Did this happen to anyone else

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
This movie kickes arse, and I enjoyed it very much. But there was one factor that caused me to enjoy it less: the guy sitting next to me. He would laugh every few seconds for no apparent reason, regardless of the seriousness of the scene. He totally killed the mood for some parts of the movie for me. This guy sitting next to me is also my sister's boyfriend and looks like he'll probably end up marrying her. I don't care, I'm never seeing a movie with him again. Was there anyone annoying sitting near you who made you enjoy this movie less?

BlackC@t
No. I sat in big, lazy-boy recliner chairs.

Xanatos
The first time for me was perfect ppl cheared ( Istarted the ending clap ^_^) but I saw it again Sunday, and OMG Group behing me took their shoes off and kept kicking my chair like they were doing morse code or something. Then this one family brought their todlers, and they wouldnt stop crying. Now I know their kids but sheeesh they had state what was
happing everypart of the movie. It completley ruined it for me. Darth

Vaders Mask slowly comes down
*kid- dats dawf vader..........mom mom dats dawf vader.

DenKi
hahaha,

There was Kids behind be kicking the Chairs during movie and i went turn around and told them to shut the **** up

ALSO

Why to Mothers Bring there Flamming 10+ year old daughters to the Movie who dont even watch star wars, tehre so annoying, always talking, and never shutting up

nazgūl-lord
when i saw it there were to guys behind me who wouldn't shut up !

JKozzy
Originally posted by DarkAge
This movie kickes arse, and I enjoyed it very much. But there was one factor that caused me to enjoy it less: the guy sitting next to me. He would laugh every few seconds for no apparent reason, regardless of the seriousness of the scene. He totally killed the mood for some parts of the movie for me. This guy sitting next to me is also my sister's boyfriend and looks like he'll probably end up marrying her. I don't care, I'm never seeing a movie with him again. Was there anyone annoying sitting near you who made you enjoy this movie less? Yes. My friend laughed at Boga, which I could understand. But when it came for the Jedi to be killed, he barreled over laughing, because.. well, I don't know. I guess he just didn't think it looked 'serious' enough, so instead he laughed. That sucked. The second time I saw it, I saw it with different people that didn't laugh. That made it more enjoyable.

ickeris2003
when i saw it opening day I got a good audience so no one laughed but when i saw it for the 2nd time some dudes were laughing but the good part they were far away but it was funny because this guy would alwways yell shup up or its not funny very loud.

Red Superfly
There's always some idiot parents who bring their three year old kid to a Star Wars movie. It's a fact of life.

Why? Since when would a three year old girl like a movie like this? Is there any proof that such young children like these movies? They always talk and shout, or start jumping on the chair, worst of all while the stupid parents sit there enjoying the movie.

Didn't spoil any of the movie, but these parents SUCK.

DarkYoda
I'm not sure how sound in a theater is supposed to work exactly, but when I was watching it again Saturday night the music started to sound deformed and basically like the sound a cassette makes if it is tearing. The dialogue and picture was fine, but the music just started... warbling (not really a word... I know... laughing ). It killed the movie for about 10 minutes starting when Grievous had Anakin and Obi-Wan in his ship as prisoners, through the crash landing, and up through the point when Padme and Anakin are talking about her pregnancy and stuff. All everyone could do was laugh at how horrible the music sounded. If it had been my first time seeing it, I would have been really upset.

Jedi_Knight2
Yeah, there was a A$$hole right next to me who would laugh at every f**king moment even during the Big Battles

Obi/Ani
Mace/Sid
and even during Order 66

DeVi| D0do
Come on now... Order 66 was funny. roll eyes (sarcastic)

seriously, though... WTF? How could anyone find that funny?

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Come on now... Order 66 was funny. roll eyes (sarcastic)

seriously, though... WTF? How could anyone find that funny?

