Gladiator vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tormentor_2004
When it comes to these superpowerful characters, i dunno who wins.

Lord S
Here's a hint...

all4carnage
THOR WOULD WIN.. he would have pretty good compition but would just overpower gladiater in the end

Bialaska
I know that Thor is pretty powerful, but I think this one goes to the Gladiator. He's just too freaking strong.

kgkg
Originally posted by all4carnage
THOR WOULD WIN.. he would have pretty good compition but would just overpower gladiater in the end
Already happened like 3 times.

Gladiator is faster and stronger than Thor (even with Mjolnir.)

Masterson: Got his ass kicked with WM. (clearly Gladiator was kicking Thor's ass)

Jake: This time Gladiator attacked at high speed, and send his Mjolnir packing, then proceed with kicking Thor ass.(again clearly Gladiator is stronger and faster)

Gladiator lost to Thor in a fight because of outside help etc.

Xplosive
Gladiator.

leonidas
<<Masterson: Got his ass kicked with WM. (clearly Gladiator was kicking Thor's ass)>>

except for that one little part where masterson KO'D him! and the fight was pretty even - certainly glads was NOT kicking his ass. before he was knocked out that is, by a relatively inexperienced thor. if masterson beat him, the real thor certainly could. a couple magic lightning bolts is all it would take - just like it was enough for masterson. and hulk beat glads down BEFORE stuffing him inside the reactor. he withstood his vision beams, and stuffed them back in his face. glads was incapacitated - that's WHY hulk had to drag him by the scruff of his neck and stuff him into the reactor. and that wasn't even SAVAGE hulk! supreme was shown to be stronger in their x-over as well. cripes, old school colossos gave glads a good fight. glads's only advantage is speed - and thor's been able to hit surfer.

thor takes it.

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
<<Masterson: Got his ass kicked with WM. (clearly Gladiator was kicking Thor's ass)>>

except for that one little part where masterson KO'D him! and the fight was pretty even - certainly glads was NOT kicking his ass. before he was knocked out that is, by a relatively inexperienced thor. if masterson beat him, the real thor certainly could. a couple magic lightning bolts is all it would take - just like it was enough for masterson. and hulk beat glads down BEFORE stuffing him inside the reactor. he withstood his vision beams, and stuffed them back in his face. glads was incapacitated - that's WHY hulk had to drag him by the scruff of his neck and stuff him into the reactor. and that wasn't even SAVAGE hulk! supreme was shown to be stronger in their x-over as well. cripes, old school colossos gave glads a good fight. glads's only advantage is speed - and thor's been able to hit surfer.

thor takes it.
It was not even fight, Masterson got his ass kicked did you see what gladiator did to Thor using his speed. Thor can never keep up with that.

Then he uses living lighting to save his ass (while gladiator is chilling)

Gladiator already beat the really Thor pretty fast (without Thor using outside help)

-Hulk defeated him because of radiation. (Also was pretty bad writing)

Gladiator has shatter planets with his fists, survived a blast that destroyed a Solar system , went inside a star etc

Thor will put a good fight but Gladiator wins, has done it before.

Thor only wins outside help
1.) living lighting / cheap attack while glad is chilling , outside help , magic enhancements

Beyonder

except for that one little part where masterson KO'D him! and the fight was pretty even - certainly glads was NOT kicking his ass.

Where you got this "pretty even" idea I don't even know.

Yeah, a couple. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Um okay. Hulk also knew Gladiator's weakness for some dumb reason. And a power plant "happened" to contain that certain kind of radiation Gladiator was invulnerable too. And this fight came after, Marvel Vs. DC where Superman kicked Hulk's ass. So guess why Hulk was allowed won against Gladiator?

leonidas
<<And this fight came after, Marvel Vs. DC where Superman kicked Hulk's ass. So guess why Hulk was allowed won against Gladiator?>>

ah yes, my favourite - the big marvel conspiracy issue! i'm sure that's exactly what the writers were thinking. use facts instead of stuff you've read on the forum. marvel needed hulk to look good so they have him beat the 'world-renowned gladiator!' much more prestigious then having him beat thor or juggernaut. you must be kidding. and for the third time - hulk pummeled him BEFORE he surmised anything about the radiation. he stuffed his laser vision into his brain!! glads was finished at that point. and fact is the masterson fight WAS pretty even considering masterson himself said he was inexperienced. he could have summoned REAL lightning if he knew how.

