Why didn't Chewie ever mention Yoda...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

acedanger
Just curious I was wondering why Chewie never mentions Yoda to Han. Considering wookies had a good relationship with Jedi's. Wouldn't Chewie of convinced Han about the Jedi religion. It seems that Han & Chewie spent alot of time together so it just seems kinda of funny that he never mentions him. I guess it's just a plot hole. Any thoughts on this would be cool thanks KMC!!

jango fatt
Huh?
What's wrong with you?

SixOfTwelve
As far as convincing Han of the ways of the Force, I dunno. But it is odd that after the incident on Bespin, he never mentioned Yoda to Luke. Guess he was in too much of a hurry to fly off with Lando to find Han :-)

Coming additional scene for the 6-movie DVD box:
"Master Yoda, I MUST know. Is Darth Vader my father? Oh, and Chewie says hi."

mephistodesigns
it might have never come up in front of him...he might have forgotten about him with all his days of slavery...maybe he did discuss it with Luke some day in passing...

it really not that big a deal.

atomik
Originally posted by acedanger
Just curious I was wondering why Chewie never mentions Yoda to Han. ...

Well what makes you say he doesn't. The movies and books (if you consider EU) don't go into every detail of what happend to them 24hrs a day each day of their lives. smile

Delta51VE
the only person Yoda interacts with is Luke (and R2). We don't even know if Luke has told any of the rest of them about Yoda. I think he said "yodaaaa" in his crazy state on Hoth when Han rescued him, but that may be it.

Do you think Chewie told Han about EVERYONE he ever met?

Morgoths_Wrath
Chewie probably assumed he died just like the rest of the Jedi. As fgar as convincing Han, how easy do you think it would be to convince Han of anything, regardless of how close of a friend you are to him?

@F1
Yoda probablly used a Jedi mind trick, to erase him from his memory. It would of put Chewie in danger and Yoda, if he new Yoda was still alive.

adele2k5
it was not relevant to speak of yoda to han solo , han didnt even know who yoda was and when this all happened han was a boy.

Delta51VE
Since when can Jedi erase memories from living creatures?

yerssot
why would he mention him? Yoda had a good relationship with the wookies, doesn't mean that he's tight with Chewie, and that the latter will spend the rest of his life looking for the green dude?

palpy_666
If Chewie mentioned Yoda, it would've sounded like this:

"Ughghghghghghghghgh"

So in actuallity, he might have but you would've never known! laughing

SithSpy
damn it palpy you beat me to it, i was about to say.........

he did mention him listen in ANH when they are on the falcon with kenobi, chewie goes arrrrrrrrfggggggghhhhhhh aaarrr aaraaghheh, translation "hey obi, hows that lil fella yoda been, i havent seen him in quite a while"

Creechuur
Theyre called plot holes, and they are Lucas' specialty. If youre a Star Wars fan, you just tend to get used to it.

I think he does it on purpose, so that he can troll forums all day and read all the debates us geeks get in over them. stick out tongue

acedanger
Well Thank you guys!! Loved the feedback! Just seemed funny to me during the scene in ANH when Chewie is playing chess with R2 and he see's Luke playing around with the remote. You would think that it would spark something up and that he might mention something about yoda and jedi's. Maybe he does but han & 3po just don't translate....

((The_Anomaly))
the real question is when R2 says "beepopp booeepp beep!" is he really saying things like "hey, its obi-wan kenobi, hows anakin doing these days? hey luke! did you know anakin is darth vader and is you father, pretty crazy huh"

makes you wonder...

Fishy
And then Luke constantly playing the guy who understands a word his droid is saying stick out tongue faker.

But really it does make you wonder, people sometimes seem to understand what droids are saying so why wasn't R2-D2 his memorry wiped like C3P0's... And why wasn't R2D2 moving to Vader in the OT... You would think the droid would stay loyal... Stupid droid

yerssot
Originally posted by acedanger
Well Thank you guys!! Loved the feedback! Just seemed funny to me during the scene in ANH when Chewie is playing chess with R2 and he see's Luke playing around with the remote. You would think that it would spark something up and that he might mention something about yoda and jedi's. Maybe he does but han & 3po just don't translate....
why? jedi were very common before the Clone Wars
not worth mentioning he fought in the clone wars cause nothing was asked about it

TheFanboy
Do you understand Wookie? I sure as hell don't so maybe he did mention him at some point in the OT. stick out tongue

Tulak Hord
Maybe Chewie didn't know Yoda was on Dagobah. Besides, with all the smuggling jobs Han and Chewie did, I doubt Yoda would cross his mind at any point. You'd think if he knew were Yoda was, he'd take Luke to Yoda sooner?

@F1
May be, he gave him the speech impediment.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
Chewie probably assumed he died just like the rest of the Jedi.

That seems like the most logical reason.

Although I suppose other questions could be asked about Chewie, like for example "Why didn't Chewie ever ask Kenobi if he knew Yoda in the past (or present) since he was an old Jedi who had fought in the Clone Wars?" Plus plenty of other silly questions that a person can probably come up with about this.

Red Superfly
We know Chewbacca and Obi-Wan in the Cantina had some sort of agreement off screen. Maybe they talked about Yoda or Chewie agreed to help because he befriended him and wanted to help out.

Pure speculation, but its fun.

Maybe the mystery conversation was like this:

Obi-Wan: "Hi there, you're a Wookie I see, I am a Jedi"

Chewie: "I knew a Jedi. Funny little dude with pointy ears, helped us out on my home planet, talked like Grover from Sesame Street.

Obi-Wan: "Wow this is a small world. That's Yoda. I was his room-mate"

Chewie: "No sh*t! So what brings you out here?"

Obi-Wan: "Gotta go to Alderaan, can you help us out?"

Chewie: "Sure. Wanna blue milk?"

Obi-Wan: "Naw, I intend on killing myself later. I f*cking hate my job"

Chewie: "I know what ya mean."

Obi-Wan: "I'll tell Luke about the ride, cheers Chewie. Oh and later I've got some pics of Yoda passed out on the couch, funny as hell, I'll show ya later"

Tulak Hord
You should do stand-up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.