You suck bigtime
nvm, didn;t realize u were beign sarcastic
you dont suck bigtime

DeVi| D0do
laughing

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Jedi_Knight2
Yeah, there was a A$$hole right next to me who would laugh at every f**king moment even during the Big Battles

Obi/Ani
Mace/Sid
and even during Order 66

What a fregin moron, I feel bad for you. Too bad you cant force choke those people.

Jedi_Knight2
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
What a fregin moron, I feel bad for you. Too bad you cant force choke those people.

laughing Thanks man

Ahhhnakin
I had some issues myself on this.... opening night things were great... crowd was into it, no complaints. Second viewing though.... I was distracted half the time by a little kid kicking the back of my chair. I turned around and glared at the mother at least 5 times and finally she got the point and told her son to quit, but it was really annoying, I must say. Worse though, were the two moms down in the 4th row with 6 children between them. Now, keep in mind that this was a 9PM showing and they should have been in BED, but... no, they were there in the front being extremely loud, crying, you name it. As a mother myself, I was appalled that small children would even be in there in the first place (it IS rated PG13 for a reason afterall), let alone up so late. That's why we have afternoon movies! Very annoying.

Okay, I feel better getting that out.

Moosooman
i went on what would be a schol day so no anoying kids thank god and an almsot empty cinema

hoho~~

Darth_Otaku
I sat next to this hot babe,w00t!I could look right in.Till her boyfriend came in.The second time i sat next to a ADHD patient.He was all like''Hey dude,hey dude.''Me:Yes.ADHD:Hey dude!Me:Yes.ADHD:Anakin's gonna die.Me:Yes i know that.ADHD:Yeah Obi's gonna kill him.Me:jep.ADHD:eej dude.Me:YES!ADHD:could you please stop talking i'm trying to watch the movie here,ehe-he-eh-heehee.

vader519
I have seen the movie three times. The first time I saw it I had no problems at all. But the last two times I had people taling around me. The second time I saw the movie, I took my sister and her freind, and all they did throughout the movie was blab. Then I saw the movie again yesterday, and I went to the very first showing of the movie in the morning. All of a sudden as I am sitting in my seat, there are hundreds of kids running up the staris. Apparently, two middle schools decided to bring their classes to the movie. As the movie is about to start, one of the tecahers from one of the schools tells all his kids they are in the wrong theatre, and they have to leave. It was awful.

Robin Darkside
K, on my 3rd time watching it, it was a stupid Celluloid version, But I went over how bad that was already. There was this guy and his son behind us, and the kid kept asking questions thoughout the whole movie, he talked in a low voice, and his dad would answer every fregin question he asked in an even louder voice. WTF, The dad was louder then the stupid son, and he also talked more to answer the kids stupid questions. Like, be an example to your son. Dont people know how rude that is? I dont think so. From reading all these stories, I think there should be some strickter rules in theatres. People should learn to shut up and respect others

The Ones
this 6 year old in front was dressed like darth vader and he had his lightsaber, every 3 minutes into the movie he would yell "IM DARTH VADER!" and put his lightsaber up with it on. i cringed at what he was doing but then he stopped. then when palpy gives anakin the name of darth vader, the kid was like "DADDY! IF THATS DARTH VADER, HOW COME HE DOESNT WEAR BLACK!" i just kicked his chair and i yelled "SHUT THE **** UP YOU ****ING MORON" the kid started crying then his dad took him out. then i could enjoy the rest of the film in peace. im going to see it again today

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by The Ones
this 6 year old in front was dressed like darth vader and he had his lightsaber, every 3 minutes into the movie he would yell "IM DARTH VADER!" and put his lightsaber up with it on. i cringed at what he was doing but then he stopped. then when palpy gives anakin the name of darth vader, the kid was like "DADDY! IF THATS DARTH VADER, HOW COME HE DOESNT WEAR BLACK!" i just kicked his chair and i yelled "SHUT THE **** UP YOU ****ING MORON" the kid started crying then his dad took him out. then i could enjoy the rest of the film in peace. im going to see it again today

That would be funny if you actually said that, stupid kid

The Ones
i did

Robin Darkside
ok then, good job

Lord Tyrant
I went to Cinemark Legacy, all goody fans.

g0h4n
the second time I saw it, I went with my girlfriend smile
but there was this guy next to me... he smelled like assCRACK! ugh!
then he started rolling a smoke... what IS it with some people and B.O.?!