and thor's real lightning is likely more powerful than living lightning - you're right, probably wouldn't take a 'couple' probably take one shot. he's vulnerable to magic.

fact - hulk (not savage) ruined him (he even tried the 'speed blitz/carry him to space attack!)
fact - masterson ko'd him and masterson was a shadow of the real thor

let's see: he survived an explosion, there is a conspiracy against him and before masterson ko'd him you think he was winning the fight, oh, and bad writing. those are your reasons glads beats thor?? thor who has fought every heavyweight in the histry of marvel and beaten almost all of them? what if his, er, confidence is low???

kgkg, i know you're a glads fan. cool. but you can't deny he was beaten by masterson and hulk and has had some bad showings in other books - he was also seriously disrespected in the tyrant battle where ss was clearly shown to be superior to him. tell me the toughest person glads has officially beaten/ko'd because the best i come up with is pre-upgrade colossos - and that was a great fight.

in an all out battle thor wins.

Wynndar
who cares about masterson...The real Thor and Gladiator have fought...why does everyone always bring up Masterson who has nothing to do with these two fighting.

kgkg
<<And this fight came after, Marvel Vs. DC where Superman kicked Hulk's ass. So guess why Hulk was allowed won against Gladiator?>>

ah yes, my favourite - the big marvel conspiracy issue! i'm sure that's exactly what the writers were thinking. use facts instead of stuff you've read on the forum. marvel needed hulk to look good so they have him beat the 'world-renowned gladiator!' much more prestigious then having him beat thor or juggernaut. you must be kidding. and for the third time - hulk pummeled him BEFORE he surmised anything about the radiation. he stuffed his laser vision into his brain!! glads was finished at that point. and fact is the masterson fight WAS pretty even considering masterson himself said he was inexperienced. he could have summoned REAL lightning if he knew how.

and thor's real lightning is likely more powerful than living lightning - you're right, probably wouldn't take a 'couple' probably take one shot. he's vulnerable to magic.

fact - hulk (not savage) ruined him (he even tried the 'speed blitz/carry him to space attack!)
fact - masterson ko'd him and masterson was a shadow of the real thor

let's see: he survived an explosion, there is a conspiracy against him and before masterson ko'd him you think he was winning the fight, oh, and bad writing. those are your reasons glads beats thor?? thor who has fought every heavyweight in the histry of marvel and beaten almost all of them? what if his, er, confidence is low???

kgkg, i know you're a glads fan. cool. but you can't deny he was beaten by masterson and hulk and has had some bad showings in other books - he was also seriously disrespected in the tyrant battle where ss was clearly shown to be superior to him. tell me the toughest person glads has officially beaten/ko'd because the best i come up with is pre-upgrade colossos - and that was a great fight.

in an all out battle thor wins.

Hmm Thor couldn't even beat Jugs

Here is what happened with no one interfering

kgkg

kgkg
now that's speed.

leonidas
<<who cares about masterson...The real Thor and Gladiator have fought...why does everyone always bring up Masterson who has nothing to do with these two fighting.>>

who cares? masterson WAS thor for a time! quite a while actually. the thread is thor v gladiator, soooooo, i'd say it has some relevence . . .

and kg, those pics are great. i'm curious what issue they're from - obviously they're quite recent. i'm also a bit . . . skeptical that glads could . . . kick thor's hammer away from him. but he apparently did. after those pics, i can certainly see your side of things a little better. doesn't change my mind, or what has happened to glads in the past though - in an all out, no holds barred battle i still say thor (with no second persona to inconveniently change into - though to be fair masterson was also a second persona) takes it.

but i'd never seen the battle you showed (again, it must be pretty recent), and i can see your side more clearly.

i never said it wouldn't be a good fight - i just think thor's past accomplishment far outweigh glads's and that thor would be the one left standing.

ps-you're right about juggs - that's actually always bothered me a little. so you think gladiator could take him? i'm sure you know where i fall on THAT one . . . smile

kgkg
<<who cares about masterson...The real Thor and Gladiator have fought...why does everyone always bring up Masterson who has nothing to do with these two fighting.>>

who cares? masterson WAS thor for a time! quite a while actually. the thread is thor v gladiator, soooooo, i'd say it has some relevence . . .

