Dr. Strange vs Zantana

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Magic usage only.
No prep, no artifacts, just pure natural/channled magic.

H2H is allowed.

Bialaska
Okay. This is just one of those matches that are ended within a second.

I'd say Zatanna. Strange will use time casting his spells than it takes for Zatanna to say Eid!

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Bialaska
Okay. This is just one of those matches that are ended within a second.

I'd say Zatanna. Strange will use time casting his spells than it takes for Zatanna to say Eid!

Strange doesn't even have to recite a spell to use it.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Strange doesn't even have to recite a spell to use it.

Thats very true. And neither does Zatanna. I really cant call this one. Dam I hate threads like this. All they are going to do is negate each other.

the Darkone
Dr.strange wins in the end. He is more experience then she is plus a better h2h combatant. Dr. strange all day 10/10.

jrodslam
Actually Zatanna is more experienced. Her mother was a sorcerer and Zatanna inherited her mother ability to manipulate magic. She's been doing magic since she was a child. She has way more experience than Strange. I think you got that one backwards.

Ive never really seen either of them use h2h combat. So i wont go there.

the Darkone
Dr. Strange is sorcerer supreme, Dr. fate is more powerful than she is.

stormfront13
zatanna has no limit. she is only bind by the lords of magic or whatever they are called. and zatanna has trained with a bunch of people that are in thje JLA for h2h combat, she ain't no slouch, she just prefers not to fight h2h. and long-pin i created this exact thread lol

jrodslam
Originally posted by the Darkone
Dr. Strange is sorcerer supreme, Dr. fate is more powerful than she is.

Dr. Fate is a legacy and is more powerful than both.

The thread is Dr. Strange vs Zatanna, not Dr. Fate vs Zatanna. What was your point?

Fate has more experience than both, She has more experience than Strange.

the Darkone
strange is limitless also. h2h strange fought dormammu in his own realm in h2h combat a demon lord and beat him.

jrodslam
Strange has Cloak of levitation, and Eye of Agamotto.
Zatanna has nothing and is just as powerful maybe more.

She has trained with Black Canary who is a martial arts and boxing expert. Training with Batman helps a bit too. Lol.

Superherovandal
read the thread no artifacts allowed.

Zahit
Dr. Strange versus Zatanna:

Dr. Strange: "Nice legs there, babe."
Zatanna: "Thank you."
Dr. Strange: "Take your clothes off and Fix me dinner."
Zatanna: "K.O."

jrodslam
I think its very unfair to take away Strange's cloak and Eye of Agamotto.
He'd get murdered.

Even if he has it, he still might loose. Who knows.

Zatanna is highly underestimated in these forums imo.

Zahit
Dr. Fate would be a good challenge for Dr. Strange.
Not Zatanna.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Zahit
Dr. Fate would be a good challenge for Dr. Strange.
Not Zatanna.

Not Zatanna? Why not? No one explained how Strange would beat her. I still cant decide on the victor.

I think Fate would beat Strange with ease. But thats just me.

IRTMU-Dragon
Agreed.

stormfront13
zatanna doiesn't even need to say her spells she can just think them, saying them is just a concentration issue. zatanna is more than a match for strange, she can do everything he can do and better if she wanted. just say heart stop backwords or think about it happenning and it happens

IRTMU-Dragon
Strange doesnt have to say them either.

jrodslam
Nuff said.

stormfront13
did i ever say he didn't?? but it'll take a lot longer for strange to destroy the world then it wil zatanna

life is cruell
Where was it stated that zatanna only has to think about something for it to happen? In Identity Crisis # 3 or 4 after stabbing flash slade runs towards Zatanna and before she could say slade stop he punches her in the gut and reaches for her rib cage so she cant speak she was out of the fight for a while. If she could simply think about slade stopping why didnt she?

jrodslam
Originally posted by life is cruell
Where was it stated that zatanna only has to think about something for it to happen? In Identity Crisis # 3 or 4 after stabbing flash slade runs towards Zatanna and before she could say slade stop he punches her in the gut and reaches for her rib cage so she cant speak she was out of the fight for a while. If she could simply think about slade stopping why didnt she?

