Anakin's Demise: Two Flaws

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
1.) In Episode VI, we see Vader unmasked. There's a huge gash on his head. WHERE did it come from? I saw him receive no gash to the head from Obi.

2.) WHY did he stop burning? Did the fire magically go away? Theoretically he should've kept burning until there was nothing left of him, or until Palps brought out the magical force fire extingusher on him.

bilb
Gee Kozz, what a great idea for a thread!!! stick out tongue

BAILY
Well... use your imagination there Koz....... He did have a gash from when he rolled down the side of the cliff... he hit his head on a big rock.... and as for the exguishing the fire.... well this is what I think..... he used his remaining strength (very little) to exguinish himself.....

tpaquin
People are not flammable. Leather and 70's hair are. He kept burining until they were burned off.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by JKozzy
1.) In Episode VI, we see Vader unmasked. There's a huge gash on his head. WHERE did it come from? I saw him receive no gash to the head from Obi.

2.) WHY did he stop burning? Did the fire magically go away? Theoretically he should've kept burning until there was nothing left of him, or until Palps brought out the magical force fire extingusher on him.

Watch his head while he is burning. You see the gash open up.

GCG

SW physics

eek!

ESP07
Where did his spinal damage come from?

tpaquin
Originally posted by ESP07
Where did his spinal damage come from? that was speculative

rubber dickie
i thought he had scoliosis.

DarkYoda
The Force. big grin

Everything can be explained by the force! Happy Dance

Gryn Jabar
What spinal damage?

rubber dickie
WHY did he stop burning? Did the fire magically go away? Theoretically he should've kept burning until there was nothing left of him, or until Palps brought out the magical force fire extingusher on him.

the human body is 90% percent water (give or take)... it would've been magic fire if he continued burning.

Sadako of Girth
Unless the "wick effect" observed in Human ("Not-so"in this case) spontaneous combustion.... But then it would be pretty unlikely that Palps'd find that much left of Anakin after THAT though....

jay bird
If you look closly at Anakin gash . . . you can probally figure out were it came from . . .

If you look at the sea of lava in the background you'll probally notice that it flares up and blows a little from time to time . .

throwing rock and ash!!!

mysterio69
or....lucas put a gash on his head in return of ROTJ, and couldn't figure out how to give him the gash in ROTS, and just put it in there for continuity.

Ben-Kenobi
Well kozz the reason he stoped burningi sb ecause all of his 100% cotton jedi robes melted to his skin that combined with him rollin around pretty much would have exausted the fire around him

astrofan428
I know you are asking about how he got it, but did he have the gash in ROTS?

supercybergeek
stop this thread it is insane. you guys are analyzing fiction. LOL

bilb
Originally posted by mysterio69
or....lucas put a gash on his head in return of ROTJ, and couldn't figure out how to give him the gash in ROTS, and just put it in there for continuity.

My thinking exactly!!

When he is on the lava bank and is burning, he has a full head of hair, no blood, no gash, nada.. Then AFTER he burns & extinguishes he has a HUGE gash on the left side of his head. he got a MAJOR skull wound by laying in one place for 30 secs!! I know its a silly thing but really now!! We have been talking about Anakin since he was unmasked in ROTJ.. did they think we wouldnt notice?? :P

ubidoobascooby
Originally posted by rubber dickie
the human body is 90% percent water (give or take)... it would've been magic fire if he continued burning.

lol, this statistic changes all the time. But I know it's not 90%
I'm pretty sure it goes no higher than 70% Unless you have a bowl of water for a brain? eek!

I saw Anikans gash on his head no problem. So did other people.
And just as explained before.. The human body isn't a great conductor for fire. The stories you hear about people massively burned in a fire accident usually involves catalists. Such as wairing flamable clothes and being caught in overwhelming flames. Also note the fire didn't go out instentaniously in the shot.

hold a burning match on your arm. It'll hurt like hell but the fire won't spread.

Plus... it's science fiction.. who cares.

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by supercybergeek
stop this thread it is insane. you guys are analyzing fiction. LOL
that's pretty much the point of the forum....

astrofan428
We arent just here to criticise,we are also here to solve SW's unsolved mysteries.

xeous
And let the fanboys get mad when you say that Lucas effed up.

Altar[1stONE]
anyone listen to the immolation scene track on the rots soundtrack. God that whole part replays over and over in my head. Especially when his stubs caught on fire and then the rest of his body, and those agonizing screams.. so sad. sad

astrofan428
His face really sold it, especially when you see him after his legs catch fire, he looks at Obi like "please".

Altar[1stONE]
i think i teared up at that part, especially with his helpless look . Obviously obi wan cant forget anakins sins so he left him there. but after anakin burns you see that vengeful look, like wait till we meet again.

astrofan428
When he first starts to flame he looks like he is in so much agony, and then when he is completely engulfed he reaches out his hand to Obi-Wan.

Altar[1stONE]
no why obi wan why!! where did you get that picture to? if there is a clip of that whole scene can you send me the link? please

astrofan428
Shhhhhhh, nothing to see here. Dont ask for stuff like that here, get me in trouble, I had to get permission to post these pics.

Altar[1stONE]
can you pm me the link or whatever?

astrofan428
SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

ESP07
TFN did a whole write up of Vader's injurys awhile back. There were still photos from RoTJ where vader was getting shocked by the Emporors lightning that show his skeleton and the bionic implants in his neck.

ESP07
Here......http://www.theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html

chuxterofdoom
Hey new to the forums here and thought I'd put my $.02 in.

What if now this is a pretty good what if....Anakin got that gash from some past battle that him and Obi were in while fighting in the war. Then the fire that burns him at the end in ROTS just simply reopens this gash. Might it be that simple? wink

bilb
That could work Chux.....

JediMasterRetro
Yesthats could be it when his hair is burned off we see it he suffered the gash in the clone wars

Red Superfly
Anakin's clothes and hair made him burn. Skin doesn't burn like clothing does. There needs to be something on the skin to cause such burning.

His gash is caused by fire. Fire is random. It just decided to burn heavily on that part of his head. Makes sense.

As for the "helpless" thing, I didn't think so. I never got the impression that he was reaching out to Obi-Wan. I got the impression he was in a lot of pain, but it fuelled his anger and hate, the bits where he is clawing up the bank gave me the impression he was still trying to fight, he was trying to get back to Obi-Wan, like the killer in a horror movie. Even under such pain, he was still trying to attack. I don't think for one second he had a look of "help me". His look was more like "I'm gonna get you! Come here!".

It was a brilliant image, of Anakin becoming totally inhuman and machine like. He was like an insect with no legs, like a machine. I thought it was great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.