and kg, those pics are great. i'm curious what issue they're from - obviously they're quite recent. i'm also a bit . . . skeptical that glads could . . . kick thor's hammer away from him. but he apparently did. after those pics, i can certainly see your side of things a little better. doesn't change my mind, or what has happened to glads in the past though - in an all out, no holds barred battle i still say thor (with no second persona to inconveniently change into - though to be fair masterson was also a second persona) takes it.

but i'd never seen the battle you showed (again, it must be pretty recent), and i can see your side more clearly.

i never said it wouldn't be a good fight - i just think thor's past accomplishment far outweigh glads's and that thor would be the one left standing.

ps-you're right about juggs - that's actually always bothered me a little. so you think gladiator could take him? i'm sure you know where i fall on THAT one . . . smile
smile Gladiator rocks

And yes he would own jugs, he will just shatter the planet to bits with one punch smile then he will be blowing him to the sun smile

kgkg
speed smile

leonidas
hmm, ya know, i was looking and looking at those scans thinking . . . they look awfully familiar. and low and behold - thor 34-35! i DO have them! but kg those are terrible issues for you to use! after your scans where he kicks thor away and thor becomes human, glads totals tarene then goes looking to finish thor. thor regains his hammer and . . . things don't go well for glads after that.

thor beats the %$#@ out of him! after they save that jet, the battle continues and, well, glads gets crushed! thor even tells glads as he is crushing him that he (thor) can no longer hold back! he'd been holding back because he thought glads a friend - when he really decided to cut loose in the battle he ko'd glads again! glads even returns at the end to zarrko (who had sent him to kill thor) and says:

"I did my best, but he's too strong. Thor lives."

kg, by glads's OWN admission thor is too strong for him! and there was no outside interference in that issue. glads was already ko'd when tarene showed up, and she was out of the whole second part of the fight. (wish i had a %$#@ scanner!) to me, anyone who wants DEFINITIVE proof (uttered by glads himself) as to who really IS the more powerful of the 2, just please check out thor #35. to me the debate is really over. anyone who reads that issue should be convined.

i'm not renegging on what i said earlier, kg - your opinion is still your own, and i respect that, but after issue #35, i'm just not entirely sure how you continue to hold it so tightly.

Scoobless
Originally posted by kgkg
Masterson: Got his ass kicked with WM. (clearly Gladiator was kicking Thor's ass)

inexperienced Masterson still kicked Gladiator's ass pretty convincingly

Jake: This time Gladiator attacked at high speed, and send his Mjolnir packing, then proceed with kicking Thor ass.(again clearly Gladiator is stronger and faster)

Gladiator sneak attacked him at the start.....he later knocked his hammer away making him turn human.... as soon as he got the hammer back he knocked the crap out of Gladiator

Thor only wins outside help
1.) living lighting / cheap attack while glad is chilling , outside help , magic enhancements

Erik Masterson used living lightning... real Thor never would have got to the position where he needed help... he'd use his own mystical lightning... same effect

Originally posted by Beyonder
Um okay. Hulk also knew Gladiator's weakness for some dumb reason.

why does everyone find it so hard to figure out how Hulk stumbled on to Glad's weakness?.... he forced the guys eyebeams back on him and it hurt.... that was a type of radiant energy.... Hulk just took this to the next logical step by using more radiant energy against him.... simple

masterson WAS thor for a time! quite a while actually. the thread is thor v gladiator, soooooo, i'd say it has some relevence . . .

Masterson was Masterson in a Thor suit for all intents and purposes... he didn't have Thor's mind, his skill or his experience...... that makes him a completely different fighter

kgkg

Scoobless
2.) When Glad is about to finish Thor, he gets jump from behind, then beats her to.

you've gotta be kidding..... Glads went to kill a defenceless human that Thor was forced to coexist with (sorta)..... that earned him a good ass kicking saved plane or not

most of Thor's existence has been spent without a human side to his physical character.... Glads attacks him at one of the times he has that weakness and this is the fight you choose to use in your argument.... "tut tut"

without Jake or some other human weighing him down Thor wins

leonidas
<<you've gotta be kidding..... Glads went to kill a defenceless human that Thor was forced to coexist with (sorta)..... that earned him a good ass kicking saved plane or not

most of Thor's existence has been spent without a human side to his physical character.... Glads attacks him at one of the times he has that weakness and this is the fight you choose to use in your argument.... "tut tut"

without Jake or some other human weighing him down Thor wins>>

absolutely. in that issue, before tarene shows up, glads's eyes are closed. he' s out. and again - there was NO INTERFERENCE during the second part of that fight. glads was done BEFORE she showed up. like he was done BEFORE hulk put him in the reactor. and on top of that, glads said thor is TOO strong - implies 'i cannot beat him', which implies thor is more powerful. least in my opinion. sorry kg, this is pretty cut and dried for me. smile

and scoob, your point about masterson is taken, but he WAS a version of thor. different person yes, but the power was thor's, and for a time he was the ONLY thor. didn't matter, obviously, even the inexperienced 'thor' beat glads.

