The Authority plus Mr. Majestic VS The JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Who takes it? Both sides have a week of prep and to prepare for anything. Only catch is, they no nothing of each others powers.

Authority:

Apollo
The Doctor
Jenny Quantum
Swift
Midnighter
Engineer

plus Mr. Majestic

VS.

The JLA:

Wonder Woman
Zatanna
Captain Atom
Hawkgirl(On loan from JSA)
Batman
Steel

and Superman(current)

Who takes it?

Debate.

DigiMark007
They don't need Majestic. The JLA are screwed.

I just read the "Earth Inferno" story arc in Authority and learned a few things...I'm a Doctor fanboy and all, but even with my bias I think that it's safe to say a well written Doctor could take out the entire JLA. A well-written Doctor (a previous, evil Doctor...not the current one) toys with the Authority and only loses because his mind experiences "Enlightenment" and begins to empathize with all life. Otherwise the Authority was screwed.

Jenny Quantum's a baby right now...not sure how much she'd do (she's powerful though). Minus the Doctor, and maybe Majestic too, and you'd have a good fight (you forgot Jack Hawksmoor for The Authority though). Otherwise it's a curbstomp.

-DM

Sentry
I left Hawksmoor out, it would have been one sided I think. I just started reading Authority comics. I love it.

Scoobless
i have to go with the Authority on this, i recently picked up a few of their books as a bunch of people here kept using them in threads..... they don't hold back and wouldn't hesitate to kill any of the JLA.... you should leave Jenny out as she's only a baby (well, she is up to the point that i've read to)

DigiMark007
The Authority's only noticable weakness is lack of a strong telepath...after reading most of the Authority that exists, I still don't know exactly what the Doctor can and can't do telepathically. It might be possible for Manhunter to simply shut them all down...somehow I think it's unlikely, but probably possible. I still think The Authority wins, but that's the JLA's only chance.

-DM

Scoobless
i would imagine the Engineer could whip up some jamming device to deal with telepathy...... i mean they already have "radiotelepathy" so why not have it on a secure line jamming all other signals?

DigiMark007
Good point with the radiotelepathy. They'd need at least a little bit of prep though. Manhunter would have most of them shut down before the Engineer thought to make it a "secure channel."

Hawksmoor and Midnighter (to a lesser extent) were both taken over by a telepath in Volume 2 (Issue 8??) and presumably others of the group could have been too. The Doctor breaks his telepathic hold on the people of the world, which would imply him being a strong telepath, but then why doesn't he mind-link the Authority like MM does with JLA?? In any case, the telepath never tries to take hold of the Doctor (they were briefly allied however), so I'm thinking the good Doctor would withstand a mind assault, even if the rest of the team couldn't...and he's really all that's needed to ruin the JLA. Flash might make it interesting since the Doctor is physically just a normal guy most of the time, but otherwise the JLA would be done for.

-DM

Scoobless
did you read the one where they fought the "Americans"....*cough*..Avengers..*cough*

lol

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
did you read the one where they fought the "Americans"....*cough*..Avengers..*cough*

lol

laughing out loud

Yeah, but that's where the artwork gets all bloated and funky. I like the original style better (it goes back like that in Volume 2).

The Authority likes parodying other comics like that. Usually it's more subtle (for a minute I thought it was a Thor crossover) but they're all over the place in most Authority comics.

-DM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.