Star Wars Holiday Special

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pablo G
When I found out that this existed I got extremely happy and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I mean I thought it was gonna be like another Star Wars Movie. So I bought a bootleg copy at eBay for about $10 and when I got it I was excited like I was when I first saw the original trilogy. Anyway I popped this thing into my DVD tray and what did I get ? Chewbacca's ugly ass family worried about him because he hasn't come home and it's Life Day (the Star Wars answer to Christmas) we get Chewbacca's son Lumpy watching some creepy juggling act on their space TV (the board in New Hope in which RD-D2 and Chewie are playing some sort of virtual chess game with monsters.) Chewbacca's wife Lala watching a ridiculous space cooking show in which the cook has 4 arms and does the recipe incredibly quick. I mean this thing is horrendous I haven't finished seeing it but it's hard to do so. The Phantom Menace is gold compared to this piece of shit.

P.S. The wookie planet in here is not called Kashyyk like in Episode III, I didn't catch the name correctly but it's something with a G.

Darth_Janus
Gay land? This DVD sounds terrible and unlicensed.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Gay land? This DVD sounds terrible and unlicensed.

The sad thing is...it IS licensed. It sucked, no bones about it.

Also, to top it off, it had cameos from the cast. Mark Hammil was wearing WAAAAY too much make-up, he looked like a transvestite.

Harrison Ford did good though.

jango fatt
It was terrible

ragesRemorse
sounds like one of those things you just have to own thought for the sheer suckness. I may look for it now.

Pablo G
Hey man seriously what the hell happened to Mark Hamill's face, I mean he looked like a beautiful woman in Hope and he's hideous on Empire and Jedi.

Fishy
He got hit with a pongo stick

darth-yoda
or a punch of chewbacca for dissing life day

Fishy
Sounds sweet smile

darth-yoda
or maybe he beat a wookie at chess i thought every one not to do that

nolan lepaz
Pablo I hope this teaches you not to be brought in by bull sh*t. There was a time when I thought about buying SW cartoons based on the old movies some sh*t with ewoks and C-3PO adventures but then I realized that being sodomized by this man was less gay

darth-yoda
ill stick with the real films books and games thx

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
The sad thing is...it IS licensed. It sucked, no bones about it.

Also, to top it off, it had cameos from the cast. Mark Hammil was wearing WAAAAY too much make-up, he looked like a transvestite.

Harrison Ford did good though.

The tragedies of the eighties. Well, every good legend has a few sucky add-ons. Let's sweep this one under the rug or at least have a new SW coaster.

darth-yoda
yes now lets foget this ever happend

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by Pablo G
P.S. The wookie planet in here is not called Kashyyk like in Episode III, I didn't catch the name correctly but it's something with a G.

In the old scripts for the Holiday Special and in "The Wookiee Storybook" which came out around the same time (can't remember if before or after though), it's spelled Kashyyyk, but it's pronounced "Kazook" in the actual show.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.