kgkg
Originally posted by Scoobless
you've gotta be kidding..... Glads went to kill a defenceless human that Thor was forced to coexist with (sorta)..... that earned him a good ass kicking saved plane or not

without Jake or some other human weighing him down Thor wins
The point is Glad kicked his ass.

And was helped by friends

Defenseless human? If he wants to he can throw to moon at him.

Thor in two fights only won only by outside help , and Glad didn't only fight thor so that is also a problem.

1.) He had to beat WM
2.) Thor girl

kgkg
<<you've gotta be kidding..... Glads went to kill a defenceless human that Thor was forced to coexist with (sorta)..... that earned him a good ass kicking saved plane or not

without Jake or some other human weighing him down Thor wins>>

absolutely. in that issue, before tarene shows up, glads's eyes are closed. he' s out. and again - there was NO INTERFERENCE during the second part of that fight. glads was done BEFORE she showed up. like he was done BEFORE hulk put him in the reactor. and on top of that, glads said thor is TOO strong - implies 'i cannot beat him', which implies thor is more powerful. least in my opinion. sorry kg, this is pretty cut and dried for me. smile

and scoob, your point about masterson is taken, but he WAS a version of thor. different person yes, but the power was thor's, and for a time he was the ONLY thor. didn't matter, obviously, even the inexperienced 'thor' beat glads.

Closed? tarene attacks him then he is still not down

did you not see him get back up?

And the point is he battle Thor , Thor girl , got attacked by tarene

Stronger? Gladiator/ Thor has admitted to be of equal in terms of Strength

leonidas
ha! the only thing that fighting WM first would have done was MAYBE bruised glads's fists. hardly 'outside' interference. he also beat thorgirl very quickly and seemed none the worse for wear because of the skirmish. i know you somehow don't see it, but thor crushed glads in that second issue - thor didn't even NEED to summon the lightning that knocked glads out before. glads was face down, pummeled and beaten when tarene showed up. it would have been just as easy for thor to finish him there as it was tarene. thor was just getting started, glads was done. and he didn't say thor is my equal - he said he's TOO strong (implied was 'too strong for me')

anyway, i know i'll not convince you, but it's pretty black and white to me, and i'll sleep well knowing thor would and DID trounce the overrated blowhard!

hehe
smile

kgkg
ha! the only thing that fighting WM first would have done was MAYBE bruised glads's fists. hardly 'outside' interference. he also beat thorgirl very quickly and seemed none the worse for wear because of the skirmish. i know you somehow don't see it, but thor crushed glads in that second issue - thor didn't even NEED to summon the lightning that knocked glads out before. glads was face down, pummeled and beaten when tarene showed up. it would have been just as easy for thor to finish him there as it was tarene. thor was just getting started, glads was done. and he didn't say thor is my equal - he said he's TOO strong (implied was 'too strong for me')

anyway, i know i'll not convince you, but it's pretty black and white to me, and i'll sleep well knowing thor would and DID trounce the overrated blowhard!

hehe
smile
Sleep well lol

But Gladiator wins smile 7 vote good job peeps

Only if the writers didn't make lame excuses to beat Gladiator.

But there is no convincing you, you have the comics to you is looking in favor of Thor, am just looking why Gladiator lost.

WM , Thor girl are nobody now?

Scoobless
The point is Glad kicked his ass.

And was helped by friends

Defenseless human? If he wants to he can throw to moon at him.

Thor in two fights only won only by outside help , and Glad didn't only fight thor so that is also a problem.

