Palpatine lying?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tormentor_2004
I was having a discussion with my friend about this. Im deeply sorry if this has been a repeat. Was Palpatine capable of preventing death. Or was he fibbing? The only reason he could not save Padme was because he can stop death before it happens not after.

Captain REX
Completely fibbing.

I always found it funny that he told Anakin he had the secret...then went, once he had 'Sithed' Anakin, "Well, now that we're together as Master and Apprentice...um...well...I don't really know how, let's find out together!"

BAILY
In the theatre scene he was trying to get a feel for where Anakin stood with the Jedi.... and when he didnt get the answers he wanted.. he made up that shit to draw him into the Dark... knowing his love was blind

Batman316
Total Posts: 578
Threads Started: 220

hmm................

SEARCH FUNCTION

Robin Darkside
Palpatine never lied to Anakin, He knows how to prevent death but needs anakins help to actually acheive it.

Tormentor_2004
I agree. I think he does know how to prevent deathbut only before not after

robakin
He said he knew, he didn't , he lied.

Darth MoonPIE
Where ever in the movies has he shown he can prevent death? ever? No, so its obvious palp was shitting anakin to get him to join him...... most of you are forgeting something very important. Palpatine was a creature of the darkside... lies, deceit, when has a sith been completly honest with someone hes trying to convince to join him? Or with an enemy for that matter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.