Relion sucks or does it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nickster05
somepeople don't like it but somepeople love it !!
do u? love it? or hate it?

lil bitchiness
Its not necessary. Much like many other ideologies its used for control.

DCLXVI
Organized Religion = Bad

But, to each his/her own....

Storm
Religion is a powerful factor in many conflicts around the world. Sometimes it is a cause for conflict, sometimes it simply helps sustain conflict, and other times it is used as a pretext for conflicts that have deeper roots in other issues.

debbiejo
I wish religion could be its essence instead of what it has become.

DCLXVI
Originally posted by debbiejo
I wish religion could be its essence instead of what it has become.

That's possibly the best quote I've ever read in this Forum....did you plaigarize it? stick out tongue
Lol, j/k

XxoooxX
relinon is for the ignorant. Just little minded people bleive in it. A bunch of people belivein another Santa clause. The very inteligent people generally dont belive in religon.......

debbiejo
Originally posted by DCLXVI
That's possibly the best quote I've ever read in this Forum....did you plaigarize it? stick out tongue
Lol, j/k

Nope, I thought of it with my own little 10% of brain.. big grin

DCLXVI
stick out tongue

socialrebel101
Originally posted by XxoooxX
relgion is for the ignorant. Just little minded people bleive in it.

Exactly. Religion is one of the most useless things that I've ever come across, besides Furby dolls.

The Ken
so does religion suck or what? Maybe....maybe not.... Find out in the next episode of ...HELL ON EARTH (season 4)....(eat snacky smores)

Just kidding - believe in Jesus y'all wink - "JESUS SAVES" - there just is no other way...BESIDES THE HIGHWAY....BWA HA HA hi babe wink Happy Dance rock pirate zorro

alcoholicpoet
Originally posted by The Ken
Just kidding - believe in Jesus y'all wink - "JESUS SAVES" - there just is no other way...BESIDES THE HIGHWAY....BWA HA HA hi babe wink Happy Dance rock pirate zorro

dots

mr.smiley
I think we would all be better off if Pagans would have stayed in charge in Rome.

debbiejo
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I think we would all be better off if Pagans would have stayed in charge in Rome.

You really want to be one, don't you??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

It certainly would be more fun....they had lots of fun festivals...

Too many temples though...but that's Roman and Greek Mythology...Well, they're pagan too, I guess....I just like the Nature Pagan practices....Dancin around the fires and howlin at the moon.

mr.smiley
They where very smart.They claim that the Christian destruction of Paganism set us back two millennia in scientific understanding.In sixth century BCE Pythagoras had created the idea the earth revolved around the sun.By the the third century BCEAristarchus had outlined the heliocentric theory and Eratosthenes had managed to measure the circumference of the earth.

All these teaching where suppressed by the Christian Church.

finti
well the teaching of the church got astray. They suddenly deceided they had monopoly on thinking, and dare those who had other views than the church

Darthburgerking
As Bad Religion said "I want to conquer the world and give all the idiots a brand new religion" blah blah blah long story short religion only fuels hatred and bigatry wheter it be christian, Muslim, Hebrew, etc...

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
well the teaching of the church got astray. They suddenly deceided they had monopoly on thinking, and dare those who had other views than the church

All their hopes and dreams they envision has come true.....A world presence.......We'll never have peace now...

Imperial_Samura
I don't begrudge people religion, and as long as it's not causing harm I have no problem with it. In fact despite everything I still feel it has a place in the world, that it is important to many, that it aids them in life and such.

Whether it is true of not doesn't matter if it makes people happy. And while I enjoy debating it and such I don't think less of people who believe or don't, as long as it's not doing anything wrong religion doesn't suck.

Fishy
Religion is a great thing, it gives people strength if they need it, it can comfort people and give them a reason.

Besides if people don't want it then they don't have to notice it.

Organised Religion is another thing all together, organised religion sucks more then anything else I have ever seen. It destroys the very things it preaches and instead of creating peace it creates war. There isn't an institution in the world today with more money then the Vatican and yet they preach that we should give to the poor. They have entire rooms filled with paintings and sculptures they could sell for millions a piece which they could give to poor people. But no they won't do that. Let normal people pay for the poor people and a nice new Van Gogh while they are at it.

debbiejo
Religions good for "Pot Lucks"....

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Fishy
Religion is a great thing, it gives people strength if they need it, it can comfort people and give them a reason.

Besides if people don't want it then they don't have to notice it.

Organised Religion is another thing all together, organised religion sucks more then anything else I have ever seen. It destroys the very things it preaches and instead of creating peace it creates war. There isn't an institution in the world today with more money then the Vatican and yet they preach that we should give to the poor. They have entire rooms filled with paintings and sculptures they could sell for millions a piece which they could give to poor people. But no they won't do that. Let normal people pay for the poor people and a nice new Van Gogh while they are at it.

"Besides if people don't want it then they don't have to notice it."

That's not always true.Sadly,religon is shoved down a lot of peoples throats.Not as much as it used to be,but it's manipulated to make us belive religon is more central than what it realy is.

Darthburgerking
That sums up organized religion very well laughing

markie
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I think we would all be better off if Pagans would have stayed in charge in Rome. Christianity today is just christianized paganism. We celebrate their holidays and practice their rituals and just change the names. The pagan practises are done by most christians and a lot of them don't know it while others don't care because it's all been christianized.

debbiejo
Originally posted by markie
Christianity today is just christianized paganism. We celebrate their holidays and practice their rituals and just change the names. The pagan practises are done by most christians and a lot of them don't know it while others don't care because it's all been christianized.

Yep...though I find religion repressive......And that's a bad thing...

mr.smiley
Originally posted by markie
Christianity today is just christianized paganism. We celebrate their holidays and practice their rituals and just change the names. The pagan practises are done by most christians and a lot of them don't know it while others don't care because it's all been christianized.

Very true.However,the philosophy that accompaniyed ancienct Paganism is gone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.