Its stated here http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=zatanna

And also in the DC Encyclopedia.

People dont always used their powers to the best of their abilities. Flash didnt even run at the speed of sound. GL didnt even use his power ring. Instead, he wanted to fight hand to hand? Its not necessary to bing up what happened in Crisis.

stormfront13
because the story would have been bad. that is why zatanna isn't seen that much anymore because DC realized she was too powerful, and if she did as she wanted the story's would be boring. but she said so erself in the wonder woman comic where all the men were turned into animals by circe. magneta was trying to cover zatanna's m,outh, but got defeated. zatanna then says

zatanna: when will people learn that is only a concentration excercise?

jrodslam
Nuff said.

brainchild81
Originally posted by jrodslam
Its stated here http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=zatanna

And also in the DC Encyclopedia.

People dont always used their powers to the best of their abilities. Flash didnt even run at the speed of sound. GL didnt even use his power ring. Instead, he wanted to fight hand to hand? Its not necessary to bing up what happened in Crisis. Yes. Because that was horrible. DC sometimes acts like they don't care how competant anyone looks but the big 3(Bats & that boring guy with the "S" on his chest & that boring chick with the magic lasso). I'm not sure, but I think Flash sells many more units than WW does. Why doesn't Flash get more respect than boring old WW?

Anyway, Strange beats her with ease. She's another attractive but boring character just like WW.

jrodslam
Youre right about DC puting alot of focus in the Big 3 mainly.

She(Zatanna) may be boring, but shes more powerful than almost any member in the JLA.

And I have yet to hear how Strange would beat her. Who needs speculation. Strange most certainly cannot beat her with ease. If anyone thinks so, please explain. Id sure like to hear it.

long pig
The reason I didn't add any artifacts to strange is because he'd murder her.
Zantannas natural abilities are powerful, but they aren't as powerful as the Gods that Strange is backed by. Most of his artifacts are from Gods that have power hundreds of times more power than Zantanna.
If Strange has the Eye of Aggamoto, he'd just mind wipe her in a half second.
That would be boring.

Strange is probably the better h2h fighter as well, he knows all known earth based martial arts.

As for Zantanna being able to destroy the world, no.
The spells she casts have to be basically ok'd or pre ok'd by the gods who grant her her power.
If she says "make the world blow up", it ain't happenin.
But, if she says "turn him inside out", it might, unless Strange counters it with a spell of his own.

Cosmic Cube
Youre right about DC puting alot of focus in the Big 3 mainly.

She(Zatanna) may be boring, but shes more powerful than almost any member in the JLA.

And I have yet to hear how Strange would beat her. Who needs speculation. Strange most certainly cannot beat her with ease. If anyone thinks so, please explain. Id sure like to hear it.

With the eye, the cape, or any of his artifacts, this isn't even a fight. long pig has made the fight more interesting. Strange could still win on experience, power (even without the artifacts, he could do just about anything she could,) and fighting ability.

Dizzle
Honestly, when did Zatanna become the Presence's sister? Seriously, her power is big, but still limited. She couldn't say "reficuL llik" and hope to accomplish anything. Strange is and pretty much always has been the top of the magic pile... Sorceror Supreme for a reason people.

long pig
She's very limited.
From what I've seen(correct me if I'm wrong) she can do anything....but on an extremely small scale.

People quote the time she turned the building into popcorn as her "big feat", but they don't ever say she DIDN'T MEAN TO.
She was trying to do something else entirely.

And how does Zantanna have more experience?
Strange has spent time training in universes where time ceases to exist, basically training for hundreds of years, and it would seem like seconds to us.

jrodslam
Originally posted by long pig
The reason I didn't add any artifacts to strange is because he'd murder her.
Zantannas natural abilities are powerful, but they aren't as powerful as the Gods that Strange is backed by. Most of his artifacts are from Gods that have power hundreds of times more power than Zantanna.
If Strange has the Eye of Aggamoto, he'd just mind wipe her in a half second.
That would be boring.

