DLP v/s LCD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Tyrant
Well, DLP means, Digital Lighting Projectors, and LCD....you know how it works, I saw ROTS in DLP style and I loved it.

Lord Tyrant
Ex:

darthmonkey9206
congratulations

jerlark386
well i have to say the color is definitely more vibrant on dlp than lcd, but considering its rendered light vs. light reflected off a rendered image, i expected as much. the res appears to be the same however.

tlbauerle
Are there LCD theatres? Crap...that would be one huge ass television.

Where did you get the comparison?

Lord Tyrant
Ex:

darthmaul1
I have a DLP television and it rocks the picture is bright and vibrant and there is no burn in.

LandoSpeeder2
I don't think I have either, I mean I don't know much about it though. I know I don't have an LCD.

but yeah, I'd have to agree the DLP looks much better.

tlbauerle
Originally posted by tlbauerle
Where did you get the comparison?

Thanks for posting right after me and ignoring my question. I like that.

BNCap
DLP

Digital Light Processing

Yes it's sharper, but it also requires depth in order to create an image. You cannot hang a DLP tv on your wall. The allure of plasma is the same as it's always been ... it's size. I still maintain that crt monitors look better than LCDs, but they are so damn heavy and space consuming that I'm ready to replace mine.

tlbauerle
Originally posted by BNCap
DLP

Digital Light Processing

Yes it's sharper, but it also requires depth in order to create an image. You cannot hang a DLP tv on your wall. The allure of plasma is the same as it's always been ... it's size. I still maintain that crt monitors look better than LCDs, but they are so damn heavy and space consuming that I'm ready to replace mine.

However, the allure of plasma is shattered by the fact that it burns out in five to ten years.

CRT rocks in comparison...but LCD is the cheaper easier way to go.

Lord Tyrant
Originally posted by tlbauerle
Thanks for posting right after me and ignoring my question. I like that.

I got the comparison from a friend who works for TI ( the company that makes DLP systems ) And i don't give a crap about answering your question.

tlbauerle
Thanks for answering...I was just curious and asked because you started the thread so I assumed you wanted discussion.

umraanisback
the dlp theatres are definitely much better because the theatres get a special texas instruments chip designed solely for theatres.

smoker4
Originally posted by Lord Tyrant
I got the comparison from a friend who works for TI ( the company that makes DLP systems ) And i don't give a crap about answering your question.

Great way to discuss things messed

Grand Moff Gav
you all smell

smoker4
Of flowers happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.