It is all ESB's fault about peoples expectations of the movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ccoo
Now here me out. When ESB came out, it defied the odds. In movies a sequel is always inferior to the original. But ESB was such a great movie, and still is the best in the series today, that every movie after that is expected to be up to that standards. Unfortunately that is a tough act to follow. Now, every Star Wars movie since 1980, people say this is the one that will be as good as ESB, or it is a good movie but not nearly as good as ESB.

I just think when you make 6 movies for a series, it is tough to make 6 great movies. True, the prequels could have been better, but I still have enjoyed them. But what I did for episode III that I didn't do for Episode I & II is go in thinking this movie may not be as good as ESB, and would be happy if it ranks #3 for all Star Wars movies. After seeing ROTS, my expectations were met. I loved the movie, but it is nowhere near as good as ANH or ESB, but thats fine with me, because I wasn't expecting that.

darkjedi132
niether was i

Red Superfly
ROTS far exceeded my expectations. I thought it was gonna be a mess, but the key issues were raised and after watching ANH again last night, it works, so I don't care.

ESB is still the best, with ANH holding a special place in my heart, but ROTS is up there with them. Easily as good as ROTJ.

finti
it aint ESB it is they entire hype around it, I didnt have all that great expectation for ROTS, the other 2 prequels made sure of that

Bardock42
Originally posted by finti
it aint ESB it is they entire hype around it, I didnt have all that great expectation for ROTS, the other 2 prequels made sure of that

That was probably lucas' plan all along....make the first one as shitty as possible...the second one at highest decent and then create a great final movie...well it worked

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.