Palpatines Mentor, Anakin the Fool!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robin Darkside
Ok, apparently in the novel, it confirms that Plageus is Palpatines master, so this is assumed. Palpatine kills him in his sleep after Plageus told him everything. During the scene where the Plageus legend is told, Anakin is not aware that Palpatine is the former apprentice of Plageus, but he knows the Legend. Therefore, Anakin knows that Plageus found a way to prevent death, and everything he learned was told to his former apprentice. So, his apprentice should know how to prevent death.

Well, at this point it is obvious that Palpatine is lying to Anakin so he can lure him to the darkside later in the movie.

Now, during the scene where Anakin finds out that Palpatine is the Sith Lord that they were looking for, he figures out that Palpatine must be the former apprentice of Plageus (assuming he figured that out). So, therefore Anakin should now know that Palpatine should be able to prevent death already.

So, at this point, Anakin knows that the legend isn't entirely true, because if Plageus can prevent death then Palpatine should already know. So, Anakin caught him in a lie.

So, my opinion is that Anakin is a fool to beleive that he can find a way to save Padme. But he thinks that there may be a chance. What makes Anakin believe anything of what Palpatine said about the darkside of the force is true. It could be impossible to prevent death. How can Anakin trust him about anything from then on.

Morgoths_Wrath
If I remember correctly, Palpatine says he KNOWS how to do it but was never actually able to ACHIVE it. He said that he needed Anakin's help to do it.

Robin Darkside
Well, Anakin may think that Palpatine doesn;t even know how to do it. The trust relationship was broken when he converted to the darkside. At this point its to late for Anakin and he must continue with the darkside. He was a fool to believe so, but do they ever actually acheive it, even in OT?

astrofan428
When he finds out Palpatine is sith, Palpatine tells Anakin he is the only way to save his wife from certain death.

Robin Darkside
Then Palpatine wasn't lying to Anakin about anything

Morgoths_Wrath
dingdingdingdingding! we have a winnar!

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
dingdingdingdingding! we have a winnar!

wow, your cool

Anyway did they ever acheive it?

Morgoths_Wrath
not that I know of, but I highly doubt it. I think that after Padme dies Vader pretty much gives up and devotes his life to Palpatine until he (palp) tries to kill Luke.

Mist
anakin didnt really seem like he wanted to join palpatine....that was cool to see...until he has nothing left....

MAUL IS GOD
no he wanted to join after that because he really had no choice at all and he wanted revenge on obi wan still

Morgoths_Wrath

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by MAUL IS GOD
no he wanted to join after that because he really had no choice at all and he wanted revenge on obi wan still

Quote Yoda:

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"

Robin Darkside

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.