Strange is probably the better h2h fighter as well, he knows all known earth based martial arts.

As for Zantanna being able to destroy the world, no.
The spells she casts have to be basically ok'd or pre ok'd by the gods who grant her her power.
If she says "make the world blow up", it ain't happenin.
But, if she says "turn him inside out", it might, unless Strange counters it with a spell of his own.

What makes you so sure Strange would murder her? Strange backed by Gods, but doesnt have the power of them. Does Strange have power of the Gods? No he doesnt. Mind wipe Zatanna in half a second? You cant be serious. Its obvious that from that statement, that you know nothing of Zatanna and highly underestimate her.

Strange knowing all earth based martial arts? Where did you get this information? Ive never heard of Strange using any type of martial atrs. Do you have any theorys to back that information up? Id sure like to see it.

Im not sure on what exactly are her limits as to what the "Gods" grant her. Im not even sure of the "Gods". Are you? How are you so sure that Strange's gods are more powerful than Zatanna's gods. C'mon now thats being ignorant.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Dizzle
Honestly, when did Zatanna become the Presence's sister? Seriously, her power is big, but still limited. She couldn't say "reficuL llik" and hope to accomplish anything. Strange is and pretty much always has been the top of the magic pile... Sorceror Supreme for a reason people.

She has yet to see a limit. " lliK reficuL" ? Why would she want to do that? Now this is getting rediculous. She doesnt have to say words in order to do spells.

"Strange is top of the magic pile in Marvel" I agree, but then again Scarlet Which freed the Eye of Agamatto from his control, and he couldnt even break free on his own will.

Over time, Zatanna has become one of the foremost experts of magic, alongside such powerful beings as Dr. Fate, The Spectre, and The Phantom Stranger.

Strange cant compete with that type of roster. He struggles with the likes of Yandroth. Bah!

jrodslam

long pig
What makes you so sure Strange would murder her? Strange backed by Gods, but doesnt have the power of them. Does Strange have power of the Gods? No he doesnt. Mind wipe Zatanna in half a second? You cant be serious. Its obvious that from that statement, that you know nothing of Zatanna and highly underestimate her.

Strange knowing all earth based martial arts? Where did you get this information? Ive never heard of Strange using any type of martial atrs. Do you have any theorys to back that information up? Id sure like to see it.

Im not sure on what exactly are her limits as to what the "Gods" grant her. Im not even sure of the "Gods". Are you? How are you so sure that Strange's gods are more powerful than Zatanna's gods. C'mon now thats being ignorant.

He can certainly mind wipe her, and easily.
With the Eye, he's probably the strongest telepath on earth.

Strange has always known martial arts, he taught wong, they practice together all the time.
That shows me you have no clue about strange....check his bio dude.

How am I sure his gods are more powerful?
Easy, look at what he's done, and look at what she's done....he outclasses her.

jrodslam
He can certainly mind wipe her, and easily.
With the Eye, he's probably the strongest telepath on earth.

Strange has always known martial arts, he taught wong, they practice together all the time.
That shows me you have no clue about strange....check his bio dude.

How am I sure his gods are more powerful?
Easy, look at what he's done, and look at what she's done....he outclasses her.

Strange woudlnt be able to mind wip Zatanna. Not even Close, Prof X is the strongest telepath on earth. Strange isnt even top 10.

Hmmm. Practice with Wong or practice with Batman and Black Canary? I dont care what you say, Strange doesnt know all earth based martial arts. What a joke. In none of his bios does it say that. Not in Marvel, Not in Marvel Encyclopedia, not in Marvel Directorydoes it state that Strange is adept in any form of martial atrs. Dont make things up.

