Think back...way back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kegs202
To the time you first saw Star Wars. Did you come away talking about the cheesy acting, plot holes, some effects not quite as good, I don't thinks so. I don't recall any actor giving an oscar winning performance in any Star Wars movie. But I do recall how I fell in love with the movies and still love them including all the prequels. I love Star Wars because it is Star Wars complete with dodgy parts. Theres too many people on this forum nitpicking silly little things. The answer is easy YOU DON'T HAVE TO WATCH THEM, Nobody forces you to watch them.

Just enjoy them for what they are, Escapism, Fun and Highly entertaining.

macgeek2005
There is only one Star Wars film. Only one worth watching.

Revenge of the Sith.

smoker4
blink

Han Solo rules

Lana
Originally posted by macgeek2005

Revenge of the Sith.

Get over yourself, it was good, but it's not the end-all be-all of the SW universe.

I was 10 when I first saw the OT, and I remember thinking "holy crap this is awesome!!!! ...must kill ewoks...." laughing out loud

smoker4
Originally posted by Lana
Get over yourself, it was good, but it's not the end-all be-all of the SW universe.

I was 10 when I first saw the OT, and I remember thinking "holy crap this is awesome!!!! ...must kill ewoks...." laughing out loud

laughing out loud

I remember thinking if they grew up like chewy, or why a dustbin kept moving about on wheels

HAROLD
Originally posted by macgeek2005

Revenge of the Sith. Not really. ESB and ANH are still superior.

txswfan
Originally posted by kegs202
To the time you first saw Star Wars. Did you come away talking about the cheesy acting, plot holes, some effects not quite as good, I don't thinks so. I don't recall any actor giving an oscar winning performance in any Star Wars movie. But I do recall how I fell in love with the movies and still love them including all the prequels. I love Star Wars because it is Star Wars complete with dodgy parts. Theres too many people on this forum nitpicking silly little things. The answer is easy YOU DON'T HAVE TO WATCH THEM, Nobody forces you to watch them.

Just enjoy them for what they are, Escapism, Fun and Highly entertaining.

Absolutely agree. If the OT came out today, people would be whining about how cheesy it was and how poor the acting is and how Luke is a whiny little brat.

Complain all you want about how if so and so had done this movie, it would have been better....but bottom line, this is George Lucas' story and he told it the way he wanted it to be told. It's his universe, we just get to escape into it for a little while.

Enjoy it just for the entertainment value it's meant to be.

The Ones
Originally posted by HAROLD
Not really. ESB and ANH are still superior.

What the f**k? ANH SUCKS!!!

DarkYoda
Originally posted by The Ones

Translation: ANH has the least amount of lightsabers and a very poor lightsaber duel.

Lana

No it doesn't, IMO it was the second-best of the movies.

The Ones
sorry. ANH sucks my dick

DeVi| D0do
I may nitpick but that doesn't mean I still don't enjoy them.

I love these films.

I agree txswfan, these are George Lucas's films. He may have dones things we may not like, but he has always stuck to his guns and done what he wanted which I think is very admirable.

smoker4
sorry. ANH sucks my dick

Looks through special features again for this easter egg smokin'

The Ones
no expression ewwww

jedi2187

The Ones
just because ANH "started it all" people love it. i think about what is in the film. not what came after it. and in the film, everything was shit

Lana
just because ANH "started it all" people love it. i think about what is in the film. not what came after it. and in the film, everything was shit

First time I saw the OT I saw them out of order, so that's not why I like it stick out tongue

Smegulated
i only saw them arfter they came out and backwards!
i still loved them

i knew who lukes father was in empire strikes back smile

DarkYoda
A New Hope is great because it is the calm after the storm. Very moody I think. Very sad. Very tragic that poor old Obi-Wan has had to endure 20 years in the desert all alone. Very sad that Luke has no idea what happened all those years ago. Very gross that he has a crush on his own sister. Very cool that Chewbacca and Han Solo join the action. Awesome to see Darth Vader and the Empire in full swing. X-wings, Tie fighters, the Millennium Falcon... A friggin space station destroying a planet!!! What's not to love?

The Ones
the poor cgi, out of context with the other star wars films. etc

DarkYoda
I guess we need to see Jar Jar Binks at the Emperor's side to make things all better. MORE CGI!!!

sick

The only thing I would like improved is more detail on the ships, better technology (instead of the old atari look), more breathtaking views of planets, less muppets, more ships, and a better choreographed fight between Obi-Wan and Vader.

Edit: the Atari look is kind of cool sort of... in another way it is lame. As long as we have the originals, I have no problem with some GOOD adjustments to the OT.

jedi2187

Wha...? Are you talking about ANH????

SithKiller
well they were just a bit ahead of most when ANH came out plus there wasnt another plot to follow etc...now anything is possible and following something done in the 70s is hard... is why everyone "wanks"(peanuts teacher..wank wank wank) bout everything.....so of course they could have done better effects and filled plotholes better etc...by the way I didnt read the first page so I dont know if someone already said this...lol

mysterio69
how in blue blazes can it be out of context? it was the first one made. confused

Darth MoonPIE
Oh man... my adreniline started pumping when he said ANH sucked... calm yourself moonpie... must not anger... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I don't think ANH is the best but it certainly does not suck. PLEASE ASK FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU WILL BE DESTROYED.

just kidding...

finti
I saw ANH when it first came out and it blew me away just like it blew millions upon millions of others away, cause back in 1977 it was outstanding and groundbreaking.

this says more than anything why you should refrain posting anymore on this subject

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by finti
I saw ANH when it first came out and it blew me away just like it blew millions upon millions of others away, cause back in 1977 it was outstanding and groundbreaking.

I first saw it in 1995 and it blew me away! It still amazes me today!

finti
same with me.

jedi2187
ditto.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.