Rockslide vs The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Rockslide (from New X-Men: Hellions)

VS

The Ever Lovin' Blue Eyed Thing

Which rock-made powerhouse...........

1) ..........Is stronger?

2) ..........Would win if they fought?

Hulk Power
I'm sorry dude but I don't know who Rockslide is but I would still go for the Thing. Another thing I wanted to ask you, did you see the picture of the hulk that I told you about? It's in the Hulk forum, In the thread that says "HULK 2...? Yay or nay." Just go to the Hulk forum and look for that thread. Once you find it, click on it and scroll about half a page down and you will see it. It has half of the Hulk's face and and the other half is Abomination's face and at the bottom it says HULK 2. Happy Dance

armandovalles
ok hold on ill go check it out right now.

armandovalles
dude, Hulk doesnt have a forum!

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by armandovalles
dude, Hulk doesnt have a forum!

Yeah, he does. It's under "Comic Book Movies"

armandovalles
yea i just found it. yea, its definitely Abomination but it may not be a real pic. It may just be some pic that some random kid edited.

Hulk Power
Maybe, it looks pretty real to me but you could be right. Though if that is the next villain in the next movie that is cool. If Abomination does come out I'll definitely go and see it without a doubt. HULK RULES!!!! rock rock rock

Kazenji
Who takes the gold out of these two rock covered people

snoopdogg
Good fight. Gonna back Ben here though.

Colossus-Big C
discuss

snoopdogg
Rockslide. He seemed to be doing better against Strong Guy than Ben was.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Rockslide. He seemed to be doing better against Strong Guy than Ben was. Thing was playing with Guido iirc.

but rockslide's damage soak is infinite, he'll just reform again and again

KingD19
Rockslide is vulnerable to KO and BFR though. Both of which Thing can do.

when was the last time he got koed? i can only recall nimrod desintegrating him and he reformed a few minutes afterwards. with his cis on he isnt much,but his power has a lot of potential

KingD19
When he disagreed with Colossus while they were fighting the Dark Avengers. He tried to take on the metal man, and Colossus left him sleeping against the crumpled hood of a car.

snoopdogg
Colossus has slapped Rockslide around a few times.

The Pict
Thing due to BRF or KO. However while being stronger than Rockslide Ben has no way to permanently put him down.

Kaos sebaceous
i dont see how rockslide can lose......but he still doesnt have that many feats

KingD19
We've already stated how he can lose, multiple times.

KO/BFR Ben can do both.

The Pict
Yeah I don't really recall Rockslide taking down any other bricks? Colossus has put him down a couple of times, so Ben will manage it.
I think even Anole knocked Rockslide a fair distance, out a window of the Xavier mansion IIRC.

KingD19
Rockslide took it to some pretty strong looking Demons while he was made of Limbo Rock.

And I think he knocked Hulk...well he hit him when he wasn't looking and did a nice little combo.

And him vs Strong Guy.

But as was stated, Colossus has easily stood there while Rockslide broke his arm up to the elbow punching him, and put him to sleep during Dark Avengers. Ben can KO him or just toss him a few miles away.

The Pict
Was he affected by the Limbo rock when the New X-Men escaped? I haven't read it in a while and don't have the comic at hand. As I recall his appearance changed. Not that it would change the outcome of this fight but would be interesting to see if writers did anything with it in future.

KingD19
Originally posted by The Pict
Was he affected by the Limbo rock when the New X-Men escaped? I haven't read it in a while and don't have the comic at hand. As I recall his appearance changed. Not that it would change the outcome of this fight but would be interesting to see if writers did anything with it in future.

IIRC, he liked the power he had, but then he exploded and had to find another type of rock to form out of. He hasn't been limbo rock for a while.

I hope eventually they'll give him powers to go with his stone, like recently he turned into lava rock, but had the basic strength and what not.

StyleTime
The Thing takes this. Santo can't be "killed" physically from what we've seen, but I don't think he's quite up to fighting Thing.

Originally posted by KingD19
IIRC, he liked the power he had, but then he exploded and had to find another type of rock to form out of. He hasn't been limbo rock for a while.

I hope eventually they'll give him powers to go with his stone, like recently he turned into lava rock, but had the basic strength and what not. I believe he will grow into animating any kind of matter and using its properties in the future.

KingD19
There's nothing to say he can't. After all he's just a psionic entity/spirit so to speak, and I assume he's just comfortable with rock....but the potential is limitless, and he could make anything his body really.

juggernaut74
Rockslide gives him a good match. I'd like to see this.

zopzop
Thing, all day every day.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by zopzop
Thing, all day every day. Yeah I'd go with Thing as well. But Rockslide has some good feats like knocking World War Hulk on his @ss, fighting Strong Guy, and heck he even gave Tanaraq a bloody nose recently.

-K-M-
Originally posted by juggernaut74
And heck he even gave Tanaraq a bloody nose recently.

That was when the great beasts gave him and the rest of the xmen God powers (he had tundras power) so they could fight him. Without those Tanaraq literally stepped on him and crushed him like he was nothing. He did not keep those powers. Big context there you missed.

thingy150
Rockslide has absolutely zero feats to compete with ben, the only reason they get paired up is because of....them being rocks.

juggernaut74
How strong is Rockslide if anybody had to guess? Not sure if he was ever given a class rating or not.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by -K-M-
That was when the great beasts gave him and the rest of the xmen God powers (he had tundras power) so they could fight him. Without those Tanaraq literally stepped on him and crushed him like he was nothing. He did not keep those powers. Big context there you missed. I just read the last issue of that arc. You have the scan of him getting squashed by Tanaraq? That sounds pretty cool.

-K-M-
I just read the last issue of that arc. You have the scan of him getting squashed by Tanaraq? That sounds pretty cool.

Foot crushing scene, him getting amped by the Great Beasts, and then him giving Tanaraq a bloody nose all happened #12

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AmazingX-Men2013-012-005_zpsc89ef5a4.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AmazingX-Men2013-012-006_zpsd3d3b0ed.jpg

juggernaut74
Oh, I see it now. That went way over my head I never even noticed he got crushed like that, that's some funny stuff.

juggernaut74
One thing I didn't like about that issue is how easy they beat Tanaraq and killed him. Granted I'm no expert on the character but does that make sense to you?

-K-M-
One thing I didn't like about that issue is how easy they beat Tanaraq and killed him. Granted I'm no expert on the character but does that make sense to you?

Not sure if it was the real Tanaraq or not as this all happened in the Spirit Realm, not the Realm of the Beasts. It very well could have been an avatar, which the Beasts have used frequently from the spirit world

Realm of the Beasts (their home)
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130227233848/marvelheroicrp/images/7/74/Realm_great_beasts.jpg

juggernaut74
That makes sense because of how easily he was allegedly killed. Wouldn't Sasquatch himself know if he was dead or not because of the connection?

-K-M-
That makes sense because of how easily he was allegedly killed. Wouldn't Sasquatch himself know if he was dead or not because of the connection?

No, because this isn't the first time Tanaraq "died", if he truly was dead not sure how Walter should have lost his powers. Plus with Tanaraq "dying" the Wendigo curse was supposed to be dead but we full well know it will be back.

This scan is many years after Tanaraq's first "death" and everyone believed him to be dead (he wasn't). Walter was still losing control and wasn't sure why.

juggernaut74
Well I think it's safe to assume he's not dead nor is the Wendigo curse.

-K-M-
Well I think it's safe to assume he's not dead nor is the Wendigo curse.

thumb up

Exiles Tanaraq said it best....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/Exilesv10572005puar-DCP18.jpg

Tony Stark
Ben EVERY single time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.