By feats you assume Strange's gods are more powerful than Zatanna's gods? Good conclusion lol. Zatanna has not limit. What she does, and what she fails to do because of lmits are totaly different. And she has yet to reach a limit.

long pig
Are you freaking kidding me?
Do you know who Strange is???
With the Eye of Agamotto, Strange FARRRRR surpasses Prof X in telepathic ability, even if you let Prof X uses Cerebro.

It's well known he is a master martial artist, have you ever read a Dr.Strange comic? ever???
I seriously doubt you have.

Um, what else can you reference?

Crack kills my man.

jrodslam
Lol. Where is that bio from? Its not in the Marvel Encyclopedia, or on Marvel.com. Strange is in no way a master at any type of martial arts. Lol.

http://marvel.com/universe/index.htm

Marvel itself says that Prof X is earths most powerful telepath. Whoever informs you of your false imformation is dead wrong my friend.

I think you need to stay off the same stuff im on buddy. laughing

jrodslam
http://marvel.com/universe/index.htm

http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoops/modules/wordbook/entry.php?entryID=223

Master of the Mystic Arts not Martial Arts. And nowhere does it say anything about being even remotely in Prof X's league in telepathy. Nice try though. Looks like you dont know much about Strange either huh?

laughing laughing laughing laughing

long pig
Prof is the most powerful natural telepath on earth.

Strange isn't a natural telepath, he uses Agamotto (who is a god) to use magic that is identical to telepathy.
When he uses the Eye of Agamotto, he is many times more powerful telepathy wise than Prof X.

Read the old "Strange Tales", he is a master of all earth known martial arts, simple as that.

You never answered my question, have you EVER read a dr strange comic, or are the words in his comics too large for you?

jrodslam
Whether is natural or given by his artifacts, it should be posted in official bios that hes the most powerful telepath on earth right? I mean c'mon, thats a pretty big title. Its never been stated in any bio except for the made up one you previously posted.

Hulk is the strongest mortal in the MU, but it doesnt count cause his powers arent natural right? No. Eventhough Hulk's powers arent natural, Marvel STILL says hes the strongest mortal on Earth. You make no sence at all. If Strange is indeed Earths most powerful telepath(which hes not), Marvel would state it whether its natural or not.

Nor does any official bio state that he's a master at any form of fighting or martial arts. Or was that given to him by the Eye of Agamtto as well? No more excuses please. Strange is none of these things you say he is. Marvel doesnt even say it. I guess youre right and theyre wrong huh?

And yes I have plenty comics with Strange in it. Youre still wrong. Keep trying though. One more for the good guys. Happy Dance Happy Dance

long pig
Dude, before someone else reems you for not knowing what you're talking about, read up on exactly what the eye of agamotto is capable of in the hands of Strange.

I don't really care to prove to you anything, I already know....if you don't, oh well.

"And yes I have plenty comics with Strange in it."
But do you have a Dr. Strange comic?
Didn't think so.

Go read up, then come back.

jrodslam
Dude, before someone else reems you for not knowing what you're talking about, read up on exactly what the eye of agamotto is capable of in the hands of Strange.

I don't really care to prove to you anything, I already know....if you don't, oh well.

Being capable of doing something and actually doing something, or being something for that matter are 2 difrferent things my friend.

You failed to prove anything because you cant prove anything. Unless that is if youre right and Marvel is wrong. from the looks of it, you know nothing. Just assumptions and false information.

Strange bieng a master at all Earth froms of martial arts? I guess that would make him one of the top 5 fighters on Earth ehh?

Strange being the most powerful telepath on Earth? So I gues Prof X, The Summers family, and Emma Frost are just low levels compared to him huh?

But I dont know what im talking abuut? Youre clearly mistaken. Nice try.

Keep the Faith Happy Dance Happy Dance

long pig
You're almost as annoying as Whirley, especially when you have no clue what you're talking about.
big grin

jrodslam
I know. Thanks for proving me wrong.
laughing

long pig
You're going to make me dig through my stash of ST's to prove you wrong aren't you?
Fine, but off the top of my head, he's wiped whole city's minds clean, he can mind link to every human being on earth by agamotto.....blah blah

I'll be back with some proof.

jrodslam
Wiped whole city's minds clean means hes the most powerful telepath on Earth? Nope.