If Thor hadn't been turned back into Jake then he wouldn't have been knocked out in the first place...... this isn't Gladiator V's Jake, it's Gladiator V's Thor.... and Thor has kicked his ass in the past and could very well do it again in the future

kgkg
If Thor hadn't been turned back into Jake then he wouldn't have been knocked out in the first place...... this isn't Gladiator V's Jake, it's Gladiator V's Thor.... and Thor has kicked his ass in the past and could very well do it again in the future
Jake is part of Thor.

And what is stopping Gladiator from kicking his hammer away every time they fight.

100X light speed Thor can't keep up with that.

Every win Thor got was by surprise attack / team attack

leonidas
sorry kg, once i got a scanner, i just couldn't resist . . .

heheh. smile

ps-please note - no one is interfering in this beating!

zzzzzzzzzzz . . . .

whirlysplat
The hippie beat the punk big grin and who says theres no justice!!!Originally posted by leonidas

heheh. smile

zzzzzzzzzzz . . . .

kgkg

heheh. smile

zzzzzzzzzzz . . . .

lol did he get knocked out i don't think so

and he did fight Thor Girl rite before that why don't you post the sneak attack by Thor rite after the airplane ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

so much for one on one

Gladiator wins smile

Xplosive
smile Gladiator rocks

And yes he would own jugs, he will just shatter the planet to bits with one punch smile then he will be blowing him to the sun smile

And with that one punch, Gladiator couldn't move Cannonball, but I think he would blown Juugs away.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Xplosive
And with that one punch, Gladiator couldn't move Cannonball, but I think he would blown Juugs away.

Yes, because Thor can redirect people's kinetic energy against them & create a barrer. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you'd read it, you'd know Gladiator toyed with Cannonball the whole time.

ZephroCarnelian
He did indeed.

And if people doubt Glad's speed, they should check out that fight for info on that too.

One panel, Cannonball floating there.

Next panel, Cannonbal not moved but tied up in a girder, lol!

Scoobless
whistling

Soujaboy
lol did he get knocked out i don't think so

and he did fight Thor Girl rite before that why don't you post the sneak attack by Thor rite after the airplane ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

so much for one on one

Gladiator wins smile

This fights actually simple. Thor just uses a radiation blast against Glads, and he go's down. wink

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Soujaboy
This fights actually simple. Thor just uses a radiation blast against Glads, and he go's down. wink Can Thor do that? Radiation I mean.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Can Thor do that? Radiation I mean.

Actually I think he can, but I'll go back and look. Even so he can transmute things with his hammer so transmuting something into a large radiating block shouldn't be to hard. Or he could just open a dimensional rift, and send Glads to a giant radiator. I don't know, there's many possibilities.

Lucid Lui
This fights actually simple. Thor just uses a radiation blast against Glads, and he go's down. wink And how exactly does Thor know the exact type of radiation that weakens Kallark?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
And how exactly does Thor know the exact type of radiation that weakens Kallark? Maybe the Hulk told him.

MJOILNIR
Its even simpler than that:
*Gladiator* " Thors to strong, I cant beat him. I failed"
Beaten, broken and NO CONFIDENCE cool
Thor has already won and will win. Espically considering Glads now thinks Thor is to strong for him.*wink,wink*

bigbran
inexperienced Masterson still kicked Gladiator's ass pretty convincingly
Masterson Thor actually has some feats.
Beating down Thanos with IG, 2x!!(most undoubtably pis.)
But the point is, that Masterson Thor actually has some unreal feats.

why does everyone find it so hard to figure out how Hulk stumbled on to Glad's weakness?.... he forced the guys eyebeams back on him and it hurt.... that was a type of radiant energy.... Hulk just took this to the next logical step by using more radiant energy against him.... simple laughing laughing That's not even a good answer, especially since your talking about Hulk!!! laughing laughing

Masterson was Masterson in a Thor suit for all intents and purposes... he didn't have Thor's mind, his skill or his experience...... that makes him a completely different fighter Originally posted by bigbran
Masterson Thor actually has some feats.
Beating down Thanos with IG, 2x!!(most undoubtably pis.)
But the point is, that Masterson Thor actually has some unreal feats.

bigbran
Actually I think he can, but I'll go back and look. Even so he can transmute things with his hammer so transmuting something into a large radiating block shouldn't be to hard. Or he could just open a dimensional rift, and send Glads to a giant radiator. I don't know, there's many possibilities. Originally posted by Lucid Lui
And how exactly does Thor know the exact type of radiation that weakens Kallark?

