stones interview but when read what it clearly means when it says "the son could become that" is that Luke could become more powerful than the emperor.
"Which is what the Emperor was looking for in the first place: somebody who would be more powerful than he was and could help him rule the universe. But Obi-Wan screwed that up by cutting off his arms and legs and burning him up. From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor -- he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn't what he was supposed to become, but the son could become that."

SWFan4Life
Notice how this quote talks about how "Luke has it" to become "more powerful than the Emperor" not that he has Anakin's potential.

That quote is taken out of context. You are right it is in the Rolloning Stones interview but when read what it clearly means when it says "the son could become that" is that Luke could become more powerful than the emperor.
"Which is what the Emperor was looking for in the first place: somebody who would be more powerful than he was and could help him rule the universe. But Obi-Wan screwed that up by cutting off his arms and legs and burning him up. From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor -- he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn't what he was supposed to become, but the son could become that."

So, Anakin wasn't supposed to become more powerful than the Emperor, even though he could have, but was cut up, so instead his son could become that?

Well, how does this demonstrate that Anakin's potential is greater than Luke's? Based on the full quote above, that doesn't demonstrate Anakin pre-cut up had more potential than Luke.

Yes, Anakin was a vergence in the Force, yes, the Jedi believed him to be the chosen one, and GL said as much. But based on the context presented above, both Anakin and Luke had the potential to be more powerful than the Emperor, but that doesn't explain which is more powerful.

Did Lucas ever say that Anakin had more potential than Luke?

Gideon

You're assuming that "being more powerful than the Emperor" = "the same potential as Anakin."

Not the case.

SWFan4Life

You're assuming that "being more powerful than the Emperor" = "the same potential as Anakin."

Not the case.

I should have said that the article didn't explain that anakin had more potential than luke.

Apologies, did not mean to convey that idea. I was trying to point out that Lucas comments in the Rolling Stones article says that both Anakin and Luke could become more powerful than the Emperor. It didn't specify that anakin had more potential than luke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.