Mind link to every human being n Earth? When was this? And it also doesnt mean that hes the most powerful telepath on the planet.

Yes please come back with proof.

jrodslam
During "Baptism", Zatanna briefly went insane and transmuted the entire moon.

She also was responsible for the restoration of Metropolis after "Zero Hour". Blah blah blah.

Laminator_X
Strange's martial arts background: Hand to hand was part of his over all mental physical and spiritual training during the years he spend in the Ancient One's monastery. He and Wong trained together daily for all those years in the Villiage (Greenwich, not Kamar-Taj) This has been stated and described many times over the years. Noteworthy examples include when Baron Mordo poisonned the Ancient One and fought Strange HtH in their Astral forms, when strange fought Dormamu HtH in the Dark Dimension, and against the magehunter Silver Dagger. Someone like Iron fist or Lady Shiva or whomever would beat Strange in HtH, but not Zatana. Occasional workouts with Batman or Black Canary do not match years of personal instruction from Shao-lin type guys.

Being something of an innate mystic, Zatana does have some magical advantages over Strange, but not many. Given that they are both extremely powerful and versitile it is difficult to draw direct power-to-power comparisons.
Such being the case, I would second longpig's assertion that we judge them by their deeds and acomplishments.

Strange's are greater. Strange has been the Universe's first line of defence against magical threats for many years, and he succeeds. He has defeated cosmic gods from beyond the Universe of their home turf many times, and even rebuked his own patrons when they attempted to take controll of him. He has fended off all challengers to his mantle of Supremacy, including one from another galaxy who had stolen most of his mystical trinkets. He is regaurded as a peer by the mightiest Sorcerors of other realities.

How does Zatana's career compare to that?

Re bios and encyclopedias: You cant codnense the totality of a subject into a few paragraphs. When you get to college don't ever site an encyclopedia entry in a research paper, your grade will suffer.

Re telepathy: Your analogy about the Hulk is false. Here is a correct one...
Saying that using the Eye of Agomotto cant exceed Xavier in some ways is like saying that someone operating a crane cant use it to lift more than Captain America can bench press because Cap is the peak of human physical potential.

Zatana once transformed the moon? Strange has a spell that would unmake the entire universe in one week.

He's not the best at everything, but Id say he's pound-for-pound the Sorceror Supreme of all comicdom.

long pig
Pretty much, yeah.
Strange is a master at mezmerizing, it's identical to telepathy, just a different name.
With the EOA, his mezmerizing skill (telepathy) is far more powerful than Prof x. That may be why he isn't called the earths greatest telepath.

I gave up on this guy, I'm not going to "prove" everything I say.
I say to hell with it.
Jrod doesn't own a Dr Strange comic, he's admitted it....he doesn't know what hes talking about. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cosmic Flame
And let us not forget that Strange spent 5,000 years fighting in the War of the Seven Speres. And he wasn't just fighting sorcerors--he was fighting gods as well.

5,000 years...

stormfront13
well heres some things zatanna has done because no one has posted them- all this was done by herself

restored metropilas and everyone in it like nothing had ever happened

beat i think his name was shadow, but she beat him and he threatened heaven itself

turned a building into popcorn

turned guns into pink flamingos

made magneta lose control over magnetism and had metal objects tie her up

beat the spectre, though he was not full powered

made a hunger demon eat itself

created monsters that killed oooh, i can't think of their names but people said they held reality together

she remade the earth

^^those are just the ones that i could think off the top of my head. she is very powerful and doesn't have to say her spells. i think zatanna would win, well...... not excatley sure

stormfront13
zatanna made a hunger demon eat himself in the nail 2
zatanna turned grass to moly in the comic where circe turned all men into animals
zatanna has turned guns into flamingos in world war 3 i think it was
zatanna used the powers of the lords of order when she helped joch constantine
Zatanna single-handedly destroyed the Shadow which threatened Heaven itself
Not to mention she brought back every single person in Metropolis City back to life after a catastrophe. The city was completely destroyed. Zatanna restored it back to perfection.
she accidently conjured up a monster that killed Ibis, Tim Ravenwind, and Dr. Thirteen
She stopped Circe , Neron, and even Spectre himself (though not at full power)
Zatanna changed the world