NoFate007
I've only seen it once so far (damn schedule) and I had a great audience. I heard everyone's chills when Vader breathed for the first time in the mask. Everyone was quiet, laughed at the funny parts, was serious at the emotional parts. I had a toddler in the row in front of me and he didn't make a sound, etc. I had a great, great audience. Only thing I can remember someone yelling was when R2 was kicking ass and my friend went "YEAH, SUP PUSSIES!" haha

El_NINO
funny stuff man, LMAO laughing

Morning_Glory
I took my 3 neices... 2 of them are 10 - and the other one is 8

the entire movie they kept asking... "if / or when is Padme going to die" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

finally I said "yes" shes going to die... and they didnt believe me... no expression

Darth Jello
It blows my mind, cause this is not a kids movie. I had to deal with loud kids who got apparantly traumatized by Sidious and started screaming along with a drunk dude sitting behind me who laughed at every scene and tried to pick a fight with everyone around him. too bad for him....
It just blows my mind sometimes, a parent started yelling at me for using profanity in a low voice during the previews to the punisher. I was like "Buddy, you brought your kids to a movie with profanity, nudity, and graphic violence, and you call me irresponsible?"

Morning_Glory
there was a 3 yr old kid sitting in my row-- and everytime Yoda would appear he would go "yoda yoda yoda yoda yoda yoda yoda" ... and his dad would have to say "ssshhh"... but then it would happen again ... and when Yoda wasnt on screen you could hear him go "where is yoda, where is yoda where is yoda??"

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by DarkAge
This movie kickes arse, and I enjoyed it very much. But there was one factor that caused me to enjoy it less: the guy sitting next to me. He would laugh every few seconds for no apparent reason, regardless of the seriousness of the scene. He totally killed the mood for some parts of the movie for me. This guy sitting next to me is also my sister's boyfriend and looks like he'll probably end up marrying her. I don't care, I'm never seeing a movie with him again. Was there anyone annoying sitting near you who made you enjoy this movie less?

That was probably me. I couldnt help but laugh at most of the dialogue, it was so damn cheesy and misplaced. For the most part everyone in the theater was very interactive with the flick, except me. It seems i was the only ******* who thought the dialogue was written by a retarded child.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Darth Jello
It blows my mind, cause this is not a kids movie. I had to deal with loud kids who got apparantly traumatized by Sidious and started screaming along with a drunk dude sitting behind me who laughed at every scene and tried to pick a fight with everyone around him. too bad for him....
It just blows my mind sometimes, a parent started yelling at me for using profanity in a low voice during the previews to the punisher. I was like "Buddy, you brought your kids to a movie with profanity, nudity, and graphic violence, and you call me irresponsible?"

I'm just curious, how was episode III NOT a kids movie. that is exactly what it was. Lucas targeted the saturday morning cartoon audience with episode 1. that is pretty fukced that parents were lecturing you for using profaine language at a punisher flick. I would have told them to flip off.

Torik_Shai
At the first showing I went to, one of my friends did a really good wookiee growl at the "A long time ago..." slide. It was funny. Everyone in the theatre laughed. I just got home from my third viewing where the only exclamation anybody made was the big black guy behind me that shouted "DAMN!" when Yoda decapitated the troopers sneaking up on him. I found that more funny than annoying, though.