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
He actually says "I did my best, but he's too strong. Thor Lives!."

Helps if you quote it right.

snoopdogg
Glads didn't actually say Thor was too strong for him though it that makes any sense.

Anyways Glads did beat him down one on one with no outside help. And the FF #339 fight was pretty even also. This is a 50/50 fight like Thor/Supes.

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
He actually says "I did my best, but he's too strong. Thor Lives!."

Helps if you quote it right.
End result is still the same.. wink

snoopdogg
End result is still the same.. wink Yea but Glads kinda was hit unaware if you ask me.

MJOILNIR
Thor just took the advantage. Thats the way I look at it. Glads was right there, its not like he backstabbed him.. Thor fought smart and glads went down.

snoopdogg
Glads should have said. "I did my best, but Thor and Thor-Girl were too strong".

MJOILNIR
Ah come on, Thor even spoke to glads befor he hit him. Glads was fine when they touched that plane down. Glads screwed up and Thor thumped him. It wasnt even close to a sneak attack.

bigbran
Ah come on, Thor even spoke to glads befor he hit him. Glads was fine when they touched that plane down. Glads screwed up and Thor thumped him. It wasnt even close to a sneak attack. Do you think people get tired, after they fight, he basically fought Thor and Thor girl, and then Thor right after again?
Do you even question that fatigue might have had something to do with the outcome?

snoopdogg
Ah come on, Thor even spoke to glads befor he hit him. Glads was fine when they touched that plane down. Glads screwed up and Thor thumped him. It wasnt even close to a sneak attack. I argued this last week. After Glads was blasted he said something on the lines of his actions proves him right or something. Indicating that possibly was a cheap shot.

CM-Shazam
glads and thor were even in the one fight on the space ship but that was broken up

MJOILNIR
Possibly maybe... Truthfully there is no such thing as a fair fight. The only way to fight is to win. Thor won. Just my opinion.. Not that its worth 2 cents, LOL

bigbran
Possibly maybe... Truthfully there is no such thing as a fair fight. The only way to fight is to win. Thor won. Just my opinion.. Not that its worth 2 cents, LOL Originally posted by bigbran
Do you think people get tired, after they fight, he basically fought Thor and Thor girl, and then Thor right after again?
Do you even question that fatigue might have had something to do with the outcome?
Just in case you missed it. There is no excuse for you to now.

CM-Shazam
Possibly maybe... Truthfully there is no such thing as a fair fight. The only way to fight is to win. Thor won. Just my opinion.. Not that its worth 2 cents, LOL true and thor beating gladiator isn't like daredevil beating him. thor is a top level hero.

MJOILNIR
Yea I missed it, but it dosnt change my opinion at all.

bigbran
Yea I missed it, but it dosnt change my opinion at all. So if Hulk fights Herc, beats him. Then beats Colossus. Then he fights Hercules again, and loses, you would call that a fair fight? All of those battles would be in a row.

MJOILNIR
I didnt say a thing about fatigue, It dosnt change my opinion Thor could beat Glads. Besides aint Hulks stamina suppose to be limitless*wink*

bigbran
I didnt say a thing about fatigue, It dosnt change my opinion Thor could beat Glads. Besides aint Hulks stamina suppose to be limitless*wink* Not the point.
Ok then.
Lets say Chuck Liddel, fights Tito Ortiz, beats him, then he beats Randy Couture.(all of these fights are in a row.)
Then he fights Tito again, and loses.
Do you think fatigue would have to do with his loss?

MJOILNIR
Yea, it kinda is. Thor has fought for months on end befor. Several big guns have fought for long periods of time without being winded. Herc is one for example. Thor had fought once already as well. If Thor girl winded Glads that much hes not the man hes made out to be. If she winded him that bad then hes not in Thors class anyway.

bigbran
Yea, it kinda is. Thor has fought for months on end befor. Several big guns have fought for long periods of time without being winded. Herc is one for example. Thor had fought once already as well. If Thor girl winded Glads that much hes not the man hes made out to be. If she winded him that bad then hes not in Thors class anyway. I'm going to use a crossover.
Supes was tired after he fought and beat Thor.

Different showings, mean basically different showings.

And why are you comparing Thor's stamina to Glads?
Lets say, he gets tired fast, he wasn't meant to fight 3 battles, like he did.