^^^^ those are some of the things she has done

LordFear
I never understood why people make claims like "Oh all she has to do is recite his name backwards or blah blah blah"
If these characters were as strong as some of these members make them out to be, then why would they have hardship and need council or aide from another?If Scarlet Witch can just wish someone from existence, as a few here in this forum have mentioned in the past, then why not just do it without the Avengers? Just go around reciting stuff backwards and killing everybody like Doomsday or Darkseid or wish them out of existence like Scarlet Witch with Juggernaut or whomever.
C'mon people stop hyping characters like that. Just go by their feats alone but don't start making up assumptions because it seems as if they can do it or it looks good on paper.

stormfront13
would you ever have considered comics where there was a new villian every week becuse they could be beat. yeah zatanna could affectivley take almost anyone out but imagine how boring it would be. a would crisis happens so the JLA calls on superman alone to fix it or something. if the characters were as powerful as they can be in comics then no one would read them because beating someone would be no problem. they would have to make stupid story's just to make it seem like things are hard. and yeah many of the x-men or avengers could go solo but they all rely on one another. they are like family and even though they could make it solo they wouldn't want to. with what you are trying to imply comics wouldn't be popular because the good guys would always win and there would be no reason to even read them.

manjaro
both powerhouses in ther own right but Zataana is is genetically imbued with a sensitivity to magic while Strange had to study for years and shit, so Zatana has the advant cuz she is used to doing stuff on a whim while strange, though he doesnt always have to chant a spell, still has to know what specific spell to cast. plus his bread and butter is using his artifacts, so without those he's toast, and the trhead starter stipulated that there were no artifacts allowed

Zatanna: gib kcoc ni sih htuom won!!!

Strange" gluk gluk glubbbb

Cosmic Flame
Strange has battled without artifacts before many times. The only talismans that he has at all times are the Eye and the cape, and those are a part of his costume. Even taking those away, he's not without resources.

Besides, being born with more power than an opponent doesn't necessarily guarantee a win, especially if your opponent has more experience or is more adept.

Laminator_X
In his early adventures, he didn't even have the Eye, the Ancient One eventually gace it to him once he proved himself worthy.

Just the same, Strange is not infallable and Zatanna's no slouch. I merely consider Strange's victory to be the most likely outcome.

long pig
In the Marvel world, Zantanna isn't even in the top 3 most powerful Magic users.
Are we seriously debating if she is better than Strange at peak???
C'mon.

Without his hundreds of artifacts, she has a very good chance though.
Even though, he's still a very good telepath with no help from the Eye.

Scoobless
whistling

King_Mungi
haha oh wow I was reading this and thought this thread was made recently

the Darkone
Dr. Strange kill crumbstomp her, let's be real here. Dr. Strange will send her too Shuma-Grotha relam with eye blink, she will be calling for daddy with a quickness. Dr. Strange 9/10

Thanos_THOTU
Stephen will enslave that gypsy

Thanos_THOTU
People forget how powerful Strange really are,
He's so powerful that he don't need internet to get porno for example:
http://www.syntheverse.com/images/preview/2243-006.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
When you have two combatants who are this powerful, it's really who gets the drop on who first. Being that Zatanna is a natural mystich gives her the edge. Strange has the showings. Neither have ever been shown to have a limit.

Thanos_THOTU
Uncle Ben (Peter Parker's uncle) havent shown any limits either, still we do not assume that he's more powerful than Spidy...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Uncle Ben (Peter Parker's uncle) havent shown any limits either, still we do not assume that he's more powerful than Spidy...

