My Review of this spectacular movie!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dwizard
The story was magnificant!
Would you sell your soul to the Devil to help the ones that you love? This is the question possed by this movie. The answers are thrilling to say the least and if we were to watch this movie unfold from beginning to end, from chapters I - VI it would be complete!

This installment from Lucas has answered all of our questions, even allowing us to fully understand why Obi-One lies to Luke. Yoda only reinforces this little tidbit by a couple of words. Even becoming one with the Force is explained by Quigon-Jin's visit to Yoda, yet I would have loved to see his ghost, I think they couldnt see him as of yet due to not learning how to commune with him.

Yet if anyone has watched clone wars, Quigon-Jin did yell out to Anikan when he slayed the sand people tribe.

Another thing that was taken care of was the light saber luke trains with, the birth of the twins, why they were seperated, and how Anikan became dark and why he wished to forget who he was.

Though there is cornball lines, this movie is classic starwars as conrball was in every single movie. Only thing was that the original heros in the original three could deliver better then this cast.

But I have a word for those that have actually compared the old trilogy with the new. That is, you CANNOT compare the two.

Why? Its simple, these are two totally different casts, totally different characters, and if you notice this relationship with Anikan was developed through puppy love rather then the real deal that Leia and the known smuggler scoundral Han Solo! Notice its more of a love at first sight kind of deal with Han Solo and he struggles with himself to not get caught up in it all, even the rebellion.

With Anikan and Padme they are way younger when they meet, puppy love as Anikan grows closer to Padme. But that puppy love almost grows into obsession as he manipulates his way into her life. A sure tell sign that he is selfish and self centered! Not the wonderful play that Han Solo gives to the "Princess". Even for him to call her by her proper name he gives a fight and hessitantly calls her by her name. Totally different situations. One is obsessive, the other hessitant, and it shows that Anikan was very immature in his ways from beginning to end!

There was cornball throughout all six movies, but if watched in sequence this story Fabulous! I cannot judge a whole book by one chapter of the story so I must include all SIX in this review! This entire story is a MUST SEE in my eyes. From the build up that is the Pantom Menace to Return of the JEDI.

It shows that LOVE conquers HATE in so many ways! Yet love can be the downfall of a man that is overyly obsessive and controlling of his fate and relationship! Love in its proper form like Han Solo and Leia can prosper and the love of a Son is just totally unconditional as Luke saves his father from total consumption.

"A prophecy Misread" a quote from the movie. Yes it is, but none could have seen that LOVE conquers all and though misread, he still fullfilled his destiny to bring back balance to the force! A promise made to his mother, a promise made to padme, but a promise he kept by saving LUKE!

I LOVE THIS STORY... ALL SIX!

Red Superfly
It really does go a long way as to show why he loved and cared for Luke so much. It was sheer unconditional love. Luke was everything he fought for all his life, when the Emperor threatens to kill him, all his memories of Padme and his mother come rushing back. I love how ROTS really added to the story, and provided the reason as to really why Vader had to stop the Emperor.

Sure, Vader wanted Luke to join HIM, but when it came down to it, he realised as Luke was dying just what it was he was fighting for, why he became Darth Vader in the first place. He could stop people from dying if he killed The Emperor. It's really cool how I can watch ROTJ now and see Anakin do the math in his head, I can see him picturring Padme and his mother, and then man handling the Emperor, tossing him out like garbage.

He put aside all his selfish Sith-like urges and sacrificed himself for the greater good. When he first found out about Luke, he selfishly tried to get him to join him, like with Padme. Then when Luke is dying, he thinks back to Padme, who defied him and his Empire, but he killed her, and he could let the same thing happen to Luke, and its what snapped him out of his selfishness.

ROTS really does add to the films. I'm so glad it ended on a high note.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.