Storm Troopers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KaNeKnOx
Does anybody know when the empire began calling the clone-troopers: storm-troopers? (i was thinking when they began cloning different officers) and also why did they begin cloning imperial officers instead?

Darth_Vader05
Well i think they started calling them storm troopers in A New Hope maybe im wrong lol.

Tulak Hord
What I wanna know is, if the stormtroopers are Clones, then why are there so many Imperial recruiting places? (I'm not naming any place since EU isn't allowed in this forum)

Wanderer259
Because not all stormtroopers are clones.

StinkFist462
all the clones have something that makes them age twice as fast. after a while ( AOTC - ANH ) you'd think a lot of them died either from getting killed or age.

Tulak Hord
Palpy would still keep the clones going on Kamino.

KaNeKnOx
yes but.... why didnt they make more? did kamino get destroyed or something?

StinkFist462
after the war is there really a need for more clones ?

Tulak Hord
Clones would be cheaper than brain-washed recruits.

Deadlyshot07
Yeah, true.

StinkFist462
how so ? you dont have to keep paying an entire planet who knows how much to build you people and just give some low life a pocketful and hes on your side

Wanderer259
Actually, no. Supposedly, just recruiting people off the street and training them is cheaper and easier than creating vats of clones.

Tulak Hord
Clones are more loyal, and just make the Kaminoians afraid.

KaNeKnOx
but didnt they realize the clones of Jango Fett were alot smarter and stronger?

StinkFist462
i guess. i would pay for having real people though. they live longer stick out tongue

KaNeKnOx
(i just thought of thissmile maybe they couldn't clone anymore since Jango Fett died... unless they could have made clones off the clones

StinkFist462
is that possible? to make a clone of a clone ? hmm interesting

KaNeKnOx
if it isn't, maybe thats why they stopped

StinkFist462
could be. but i think jango would be like dead if they needed a sample of him for every clone they made

KaNeKnOx
lol, good point, but still there would most likely have to be a limited supply of DNA to make a certain amount of clones every so-often

Torik_Shai
Originally posted by StinkFist462
is that possible? to make a clone of a clone ? hmm interesting

It'd be like photocopying a photocopy. Every time you do it, it loses more and more quality. It's better to just keep making copies of the original.

Torik_Shai
By the way, Sidious had all the clones programed to take out all the Jedi on his command. What's stopping somebody else from programming them to kill him on command? Maybe he thought of this and decided not to make anymore clones.

StinkFist462
so after jango gets owned then the rest of the clones are crappy is what your trying to say ?

Torik_Shai
Originally posted by StinkFist462
so after jango gets owned then the rest of the clones are crappy is what your trying to say ?

Kind of. Say that when you clone somebody, there are always minor distortions. So if you clone a clone, the new clone will be getting those distortions that the first one got plus some new distortions. A clone of that clone would get both sets of earlier distortions plus some more of its own. etc, etc...

StinkFist462
oh yea. couldnt they use Boba Fett for some clones ?

Torik_Shai
They could have, but would he have gone along with it? It's my understanding that after Geonosis he kind of goes off on his own.

Darth Jello
i believe that lucas himself said that Jango's DNA is still used for clones, but other imperial officers who excel at what they do are cloned and used as stormtroopers as kind of an honour so they maintain a kind of legacy in the empire. Unfortunately, it appears that Jango was the perfect specimin and the rest just aren't as good. though the trooper that bangs his head in ANH is definitely a clone of jango

Red Superfly
Heh, so much for perfect specimen eh?

The cloners can make loads of clones, but The Empire grows and becomes much bigger. Palpatine needs more recruits to police the galaxy. It's so damn obvious they are recruits, they chatter amongst themselves about cars and stuff, as if they have a home and have hobbies. Those aren't clones. Some maybe clones, but it's obvious a lot are just recruits by A New Hope.

I've always wonderred how Obi-Wan knew what an "Imperial Storm Trooper" was, to be honest. Oh well, I'm sure he came across The Empire's troops at some point on his stay on Tatooine.

Ushgarak
George Lucas says the stormtroopers are all Clones, so that is that.

The academies would be for officers and the like.

Red Superfly
Yeah, but not all clones of Jango.

It's a mess of DNA pools by ANH it seems.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.