Darth Jello
I just don't think a movie with immolation and genocide is for kids

tpaquin
I just don't think a movie with immolation and genocide is for kids Yeah, kids should go see more movies with sodomy and puppy mutalition.

green dude
When i saw it I was lucky back seats in vancouver you can see right over peoples heads and see the screen perfectly people only laughed once when Yoda use force push against the troopers in the Chancellors office my dad and his made some jokes about the movie but i could barley hear them it rocked specialy when Yoda vs. Sith that was cool but kinda funny in a way first Yoda slow turtle Next Grasshopper and it says PG-13 no kids yeash how could they let people let little kids in that's nutz and the people who talk a lot should be dang kicked out or put a sock in it i had Sith power i would Choke PEOPLE IF THEY talked or laugh at something not funny iw ould dang use force push and push them out the door that would rock Mayjor LOL laughing

DeadStar
the guy who was next to me owned he kept making everyone clap and he said "oh shit" when palpatine got his saber out for the first time

tpaquin
Originally posted by green dude
When i saw it I was lucky back seats in vancouver you can see right over peoples heads and see the screen perfectly people only laughed once when Yoda use force push against the troopers in the Chancellors office my dad and his made some jokes about the movie but i could barley hear them it rocked specialy when Yoda vs. Sith that was cool but kinda funny in a way first Yoda slow turtle Next Grasshopper and it says PG-13 no kids yeash how could they let people let little kids in that's nutz and the people who talk a lot should be dang kicked out or put a sock in it i had Sith power i would Choke PEOPLE IF THEY talked or laugh at something not funny iw ould dang use force push and push them out the door that would rock Mayjor LOL laughing

^^That is a period.

Red Superfly
I hope Darth Sidious gives kids nightmares. Stupid brats.

jerlark386
Originally posted by tpaquin

^^That is a period.
Conjunction! Conjuntion! Whats thats function?
lol!

ragesRemorse
I just don't think a movie with immolation and genocide is for kids

our fairy tales are more violent than that.

Delta 62
Excluding the sadness of the first time I saw it, the midnight showing was wonderful. When the curtain finally went up, the entire theater clapped and cheered. There were cheers several times during the movie, one when "STAR WARS" and the opening theme first came up, another when Yoda decapitated the two clones, and a few more times. It was never annoying, because I was with fellow hardcores, some who have been fans years longer than I have..it was great.

The second time was the next day, at the 1:00 showing. This time I was with a friend, and it was almost as enjoyable as the midnight screening.

The third time though..not so good. I was forced to sit in a chair on one of those stupid little end of the row things - 3 chairs by themselves..and so my view of the screen was distorted, I was two rows in front of the screen..made my eyes hurt. Add to this that the sound was inferior to the other times..and you can come to the conclusion that had it not been EpIII..it would've been a waste of money.

The Ones
for the 2 times i saw it, i left 2 hours early and was first in line both times.

muserke
The second time I went there was this annoying guy sitting behind me and he was kicking against my chair during the whole damn movie! mad First I looked mad at him for a couple of times and then I said that he had to stop. But he just said 'Whatcha gonna do about it?'. I was so pissed off but it's not the Jedi way to kick his @ss( I had my lightsaber with me in my backpack smile ), so I turned my head back to the screen and tried to enjoy the rest of te movie.

The Ones
you shouldve tapped into your dark side. it was the only way

tpaquin
Originally posted by jerlark386
Conjunction! Conjuntion! Whats thats function?
lol!

http://www.lasvegasmercury.com/2004/MERC-Jul-08-Thu-2004/photos/5ae.jpg

Yup. That's me, all right.

darth_achilles
sh*t, i cant win with this flick, saw it once, morons talked, saw it twice, babies cried, saw it thrice, punks laughed, saw it four times, morons talked again, only until the flippin fifth time did i get a nice peacefull emmotional view of it, pisses me the flip off, but oh well, long story short, happy fan satisfied.

TheVapor
i was lucky. my only time so far i was nervous when there were parents bringing the kids luckily there was only ONE idiot. When the screen said LucasFilm they clapped five times and people said shhh and shut up and then when STAR WARS came up they clapped again and after that they didnt clap again. during the whole movie there was no laughing, crying, shouts at the screen or anything. my only complaint and it wasnt at all bad was we were sitting right in front of the projector and we could here it at quiet times in the movie.

