star wars is so better than star treck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

YODAisdaBEST
how can peaple even compare star wars with star treck
mad

Reborn Again
It would be nice if you gave your reason for this critism.

Boris
Or if you spelt it correctly. 'Star Trek'

SixOfTwelve
What they said.

Basically, Star Wars tends to go more in the direction of classic fantasy (see the mythological themes that pop up all the time) with sci-fi trappings, whereas Star Trek has more of a "real" sci-fi angle, most of the time.
I for one like both. Oh, and Babylon 5 too.
Only Sith deal in absolutes. wink

mephistodesigns
Star Trek is pretty boring...it does have its cool points, but not nearly as many as Star Wars. As for Babylon 5....well....to each their own, but it was pretty much trying to be Star Wars and Star Trek and came close to neither in quality.

smoker4
Originally posted by YODAisdaBEST
mad

People have different tastes, as is life, again no need to start a thread about this, people come here bashing all the time, its the sad part of the internet smokin'

jango fatt
it's the COOL part of the internet

smoker4
no er no, its not cool at all

jango fatt
cool siggy smoker

smoker4
Yes Darth Pancake Face is strong in the sause, that cody pic is the start of my fav bit in ROTS evil face

jango fatt
Ah interesting

ahem

DarkYoda
When I was younger, I actually used to watch Star Trek. It's biggest flaws are that there is little or no emotion, it has been overdone, and it has no spiritual side to it. Star Wars is more myth, more imaginative, more action, and a much better epic. I don't think Star Trek really makes you care about the characters the way Star Wars does. Star Trek is much more technical (and geekier for that matter), answering the HOW, while Star Wars is much more spiritual, answering (or trying to answer) the WHY.

yodafan
Originally posted by DarkYoda
When I was younger, I actually used to watch Star Trek. It's biggest flaws are that there is little or no emotion, it has been overdone, and it has no spiritual side to it. Star Wars is more myth, more imaginative, more action, and a much better epic. I don't think Star Trek really makes you care about the characters the way Star Wars does. Star Trek is much more technical (and geekier for that matter), answering the HOW, while Star Wars is much more spiritual, answering (or trying to answer) the WHY.

I agee 100%! Happy Dance

The Inkeeper
can i just point out i believe the creator of this thread is a sock of the member who created the anti star wars pro star wars thread.

Similar names, new member, same mis-spelling of the word 'Trek'

ragesRemorse
strek has to many underlying metaphors. I know this is the very same reason whyso many people enjoy it, but does everything have to have a meaning?

Aldaron
Tell me do you know what a lightsaber is made out of? Why it has that different colour in the blade? Can you tell me how a pasher works? Can you tell me how a hyperdrive works or Warp Drive for the matter?
Overall: ST = SW
CGI: ST = SW.
Story: ST = SW
Edited Editions ST> SW
Box Office: ST??? SW
Box office for the last movie: ST< SW
Cult Rankings: Star Trek Ranked 1st, Star Wars 2nd.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Aldaron
Tell me do you know what a lightsaber is made out of? Why it has that different colour in the blade? Can you tell me how a pasher works? Can you tell me how a hyperdrive works or Warp Drive for the matter?
Overall: ST = SW
CGI: ST = SW.
Story: ST = SW
Edited Editions ST> SW
Box Office: ST??? SW
Box office for the last movie: ST< SW
Cult Rankings: Star Trek Ranked 1st, Star Wars 2nd.

I did not mean that Star Wars cannot be geeky also. What I meant is that it is more likely to be watched by the non-geeks than Star Trek is. I for one enjoy nerding it up for Star Wars every once in a while. laughing

Delta51VE
Originally posted by YODAisdaBEST
mad

You mean like you're doing now?

More importantly . . .

How can people have enough intelligence to work a computer and still not be able to spell?

((The_Anomaly))
star wars = a awesome tale, but truly fantasy. its an adventure

star trek = a glimpse into what the future could hold, since most of the technology in star trek is conceivably possible.

SithSpy
i think they are for diff. groups but at the same time appeal to a wide audience, I for one dont like sci-fi that much but i love Star Wars, I really dont feel like SW is that sci-fi but like it was said before too each his own, i just feel like SW touches on more human emotions and ST focuses more on alien lifeforms and spaceage technology

Aldaron
Originally posted by DarkYoda
I did not mean that Star Wars cannot be geeky also. What I meant is that it is more likely to be watched by the non-geeks than Star Trek is. I for one enjoy nerding it up for Star Wars every once in a while. laughing Ah okay, I thought well nevermind :P

True, Star Wars is more fun. Lightsabers and Jedi. In the Star Wars Universe, Blasters are hardly if ever set at stun. :P

Darth Jayno
I love Star Wars and have done since 1977. I think Star Trek is fantastic especially Enterprise although next gen and voyager are pretty cool. I do not love it in the same way but its the best TV has to offer.

I dont know where you guys are from, but here in the UK, TV is going down hill fast. Reality Tv shows such as Big Brother are taking over. Thank got for star trek, smallville etc.

WindDancer
Please no more Star Wars vs. Star Trek threads. This has nothing to do with Episode III.

closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.