What are stranges limits? Cuz in another thread i made, someone said he couldn't beat odin. But it seems to me that he has no limits. HMMMMMM????

Thanos_THOTU
He defeated the Inbetweener, an abstract.

the Darkone
Dr. Strange defeated Shuma-Groath who is why above Odin in power/mystical, Dr.Strange absorb all the magic in Shuma-Gorath chaos dimension and had to kill himself to achieve that power. Dr. Strange can beat a sky father being, if he can defeat Dormmanu. Mephisto,Loki he can defeat Zantanna. You need to check his respect thread, Dr. Strange is the scourer supreme in comics period.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by the Darkone
Dr. Strange defeated Shuma-Groath who is why above Odin in power/mystical, Dr.Strange absorb all the magic in Shuma-Gorath chaos dimension and had to kill himself to achieve that power. Dr. Strange can beat a sky father being, if he can defeat Dormmanu. Mephisto,Loki he can defeat Zantanna. You need to check his respect thread, Dr. Strange is the scourer supreme in comics period.

That's not the point. Dr. Strange is depicted as so powerful, yet people said he couldn't beat Odin. THey wanted to portray Odin as so powerful becuz it was convenient at the time cuz we were debating Darksied vs odin. So they weren't going to say dr. strange could beat him. not at that point. he had to have the best possible light shone on him at that point. I know Doc can beat Odin. Hell Zatanna can beat Odin. One spell cutting him off from his power source does the trick very nicely.

thedude1948
I cant see Strange losing when Magic is involved ever.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/9158/eyeofagamottohn6.jpg

the Darkone
Because Dr. Strange jobbers that's why, I'm starting to read some of his books, Dr. Strange is ubber powerful. If Dr. strange can beat Dormmanu= Odin, Dr. Strange can beat Zantanna. Some people believe he can't beat Odin, he could most likely stalemate him or beat him depending on the story, since Odin is sorcerer supreme in his universe" asgard".

long pig
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
When you have two combatants who are this powerful, it's really who gets the drop on who first. Being that Zatanna is a natural mystich gives her the edge. Strange has the showings. Neither have ever been shown to have a limit.
But, you see, that's where you are wrong. Zatanna has limits, her limits have been shown many times. She's been unable to do things because of said limits.

The other thing is Strange does have actual inner magic. In fact, he has all the natural magic on earth inside him, he got it by stealing it from Gaea and in the process he depleted the world's magical reserves forever.

Validus
There's a google ad on this page for free magic spells. Wondering if I should click it.

long pig
Click that mother****er or else!

Validus
I got a spell for luck and money being sent to me overnight. Happy Dance

Sixth_Winged
hmmm... i thought t'is thread was recent and that long pig lost his Dr. S pimping aura. big grin

B dot Rob
Are you freaking kidding me?
Do you know who Strange is???
With the Eye of Agamotto, Strange FARRRRR surpasses Prof X in telepathic ability, even if you let Prof X uses Cerebro.

WTF IS THIS GAHBAGE mad

doctorstrongbad
Dr. Strange wins this. 10/10 His magic has no limits, he fights abstracts and wins.

trolly_crouchjr
Comon...Dr Strange is overrated...sometimes i wonder why Comic Earth has so many Heros and super powered beings while other planets dont...

trolly_crouchjr
Strange dosnt even look good...to me at least

the Darkone
But, you see, that's where you are wrong. Zatanna has limits, her limits have been shown many times. She's been unable to do things because of said limits.

The other thing is Strange does have actual inner magic. In fact, he has all the natural magic on earth inside him, he got it by stealing it from Gaea and in the process he depleted the world's magical reserves forever.

thumb up exactly.

Raptor22
this hasnt been debated in a while i was wondering if there were any fresh views on this matchup

Enyalus
Zatanna owns current Strange. And he likes it.

id369
Originally posted by Enyalus
Zatanna owns current Strange. And he likes it.

You mean he loves it. And by it, I meanvin

Enyalus
Originally posted by id369
You mean he loves it. And by it, I meanvin
big grin thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.