MJOILNIR
If he gets tired that fast just more reason for me to believe Thor beats him. The reason Im comparing them is you brought up fatigue, not me. Besides Glads really didnt look winded anyway. I just think Thor takes 6-7/10 from Glads.

MJOILNIR
All of this aside who do you think wins?

bigbran
If he gets tired that fast just more reason for me to believe Thor beats him. The reason Im comparing them is you brought up fatigue, not me. Besides Glads really didnt look winded anyway. I just think Thor takes 6-7/10 from Glads. He doesn't get tired that fast though, and I'm stating, that he has already beat Thor, then Thor girl.
But then he gets beat by Thor? There really putting a lot of pressure on Glads. And people do get tired in comics.
All of this aside who do you think wins? Could go either way, really.

MJOILNIR
If Thor truly fights smart(rare I know) hes a beast and I think above Glads. Im not discounting what your saying at all and dont mean to sound like it. Sorry if I did. In this fight I just dont see it as a factor. In some, certainly. Just not in this one. I see it as Thor realizing he has to fight smart to beat Glads and he does. I think he can do it for the magority as well.

Horrificus
Thor wins.
He does not get tired or stop from pain. Even after being broken from head to toe by the Midgard Serpent, he was still able to land the final blow, before being liquified.
You guys also have to take into consideration the weakness of Gladiator suffering from lack of self confidence. Even though it does not happen all the time, it IS a factor, because Thor does not have it.
Thor can effect Time, he can teleport, he tag Glads with a butt load of lightning.
Etc.

Metalmanx
Gladiator wins the majority.

D-Block
THOR wins period if he uses his full power without holding back.

endrict
Thor hands down.

juggernaut66666
thor he has beaten gladiator before and Gldas said that thor was to powerfull for him to handle

Juntai
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
thor he has beaten gladiator before and Gldas said that thor was to powerfull for him to handle Really? The fight I have between them, when Gladiator was running around as a Clark Kent wannabe, and tilting his glasses to use heat vision? Gladiator was smashing him until he stopped to save some guys, and Thor blasted him in the back. lol.

Then in another one I see people talk about, Thor was amped and was barely able to stand up to Gladiator.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Juntai
Really? The fight I have between them, when Gladiator was running around as a Clark Kent wannabe, and tilting his glasses to use heat vision? Gladiator was smashing him until he stopped to save some guys, and Thor blasted him in the back. lol.
then check round 2

endrict
Originally posted by Juntai
Really? The fight I have between them, when Gladiator was running around as a Clark Kent wannabe, and tilting his glasses to use heat vision? Gladiator was smashing him until he stopped to save some guys, and Thor blasted him in the back. lol.

Then in another one I see people talk about, Thor was amped and was barely able to stand up to Gladiator.

where you drunk?

lft4ded
Anyways Glads did beat him down one on one with no outside help. And the FF #339 fight was pretty even also. This is a 50/50 fight like Thor/Supes.

The interesting thing about this fight IIRC is that Thor's speed was augmented to the point that Gladiator had to move at super-speed to keep up (I think he said something about barely being able to make the out at the edge of his vision, and we know how fast Gladiator is), and as you noted, that fight was virtually even until Sharon broke it up. Now in a regular fight where Thor's speed isn't augmented...

aliveinboston

guy222
thor

Daredevil1
Thor 6/10

Tony Stark
Glads should have said. "I did my best, but Thor and Thor-Girl were too strong".

yes You are correct sir.

james2099
First of all gladiator can beat thor but he cannot beat the writers,Thor has a hammer that he better not put down on the ground and fight any gladiator level characters,Those fights in the comics are determined by the writers who will always LET the hero win,Thats the reason in the cartoon gladiator threw juggernaut away but tussled with rogue,Gladiator is not a writers hero like thor,superman,FF,spiderman etc... but when hulk and thor fought a HERO named superman who gladiator outclasses in speed,skill and strength they both got KOED, the reason supes and glads have weaknesses is because they are really too strong to be dealt with by the likes of hulk,thor and any other strong slow fighter..thor has never and will never be shown to beat supes or glads with his fists but they both have KOED thor with their fists, without his hammer hes no match for a lot of slow fighters,hulk even told thor that without the hammer you are nothing....thor threw the hammer away and hulk beat his ass, wonderman beat his ass until he used the hammer..i know thors hammer is his weapon but thats how he wins fights.if you dont believe my try a thors VS in where he has no hammer and let him fight all the fighters on this thread and see how many he can win. but no writers to let him win because hes the hero. and for the record...the superman that koed both hulk and thor was the one who could not move the moon on his own.

