Best performance in Episode III?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
I think that Palpatine gave the best performance in the movie, followed closely by Obi-Wan. Although Obi-Wan's acting was quite good, Palpatine's acting really stood out and really made the film as great as it was. I also think Yoda was done rather well and had he been an actor I would say he was the best as well.

astrofan428
Oddly enough I am voting Yoda, his reactions during Order 66 where heartbreaking.

DarkYoda
I voted Palpatine because Ian did such a fantastic job creeping me out with his evil. But I think Ewan did a VERY good job pulling off the Obi-Wan transition from 3 to 4. Ewan IS Obi-Wan. Yoda was very good also. I think Hayden had a few moments of brilliance too. It depended greatly on the dialogue he was fed by Lucas. There were a few stinkers in there of course. stick out tongue wink

Robin Darkside
This is no a new thread, anyway, I think Jar Jar gave the best performance when he made a sound when anakin got back after the battle above coruscant

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Robin Darkside
This is no a new thread, anyway, I think Jar Jar gave the best performance when he made a sound when anakin got back after the battle above coruscant

Go away! mad

WindDancer
Obi-Wan

Robin Darkside
Jar Jar should win an oscar

DeVi| D0do
Palpatine, by far.

kremzike
As much as I loved 99% of Ian's performance, the feeling I got from Ewan's EXCELLENT portrayal of Obi-Wan earned my vote. And Yoda was superb as well. Even on my 4th theater viewing, his reaction to Order 66 taking place across the galaxy hit me hard.

you know, the way this poll is set up, you can vote for as many people as you want before submitting... but I still only voted for one.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by kremzike
As much as I loved 99% of Ian's performance, the feeling I got from Ewan's EXCELLENT portrayal of Obi-Wan earned my vote. And Yoda was superb as well. Even on my 4th theater viewing, his reaction to Order 66 taking place across the galaxy hit me hard.

you know, the way this poll is set up, you can vote for as many people as you want before submitting... but I still only voted for one.

Yeah Obiwan was awesome, to have a great person like him who is not part of the darkside

yerssot
I picked Anakin, I thought that his emotional battle was very well done
though it was a hard pick cause Ewan did a great job, especially on Mustafar
and then Ian is without a doubt the best supporting actor of the movie

astrofan428
I would have voted Ian if it wasnt for that uneasy Mace sequence. And Ewan was excellent.

But this was the closest I came to crying.

http://img187.echo.cx/img187/8579/yodaemotion29nk.th.jpg

http://img187.echo.cx/img187/1197/yodaemotion32nh.th.jpg

http://img187.echo.cx/img187/1008/yodaemotion14pj.th.jpg

stingray005
I voted for Obiwan followed very closely by Palpatine.
Also Anakin had a few great moments especially during the beginning and the end of his duel with Obiwan.

dms6117
Obi Wan without a doubt was the best. Palpatine was good, but sometimes a little too over the top, and I hate the goofy faces he makes when dueling with Mace.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by dms6117
Obi Wan without a doubt was the best. Palpatine was good, but sometimes a little too over the top, and I hate the goofy faces he makes when dueling with Mace.

yeah, and that weird voice he made when he said "no no no". it just struck me as odd more than anything else.

Batman316
Obi..... Ewan had a hell of a job to do and whooped ass

DeVi| D0do
I loved Ian's weird faces and voice during the Mace duel... I thought Ian's performance throughout the entire movie was prefect.

I felt Ewan could have shown more emotion... particularly during the security recording scene. I felt that scene could have been so much more.

Texansfan05
I voted for Ewan's performance although I think it's a tossup between him and Ian however I voted for Ewan because I believe his performance was terrific and is about as good as Alec Guinness's portrayal of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

HAYDEN'S_HOT
im voting 4 anakin coz hayden christensen is really hot! lol and he did a great perfomance also ewan was really good aswell

Texansfan05
I think Hayden was great he improved alot from episode 2. I thought he was good in ep2 but he was great in ep3. He did alot better in a darker role I think that's why they casted him because he was good at playing the villain.

astrofan428
Hayden was nearly unrecognizable when compared to him in E2.

Vanquish
Ewan was incredible. The true test is whether you can picture anyone else playing the part. I honsestly can't imagine it. He IS Obi.

Palps was actually annoying to me in several scenes.

Anakin didn't totally suck, but he's still a tool.

Mace was pretty good throughout.

Padme was horrible. Was it just me, or is she a lot fatter, and way more whinny and annoying.

But YODA is the man. He gets my vote. I actually did choke up during that scene.

DeVi| D0do
Fatter? Yeah carrying twins will do that to some people...

GCG
I voted for Hayden Christnsen ;

I think he deserves it floowing such a big improvement on AOTC

Dark hoser
Anakin/ Vadar. Only because i think the dark side is really swwet. Hayden who played Anakin did a great job, especially the excpressions he did for it totally fit the char and the way he was turning to the dark side rocked. And vadar rules all around. but thats my opinion

Darth_Nefarus
Obi-Wan was in the roughtest spot and did what I always hoped Obi-Wan could do

redux
Mace Windu right before he got killed and Darth Vader after he broke the shackles...

oh wait - that's right, those parts sucked

redux
I thought Ewan MacGregor was the best. That guy was great.

austinator
I cant decide between Ewan or Hayden, both were excellent.

Lyn
I thought Hayden, Ewan and Ian were all excellent. And Yoda - he rocks.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by redux
Mace Windu right before he got killed and Darth Vader after he broke the shackles...

oh wait - that's right, those parts sucked

they weren't THAt bad

WindDancer
Is great to see that Obi is getting the most votes. Gotta give credit to Ewan he deserves it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.