Bicnarok

Darth Zhin

Sadako of Girth
I was pretty lucky when I saw it twice on the may 19, the crowd were surprisingly quiet and well behaved on our sittings.... Didn't see any little kids there either... The sound was plenty loud and there was no chair kicking so.... RESULT!!!

But i still bear the scars of my 1st sitting of AOTC though when I got lumbered with the old "overly-verbally-inquisitive-kid-with-equally-verbal
older-brother-sitting-in-front-of-me" situation.... They just didn't shut up...

In the end I threatened to tell them the ending as I was spoilered up...
That seemed to work... But before that I had gone through the regular channels of rudimentry throat-clearing-hints, coughs...Stares...the works.. (The stares were only effective after the older one looked round afetr I was "Ahemming" in his ear practically point-blank range...
The spoiler threat went from there....)

But what beats me was that I had gone to a midnight showing...
I was surprised that there was this 6 yr old there in the first place....
.....Dammit...

But gotta count my ROTS blessings I guess....

darthmaul1
at my midnight showing a buddy of mine made a few comments, which spoiled it a little,
when grievous was by himself and said it's time to abandon ship, my buddy said does he always talk to himself?
Who doesn't?

DarkAge
What knid of parent are these that would bring their kids to a movie with this rating anyway. When we were sitting down there was this chick with a boy who was about four years old. I said 'Bad idea lady, bringing a kid that little to a movie like this.' About two hours later, she's taking him out of the theatre crying with the slaughtered younglings on the screen. Congratualations mother of the year, you've traumatised your kid for life.

DeVi| D0do
Cool. I wonder if he'll grow up to murder little kids...

matreid
I was at my friends B-Day party and one of the kids from another party seeing the movie had to sit beside me. He laughed at the least funny things. Like when Dooku got his head chopped off and when Obi-Wan says " you were my brother Anakin, I loved you." This kid was like 14! Come on, grow up.

spencerspider
i had this big damn darth vader guy beside me dressed up,big black suit,he barely fit in seat.he kept glancin at me and when anakin got burned i swear he started saying man that hurts

Darth Jello
The last time I saw it, the guy in front of us farted so loud during Padme's funeral, that none of us could stop laughing for the duration of the movie

Geoff_Death
I've been to see it thrice, first the premiere, it was all good but for the people who didn't really know what Star Wars was, and my idiot friend exclaiming "Who would've guessed the Chancellor was the Evil Emperor"
(this guy has seen all 6 films several times btw)
But the other two times I went on school days at like 10am and it was basically deserted.

Hybris
when I went to the cinema, there was this really annoying guy sitting next to me. I think it was Muserke lol. He already had seen the movie ( WITHOUT ME grrrr) and was giving spoilers like I was eating my bucket of popcorn. So when the movie started, I had no popcorn left, and I had been told all the good stuff....

Reverand89
i had this one guy setting next to me that kept taking his shirt off and and smelling it i swear it was the weirdist thing i had ever seen.

Red Superfly
The kid in front of me kept waving this balloon.

So I kicked him in the nuts. Little bastard won't be having kids anytime soon.

The Biker Scout
no

muserke
Originally posted by Hybris
when I went to the cinema, there was this really annoying guy sitting next to me. I think it was Muserke lol. He already had seen the movie ( WITHOUT ME grrrr) and was giving spoilers like I was eating my bucket of popcorn. So when the movie started, I had no popcorn left, and I had been told all the good stuff....

Hey, that WAS me! But I'm not THAT annoying, just a little bit. stick out tongue You wouldn't give me any popcorn, you selfish a-hole! mad My chips were way to spicy. sad So what I went to see it the first time without you. Who studies while he can go to the new Star Wars movie? Hybris. Tssssss.

*SpunkiE*
I brought my friend and shes a bit clueless when it comes to Star Wars, so throughout the whole movie she kept asking me questions until finally she fell asleep!
And the guy sitting on the other side of me, his phone went off and the whole cinema told ME off. So yeah i was pissed at that.

Hybris
falling asleep while watching SW ? The Force must be very weak with her I guess....

muserke
The Darkside I sense in her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.