KK the Great
Originally posted by lft4ded
The interesting thing about this fight IIRC is that Thor's speed was augmented to the point that Gladiator had to move at super-speed to keep up (I think he said something about barely being able to make the out at the edge of his vision, and we know how fast Gladiator is), and as you noted, that fight was virtually even until Sharon broke it up. Now in a regular fight where Thor's speed isn't augmented...

Sort of.

It wasn't exactly that Thor's speed was augmented, though. The Shi'ar galaxy was under a time dilation effect, so time was moving extremely slowly. Reed made devices that put Thor and the FF outside the influence, so they were unaffected by the time dilation effect.

They spent two weeks on the Shi'ar planet working while the whole world appeared to be frozen. Even ships in the sky seemed to be stuck in place. In reality, they were just moving very, very slowly because time was slowed to such a degree.

Eventually, Gladiator returned from a mission at the edge of the empire, and as he approached the planet he noticed figures moving seemingly at superspeed, at the edge of his vision. To him, the time dilation effect wasn't noticeable because he was affected by it just as the rest of the world. He then used his hyperspeed to match Thor and the FF's proportionate rate of speed relative to the dilated flow of time.

So, basically, Gladiator spent the entire issue operating at his interstellar hyperspeed like it was a walk in the park. He fought Thor, helped the FF stockpile weapons, and eventually carried a giant starship full of weapons and threw it at Galactus--all a fraction of a second.

Were he to use his fully combat-capable hyperspeed in a fight when Thor isn't operating under a different flow of time, there's no way Thor would ever know he was in a fight. Gladiator could punch him, read the New York Times, kick him, take his spaceship to Mike's Carwash, punch him again, bang Jessica Biel, and then come back to finish the job, and neither Thor nor Biel would know what hit 'em.

KK the Great
Thor has already won and will win. Espically considering Glads now thinks Thor is to strong for him.*wink,wink*

Gladiator doesn't "now" think anything. That fight involved a time-traveling Gladiator from far enough into the future for Thor to notice visible signs of aging. The current day Gladiator will have no memory of the fight.

That also isn't how his confidence factor works. He doesn't and has never once lost his power due to a confidence dip when fighting an opponent he acknowledges as a peer or superior. The only time it happens is when he's fighting someone who he knows for a fact he is far superior to, and then the opponent somehow stands up to everything he can throw at them. Like when he thought he was punching Reed but really it was Captain America's shield made invisible and replaced with an image of Reed. His confidence dipped because he launched an all-out assault on what he thought was Reed and Reed just stood there with his hands on his hips, smiling.

KK the Great
Yea, it kinda is. Thor has fought for months on end befor. Several big guns have fought for long periods of time without being winded. Herc is one for example. Thor had fought once already as well. If Thor girl winded Glads that much hes not the man hes made out to be. If she winded him that bad then hes not in Thors class anyway.

"Thor Girl" is such a misleading title. The Designate was, in reality, quite a bit above Thor in power. When she attacked Gladiator, Thor said that the blast "rivaled omnipotent Odin."

Wonder Man
This fight may come down to this.
Can Thor's righteousness overpower Gladiator's confidence

james2099
Thor has already won and will win. Espically considering Glads now thinks Thor is to strong for him.*wink,wink* Did masterson thor have thors strength and power...YES.... was it stated in that book that gladiator was stronger than thor...YES.... Was gladiators strength described as near limitless....YES.... THE END.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by james2099
Did masterson thor have thors strength and power...YES.... was it stated in that book that gladiator was stronger than thor...YES.... Was gladiators strength described as near limitless....YES.... THE END. ...

Anyway...

Here's some scans to show Glads moving in hyperspeed in those comics...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/FantasticFourV1339-14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/FantasticFourV1339-20.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/FantasticFourV1339-26.jpg

Thor still wins though. smile

Wonder Man
I read a Thor comic where Gladiator pretty much took the win while he was fighting an armada. I think Gladiator may be stronger than Thor but Thor with his godblast should be able to defeat people like Gladiator.
I'm pretty sure Thor is ranked number one in marvel although i had thought for a long time Gladiator was strongest.

Larceny
Thor wins.

guy222
odinson wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.